Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T8 Game 12: Phoenix

Game 12: Phoenix

Top 100

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118124215054.png

No current high score for this game

Shoot things

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 25th OF May BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

Amz

• Like 1

Hadn't played this for ages and got right back into it last night. Anyone know how many "sheilds" per level you get??

By the way Amy nice discription on how to play...."shoot things" :lol

I don't think there is a set number of shields per round it just takes a few seconds to recharge - maybe 4-5 - but has unlimited uses per round?

I enjoy playing this game too but not sure how good I am in relation to others - will be interesting to find out - or embarrassing LOL.

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1

usually i find embarrasing, but i got a bit over 7000 last night. With a bit more practise hopefully more. the mother ships are tough with slow fire power. mashing the button endlessly doesn't seem to make it fire more quickly...hehe
  • Like 1

Hey all,

Only joined Aussie Arcade recently and to my joy, found the gaming league. Great idea :) I have one of those xxxx-in-1 systems in a cab.

Here's my first posted score, 11,610 for Phoenix. The game definitely gets a fair bit tougher tougher from screen 11 onwards. The third saucer is tough. Never made the 4th saucer...

Welcome,

Have you ever got the 200,000 bonus in Phoenix

• Like 1

Secret Bonus in Phoenix

I never knew about the secret bonus in Phoenix. Googled it just now though. Will give that a shot ;) Sounds easy but I bet it's not. Will give this game another shot with that tip, cheers.

I'd say anyone that can pull off that triple trick shot, will take out the Phoenix challenge...

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
Welcome,

Have you ever got the 200,000 bonus in Phoenix

I haven't but I believe The Prof can do it, just don't tell him we're playing this week :p

• Like 1

Okay, so I managed to get the 200K bonus. If it is decided that it's not cool to do this in MGL, then put me down for my previous high of 28,220 which can also be seen it the same screenshot there.

So here's what happened - Did it completely by accident, didn't even read up on how to do it, just doing what the instructions said, "Shooting Things". I was on the 1st saucer level and 4 phoenix's came down attacking side by side. They reached the bottom and then all 4 proceeded back up the screen all flapping their wings as they do. I shifted across them, shooting, and I suppose I hit 3 of them in a row and was awarded the 200K. Cool!

Good luck players :p

• Like 1

I'm going for my hi score, to me the 200k trick :lol is a bug in the scoring.

But it seems most info available suggests it's a bonus. (Mame history file tells it a little better).

I prolly should of posted one of these midweek, I got it twice on one of em while I was on 215k, score went backward - some bonus :rolleyes

WR is only 987K - 'smoke me a kipper'

• Like 1

Playing some of my best phoenix, seems to happen when you play the same game for a while similar to when it would of been stuck in the Fish and Chip shop for weeks, no other option.

Couldn't get a 200,000 bonus anyway IMO it is a bug and shouldn't be included in the scores:p

Score :Edit update from 46,690

46,690 now thats a good ( Fair dinkum) score, well done, How many times completed?

• Like 1

Score: 17550 meh

[ATTACH]11059[/ATTACH]

Love this era of games :D

The Golden Era!

This game is not fair with shield use! I press it and die when i shouldn't.

Yeah I try to only use the shield as a last resort and then its only 50/50 unless you are ramming some low hugging enemies that keep crawling along the bottom. Pity you can't move once you activate the shield.

Edited by DKong
Auto Merged Double Post.
  • Like 1

I'd agree it's the golden age of arcade gaming for sure. The early-mid 80s when playability was king but they still managed to break new ground with so many cool games.

wingtip - at least you can still shoot through the shield! But having said that I'm always either too late to press it when relying on it - ie sitting under a load of fire to get that last hit on the enemy saucer with the alien inside - and so I die in a hail of Xs, ^s and /s - heheh the debris makes me laugh every time :laugh: Still an awesome score mate :o

World record near on 1 million - holy f***!!!!

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1

This game is not fair with shield use! I press it and die when i shouldn't.

I found keeping the shield button depressed longer helped.

I had a few games on Galaxians inbetween games, but kept going for the shield button :lol

• Like 1

I found keeping the shield button depressed longer helped.

I had a few games on Galaxians inbetween games, but kept going for the shield button :lol

Forget Galaxian I want GALAGA with shield!!! :) Now that would be awesome.

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1