Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL - T8 Game 2: Donkey Kong

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MGL - T8 Game 2: Donkey Kong

    Game 2: Donkey Kong


    Not nominated (top 100 list)


    No current high score for this game




    You are a workman named Mario who climbs girders and ladders and will stop at nothing to save his stolen love from the clutches of the giant ape.
    Using the joystick and the Jump button, you maneuver Mario over rolling barrels, away from falling barrels, over or away from fireballs and cement tubs, away from bouncing rivets, up and down ladders, along girders and conveyor belts, onto elevators, over rivets to remove them and over dangerous crevices, to get to where the ape holds the girl captive. For additional points, Mario gathers umbrellas, hats, purses and other bonus items that the girl has dropped on her way to the top of the building. Mario can also grab a hammer (by jumping up to it) to smash barrels, fireballs, and cement tubs for additional points but the hammer can only be used for a limited amount of time.

    On the Girder, Elevator and Conveyor Belt levels, whenever Mario reaches Pauline, Donkey Kong will grab her and carry her off to the next higher level. But on the Rivet level, Mario must remove all the rivets on each and every floor by running or jumping over them. After all the rivets are removed, Donkey Kong will fall head first onto a stack of girders and be knocked out and then Mario and Pauline will be together again for good. Afterwards, the game starts over again with increased difficulty.

    (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8745)








    Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
    Your scores need to be in by next Monday 16th OF March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    Amz

  • #2
    Its on like Donkey Kong.
    Just to clarify does it matter if we play the US or JAP set, I'm beastly careless either way.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      US (Set 1)

      Not that I would be able to tell the difference

      Comment


      • #4
        It is on like donkey Kong.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
          It is on like donkey Kong.
          Might bring a few out of the woodwork, I know you pawn me on this game
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DKong View Post
            Might bring a few out of the woodwork, I know you pawn me on this game
            funny thing is ive had Kong block for the last week or so Just cant seem to get it together at all.

            But yeah, looking forward to see some good DK players in this one

            Comment


            • #7
              I can honestly say I have never spent a geat deal of time playing DK. I spend most of my time playing the Crazy Kong in the Fish and Chip shop, so this should be good
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

              Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

              Comment


              • #8
                It looks like out with the Zippy and in with the 4-way for this game, might just borrow one from my DK Cocktail while its in remission. And remove those micro switch buttons and put in some new leaf buttons I have.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DKong View Post
                  It looks like out with the Zippy and in with the 4-way for this game, might just borrow one from my DK Cocktail while its in remission. And remove those micro switch buttons and put in some new leaf buttons I have.
                  Hmmmm I'm just going to change the little plate on the bottom of my stick (not sure what it is) so it's a 4 way

                  Crazy Kong is so much easier I can score at least double my best DK score on it.

                  Anyway off to try and get a score!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                    Hmmmm I'm just going to change the little plate on the bottom of my stick (not sure what it is) so it's a 4 way

                    Crazy Kong is so much easier I can score at least double my best DK score on it.

                    Anyway off to try and get a score!
                    Its only a five minute job so will be worth it for the week, plus I have been meaning to change my buttons to leaf switch they just bounce back that little bit more quicker.
                    Should be a good week of Donkey Kong I just want to crack 100,000 on the US set to start with.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      126,200

                      Ill start the ball rolling with this score, died stupidly a couple of times early on.
                      Edit....Whoops, heres my screenshot for midweek
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by wingtipvortex; 14th March 2009, 03:18 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                        Ill start the ball rolling with this score, died stupidly a couple of times early on.
                        You have to learn the midweek bonus trick Unless there is an Ace up your sleeve there Andy, now I'm not sure if you are bluffing or thats your best so far.
                        What level 5 ?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DKong View Post
                          You have to learn the midweek bonus trick Unless there is an Ace up your sleeve there Andy, now I'm not sure if you are bluffing or thats your best so far.
                          What level 5 ?
                          No bluffing here mate, thats my best so far. Although i think i scored higher at your place the other week. Youll have to do a check for me.

                          L6 mate, got lucky with the elevators, died twice on L1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                            No bluffing here mate, thats my best so far. Although i think i scored higher at your place the other week. Youll have to do a check for me.

                            L6 mate, got lucky with the elevators, died twice on L1
                            There was some hard core DK that week we even played the 48-1 at the Bowling Alley in search of Games in Launceston ,with crappy joysticks and buttons, we just had to get the highscores though
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                              Ill start the ball rolling with this score, died stupidly a couple of times early on.
                              Is that just Level 6 or 6 times around from the start?
                              Will have a couple of games today.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X