• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL - T8 Game 5: Moon Patrol

Game 5: Moon Patrol

Nominated by DKong

DKong holds high score of 101,690

The object is to complete the varying legs of the patrol course as quickly as you can while avoiding rocks, craters, mines, and attacks from enemy craft. Your buggy has two guns: a short-range cannon that fires ahead of you and an anti-aircraft gun that fires upwards. You can use the cannon to blast away rocks that block your progress. Most rocks will crumble in one hit, but large ones qill need two hits. There are also tiny rocks that can only be destroyed with precision shooting (otherwise, you will have to jump it).
    Your on-screen display has three indicator lights to warn you of approaching danger.

When the top one flashes, there are enemy saucers coming in. Attack them using your gun and avoid their bombs. The spinning saucers are particularly nasty, as they bomb the ground ahead of you and make fresh craters.
    The middle light indicates a minefield. Proceed with caution here and time your jumps to avoid the mines on the road.
    Finally, the bottom light indicates an enemy behind you. Sometimes, an enemy hovercraft will stalk behind you for a bit and then charge at you. You need to jump so it passes under you and then take it out with your cannon when you come back down. (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8747)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
    Your scores need to be in by next Monday 6th OF April BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    Amz

Comment

Ahhh, Classic game. This should bring back some memories.

Comment

Well might float an early score, to see what's biting
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DKong; 2nd April 2009, 10:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Ill bite Great game imo, it has some challenging sections for sure. So close Dk
          Attached Files

Comment

forgot to add my pic
            sigpic

Comment

first time to stage two!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie View Post
                first time to stage two!
                Well done mate! Now your fun begins

Comment

first time to stage two!
                  And once you pop stage two, its basically the same
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                    And once you pop stage two, its basically the same
                    who ya trying to fool into playing?

arhhhh! the secret is you need to be patient
                    Last edited by Mikie; 1st April 2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

who ya trying to fool into playing?

arhhhh! the secret is you need to be patient
                      No Tom Foolery here, bake that championship stage and the game is your oyster
                      sigpic

Comment

You bastards! I've been hammering this thing for 2 nights thinking I might get a midweek on a game I love (and wasted a LOT of 20s on back in the day) and now I check back in I'm not even close!

ROFL
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                          You bastards! I've been hammering this thing for 2 nights thinking I might get a midweek on a game I love (and wasted a LOT of 20s on back in the day) and now I check back in I'm not even close!

ROFL

Keep hammering away bro, my top score has to be cracked
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                            Keep hammering away bro, my top score has to be cracked
                            Bah, never. Not only does my first round mine strategy NOT work on Champion but it just gets insane from there. I played my FIRST game of it for ages Weds night and got 74K and thought "wow I can get an AA high score!". Little did I know how much skill it's gonna take to overhaul 100k.

Just out of interest what stage comes after Champion?

Cheers
                            LT.

Comment

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                              Bah, never. Not only does my first round mine strategy NOT work on Champion but it just gets insane from there. I played my FIRST game of it for ages Weds night and got 74K and thought "wow I can get an AA high score!". Little did I know how much skill it's gonna take to overhaul 100k.

Just out of interest what stage comes after Champion?

Cheers
                              LT.
                              Super Championship but the same round again, you do get a 10,000 bonus when you finish Championship round .
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X