Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:
    Joystick: 2-way (left, right)
    Buttons: 1
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Galaga Description

As a spaceship moving left to right at the bottom of the screen, shoot up at enemies as they enter, assemble in formation and fly down at you. If you allowed an alien to capture one of your ships in its tractor beam, you could shoot the foe later and double your fire power!

(http://www.klov.com/G/Galaga.html)

The non shooting cheat will not be accepted

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 24th of August BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    DKong
    sigpic

Learning all the time.................

Last edited by MamePatrol; 22nd August 2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

We all need to be able to clock this game to get in i reckon, dont we DK

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
        We all need to be able to clock this game to get in i reckon, dont we DK
        I have not played Galaga since that week in the MGL when it came up. (well not much ) The RSI was killing me I thought clocked it never again. Surprisingly went from a best of 470,000 odd to clocking it in that week, especially when Spacies clocked it.
        Love the competition
        Found out from Spacies if you play Player 2 the score actually goes into the millions, so if you think you can crack the magic mill play as P2.
        sigpic

Comment

tonight I was on fire about 400K on 1 man in the middle section don't know what the other men were doing
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fringert; 21st August 2009, 12:43 AM. Reason: updating hi score
          Shit happens,then you die!

Comment

RSI is dead right
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wingtipvortex; 17th August 2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
              RSI is dead right
              Man you wait till you get up to the high 900,000 I wanted my shooter hand to fire and was like going into spasms from memory, just stopped doing what it was supposed too

I would have to flex my arm out between screens, whoops letting out Galaga secrets now.

Time to clock this baby again, my arm just twinged in the thought
              sigpic

Comment

Don't think I have ever clocked this classic, I spent more time on the later Gaplus and got over 1mill on that.

Dunno if I will have much time to play this week, but will have a couple of games.
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Oh, great... another button mashing shooter

Is this set any different, easier, harder, than any of the other galaga romsets ? The one I have on my cabinet is the namco rev 2 set.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                    Oh, great... another button mashing shooter

Is this set any different, easier, harder, than any of the other galaga romsets ? The one I have on my cabinet is the namco rev 2 set.
                    Not sure I don't think there is any/much difference. Anyone else know???
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                      DKong - What rom set are we using for Galaga (Namco , Namco Rev B, Midway 1, Midway 2) ?

Damn... Been having nothing but hassles with my converted neo geo cab. Ordered the latest x-in-one gamebox from jammaboards and installed but it looks like the display resolution of the nanao monitor keeps changing to something other than PAL after the bios message.

Anyone know of a way to lock the nanao to PAL output ? This is driving me crazy. *weeps*

EDIT : Monitor issues solved. Very happy !
                      Last edited by shabu; 18th August 2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        I don't think it matters too much as long as the rapid fire is not used (of course) or the bootleg versions.

My original midway board is set 1, I'm not certain but I think when a romset is updated to fix bugs etc. the original set is renamed set 2 and the new set becomes set 1. That might not always be the case though.

Not sure what version is on the 48in1 but as long as the dips are on default I think it's ok to use it.

Comment

OK thanks for the info.

I was kind of hoping this romset is easier or more lives or something, than the one on my cab - cause then I may have a sliver of hope against you millionaires. I may have to just watch you all blitz for this game and hope for a few crumbs of points leftover at the end...

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                            OK thanks for the info.

I was kind of hoping this romset is easier or more lives or something, than the one on my cab - cause then I may have a sliver of hope against you millionaires. I may have to just watch you all blitz for this game and hope for a few crumbs of points leftover at the end...
                            Sounds like youve convinced yourself you wont have a chance? Strange things happen in MGL mate, keep pumpin it!!

Comment

Far out.....

There's been talk of some crazy scores here......

I'm finding it hard to crack 70,000...!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X