Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T8 Game 4: Raiden

Game 4: Raiden

Nominated from top 100 list

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242155262.png

No current high score for this game

Guide your fighterplane through several levels by shooting anything with your laser or bullets that comes along. Increase your fire power by picking up blue and red boxes, bombs, and missile upgrades. At the end of each level, destroy the big nasty boss. (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9244)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 30th OF March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

Amz

Edited by Amy
  • Like 1

I just got 200k but I'm guessing that's going to be well down the list. Given the popularity of this game and the general skill level on this forum I'm not expecting much here. But boy it's fun to play :)

Cheers

LT.

I don't feel so bad now :D managed 260,000 on my second game. Not to lengthy for a game either although you constantly have to be on the ball.

Hate dying on the boss screens and losing all the medal bonus's , and it's really difficult once you go back to a weaker firepower. I find once I lose my first life is near curtains from there.

• Like 1

It's a poor workman that blames his tools, etc but I really have to find out why down and left is so dicky on my 1p stick. It hasn't mattered on the last couple of games but it's killing me (literally) on Raiden. These tournaments really highlight the need for top class controls as I'm finding out all too quickly...

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1

It's a poor workman that blames his tools, etc but I really have to find out why down and left is so dicky on my 1p stick. It hasn't mattered on the last couple of games but it's killing me (literally) on Raiden. These tournaments really highlight the need for top class controls as I'm finding out all too quickly...

Cheers

LT.

I'm with you there , still trying to find the best all round joystick, I'm using the 2-player MCA joystick on my cab at the moment (figured it would of had the least use) and seems OK.

Different games certainly require the correct joystick to play the game to the highest level.

• Like 1

I'm with you there , still trying to find the best all round joystick, I'm using the 2-player MCA joystick on my cab at the moment (figured it would of had the least use) and seems OK.

Different games certainly require the correct joystick to play the game to the highest level.

This is why i screwed on this one:( It aint on the 48 in 1, and its near impossible with a keyboard, oh well.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

MMM, my poor old PII 400 MAME cab ain't coping with this one at all

Think I'll need to go to plan B (whatever that is).......

Edit: Plan B successful

Score: 345280

Raiden01.JPG.626e0c56601fdd405994ed4495cbb9ee.JPG

Edited by Foot
Added a score
  • Like 1

Yeah I had a bright idea to play as P2 on my cab only to find button 1 is also dicky. Anyway definitely a Gamedude run on the cards tomorrow to source a new stick.

What's my best bet - a Suzo 500 Eurostick looks the best idea given it has a 4/8 way quick change plate or is a Happ Comp a better way to go? Both are $29.

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1

I used to love playing this game in the arcades, very challenging but fair. Unlike later vertical shooters that seem to have a kill screen that's impossible every now and then so you have to pay to continue.

I was sure I used to get 600k to 1mill in the arcade, but I'm not getting near that at home yet.

I will hopefully find a couple of hours to spare tomorrow or Friday, can't play over the weekend.

I see the top score at MARP is 7,705,470 :)

• Like 1

Yeah I had a bright idea to play as P2 on my cab only to find button 1 is also dicky. Anyway definitely a Gamedude run on the cards tomorrow to source a new stick.

What's my best bet - a Suzo 500 Eurostick looks the best idea given it has a 4/8 way quick change plate or is a Happ Comp a better way to go? Both are $29.

Cheers

LT.

Not sure on the joystick, I think there is a thread with a review of most joysticks.

• Like 1

Good score Dkong, nice to see you've left it to later than last time. I'm inspired but can't play this one for shit.

I've only just cracked 200k, first time I've made it through the first stage with losing a life. Gave the laser weapon a try.

• Like 1

Good score Dkong, nice to see you've left it to later than last time. I'm inspired but can't play this one for shit.

I've only just cracked 200k, first time I've made it through the first stage with losing a life. Gave the laser weapon a try.

I can now manage a 44,000 bonus on the first stage, (no bombs used and 11 medals) I think that is the max you can get. Nearly made the second without dying as well, there are more medals plus I think you can get 6 or 7 bombs so the bonus will be bigger ie 7 x 15 medals would be 105,000 :o

• Like 1

I can now manage a 44,000 bonus on the first stage, (no bombs used and 11 medals) I think that is the max you can get. Nearly made the second without dying as well, there are more medals plus I think you can get 6 or 7 bombs so the bonus will be bigger ie 7 x 15 medals would be 105,000 :o

Oh yeah that's likely for mere mortals! :)

<excuse mode>

I've played too much Raiden II and gotten used to uber Purple fire so red & blue just don't cut it any more :x

</excuse mode>

What's more annoying is after fitting my new Happ stick and 6 brand new Cherry switch equipped buttons I'm still a bee's dick short of 200k :cry

Anyway enough whinging, tonight armed with some Bundy Red and caffeine laden Coke I'll give it a serious go!

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1