Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T9 Game 2: Bank Panic

Game 2: Bank Panic

Rom: bankp

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118124205155.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118124205159.png

No current high score for this game

Manufacturer: Sega

Year: 1983

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Shooter

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Horizontal

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: unique

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 2-way (left, right)

Buttons: 3

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

You play an Old West law enforcement "HERO!" who must protect a bank from robbers while allowing citizens to make their deposits. The screen scrolls left or right with three doors on-screen at a time with one fire button for each door. The background music for the game is "Dixie."

The game becomes crazy and harried as the timer is running out and robbers keep pouring in through the doors. It turns into a shooting gallery twitch exercise. For big points, wait until the robbers draw their guns before you shoot them. Bonus points are awarded for your average speed on the draw (in cases where enemy draws first), so shoot one robber with a quick-draw and shoot the rest unfairly (before they draw) for big bonus. (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7012)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 10th of August BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

Thought I would put it up early as its the first game DKong

Edited by AdamC
Added rom name ;)
  • Like 1

do not run this game in 133u1, (unless my compile was bad) its broken. Use official 133

not played this since my SMS2 was new. Going to be a time waster .... 8min game for ~100k. Didnt even know about the fair/unfair and active doors parts of the gui/game back then.

119300, not too flash really. Better than the 20k first round though

119300.png.268128afb7ce3e55efcfd73ca5a0a5d3.png

Edited by sairuk
  • Like 1

Used to really enjoy this in the Arcades, I think there was even a C64 version ?

It gets pretty manic though in later levels. You really develop a twitchy trigger finger. "Oh SORRY Mrs, didn't mean to shoot you" :D

• Like 1

I enjoy this game, very different, and the game length and difficulty seem fair.

I won't get to play again till Sunday, but hope to beat this score, I would like to crack 200k.

bank0001.png.65f295e006a3e2b1387f7af793268a43.png

• Like 1

First time I have played this game, took me a few games to get into it. Actually starting to like it .

I just have to lay of that trigger a bit :068::lol

bank0003.png.e4d502e6416a173d9c03699d0ad3ca86.png

Edited by DKong
  • Like 1

Great score Kane!!! Gotta be a trick to this one:D

Can't seem to find any tricks, bar shooting the masked man at the right time. Timing it to get big points can be a killer though.

Sometimes I get the 5000 or 3000 points for the masked man most times unfair (fuck em, shoot em down :laugh:) or between 100-1000.

Starting to get around. 100,000 regularly now, upped my score to 125,300 (original score updated.

Liking the game the more I play it, bet if it was stuck in the local fish and chip shop (back in the 80's) most of us regular game players would be experts by the end of the month.

I reckon this game would of taken a fair bit of coin in it's time.

Good nomination ( who ever nominated it step forward :))

• Like 1

This is a PB for me on Bank Panic so I'm pretty happy about that. I reckon this is a really fun and tactical game, not to mention fairly nerve wracking :o

EDIT: Score update. Oh so close ;)

2nd Edit: Final score update. No more from me!

bankpanic2.jpg.839895a1f6daca55fb153fbe3a7ee9a2.jpg

Edited by Jed
Score update
  • Like 1

great game, my sister in law got me hooked on this one.

may have a bug in mine...didn't return to the top score page?? only way i could get a screen shot??

Looks like Jammasized will take out midweek points this week unless someone can beat 269,800.

Great score BTW:cool:

put the mokka on him DK..:lol

Edited by DKong
Auto Merged Double Post.
  • Like 1

great game, my sister in law got me hooked on this one.

may have a bug in mine...didn't return to the top score page?? only way i could get a screen shot??

put the mokka on him DK..:lol

like it xxjardinexx, whoops sorry lost on the avatar :lol Damn awesome score should keep us busy this week, what level did you get up to btw?

BTW some of you guys should update your profiles so we know which state you are from, maybe something down the line with MGL;)

• Like 1

:redface 60150

I was stuck around that point for a few games, keep at it mate, your not disgraced with that score:)

remember though to put it in the title ( your score ) click advanced;)

Midweek points go to Jammasized with a score of 269,800.

Ten bonus points added to your score this week, and what a jim dandy score :p, mate will take some good shooting to beat this one ;)

• Like 1

What a great line up of players this round!

I'd like to personaly thank each and every one of you MGL'ers for participating in the ULTIMATE GAMING COMPETITION in Australia and New Zealand!!!!!!

A BIG THANKS TO DK for organizing and moderating this comp in light of the truly awsome AMY, who ran it for so long. ( Hope you can join in at some stage amy???)

Well done lads n ladies.........may the best gamer be victorious:cool:

• Like 1

Yeah jammasized and saurik show us your State of origin:)

Done ;) ... can't seem to break 150k here atm. Knew there'd be some big scores this round.

One 'trick' may be to always try and keep a banker on the screen where possible (even running the clock down) to get multiple drops on him (Earlier levels have multiple bankers but a slower customer rate). Bonus 1000 points per drop on banker.

Running unfair kills after you hit a single bloke with a 0.00/0.01 should yield a decent point reward at the end of the first couple of rounds too. <--- untested.

I think i'm averaging around 80k by the start of the 4th atm, dunno how that compares. A few thoughts anyway.

I'd be interested to know what round you big scorers hit.

• Like 1

What a great line up of players this round!

I'd like to personaly thank each and every one of you MGL'ers for participating in the ULTIMATE GAMING COMPETITION in Australia and New Zealand!!!!!!

A BIG THANKS TO DK for organizing and moderating this comp in light of the truly awsome AMY, who ran it for so long. ( Hope you can join in at some stage amy???)

Well done lads n ladies.........may the best gamer be victorious:cool:

Not forgetting the progression of MGL PinnyParlour ( RIP) Ian his name was top bloke, miss him started it, Mad Mike took it on after that, then Amy piucked up the pieces and kept the family alive ( Amy is well respected in these parts we love her!). I have helped the progression( sounds like I did something haha) from my input from drunken suggestions over the years. And just like a good game(or wine) the MGL is developing into a good competition .

So onward an beyond MGL ers:p

• Like 1

Keep forgetting to shoot that little bloke with the hats!:lol

You wait till later you will be shooting him and a masked man will appear as your going willy nilly on his hat, quick doors:o

The game is awesome love it :)

• Like 1