• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL-T8 Game 8: Vanguard

Game 8: Vanguard

Selected from top 1000 list

No current high score for this game

This game is a horizontal and vertical scrolling shooter with four buttons that let you shoot in four different directions. In addition to shooting enemies, you can drive your ship through an "energy" pod that energizes your ship allowing you to crash into enemies without being destroyed.(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7922)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
    Your scores need to be in by next Monday 27th OF April BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    Amz
    Last edited by Amy; 23rd April 2009, 07:12 PM.

Gaunlet!!!!, ****ing stupid game.........some drunk dude with a self love interest liked playing this one, wankers.....

Edit: mmmm seems I was a tad intoxicated when I posted this
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
      Gaunlet!!!!, ****ing stupid game.........some drunk dude with a self love interest liked playing this one, wankers.....
      ....tell us what you really think

Comment

thought so, its funny though because it true. Not exactly a fun one player game and not a good choice for the MGL IMO.
        Suppose I will have to see how far I can go on one coin
        sigpic

Comment

I've never played it but since I'm well on the way to being intox* too I might load it up tonight and give it a go.

But then I said similar about Wonderboy too and look what happened

Cheers
          LT.

Comment

Really is a boring game, in 1P mode, is anyone playing
            I played a couple of games and switched to some pinball.
            Maybe we should have a midweek switch to another game
            sigpic

Comment

I've had a couple of games. Do you have to play as warrior ?

It maybe a little late now to change games, but I'd have no objection. I guess we should trim down that top 100 and chuck a few others in, as there are a few that are not too relevent or unemulatd or require specific controls etc. in the mix.

Comment

I agree, maybe a midweek switch is in order. Tones of classic games that havn't come up yet, what do you think Amy

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
                  I've had a couple of games. Do you have to play as warrior ?

It maybe a little late now to change games, but I'd have no objection. I guess we should trim down that top 100 and chuck a few others in, as there are a few that are not too relevent or unemulatd or require specific controls etc. in the mix.
                  Yes as one player unless you change your MAME config for this file, ie player 4 config to player 1.

No one can really get into this game by themselves unless they are quote

Foot
                  "Gaunlet!!!!, ****ing stupid game.........some drunk dude with a self love interest liked playing this one, wankers....."

Its a coin sucking game that goes nowhere

No purpose here especially if you want to add health plus you can sit at the first doorway and just kill ghosts for ever.

Please change the game Amy

We can can call it a hiccup in the MGL and pretend it never happened
                  sigpic

Comment

ha ha is it really that horrible....im really curious, I might actually go play it.

Ill get back to you all.

we have played worse than this...seriously i was expecting something along the lines of asteroids crossed with rambo (well i couldnt think of anything worse).

But I do have really pretty buttons!!!!

Seeing as three people have asked though I will change the game tomorrow unless anyone objects before I do so.
                    Last edited by Amy; 22nd April 2009, 10:00 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

OK guys...game has been changed....see page 1 for details.

*****PLEASE NOTE******
                      Midweek points will be awarded on Sunday morning 8am Amy time. (NSW)

Hopefully this game might suit you better...I have never heard of it!!!

Comment

Thanks and kudos to you Amy, Vanguard is the game, wingtip is my name.....lets go boys and girls!!

Comment

Never played this game before, 4 fire buttons makes it interesting.
                          Last edited by DKong; 5th January 2010, 04:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                            Never played this game before, 4 fire buttons makes it interesting.
                            Except if you have 2 rows of 3 like me - then it makes it confusing beyond belief

Cheers
                            LT.

Comment

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                              Except if you have 2 rows of 3 like me - then it makes it confusing beyond belief

Cheers
                              LT.
                              Try it on a keyboard, its weird

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X