Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T8 Game 2: Donkey Kong

Game 2: Donkey Kong

Not nominated (top 100 list)

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242103216.png

No current high score for this game

You are a workman named Mario who climbs girders and ladders and will stop at nothing to save his stolen love from the clutches of the giant ape.

Using the joystick and the Jump button, you maneuver Mario over rolling barrels, away from falling barrels, over or away from fireballs and cement tubs, away from bouncing rivets, up and down ladders, along girders and conveyor belts, onto elevators, over rivets to remove them and over dangerous crevices, to get to where the ape holds the girl captive. For additional points, Mario gathers umbrellas, hats, purses and other bonus items that the girl has dropped on her way to the top of the building. Mario can also grab a hammer (by jumping up to it) to smash barrels, fireballs, and cement tubs for additional points but the hammer can only be used for a limited amount of time.

On the Girder, Elevator and Conveyor Belt levels, whenever Mario reaches Pauline, Donkey Kong will grab her and carry her off to the next higher level. But on the Rivet level, Mario must remove all the rivets on each and every floor by running or jumping over them. After all the rivets are removed, Donkey Kong will fall head first onto a stack of girders and be knocked out and then Mario and Pauline will be together again for good. Afterwards, the game starts over again with increased difficulty.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8745)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 16th OF March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

Amz

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
I can honestly say I have never spent a geat deal of time playing DK. I spend most of my time playing the Crazy Kong in the Fish and Chip shop, so this should be good :D
  • Like 1

It looks like out with the Zippy and in with the 4-way for this game, might just borrow one from my DK Cocktail while its in remission. And remove those micro switch buttons and put in some new leaf buttons I have.
  • Like 1

It looks like out with the Zippy and in with the 4-way for this game, might just borrow one from my DK Cocktail while its in remission. And remove those micro switch buttons and put in some new leaf buttons I have.

Hmmmm I'm just going to change the little plate on the bottom of my stick (not sure what it is) so it's a 4 way :D

Crazy Kong is so much easier I can score at least double my best DK score on it.

Anyway off to try and get a score!

• Like 1

Hmmmm I'm just going to change the little plate on the bottom of my stick (not sure what it is) so it's a 4 way :D

Crazy Kong is so much easier I can score at least double my best DK score on it.

Anyway off to try and get a score!

Its only a five minute job so will be worth it for the week, plus I have been meaning to change my buttons to leaf switch they just bounce back that little bit more quicker.

Should be a good week of Donkey Kong I just want to crack 100,000 on the US set to start with.

• Like 1

Ill start the ball rolling with this score, died stupidly a couple of times early on:redface.

You have to learn the midweek bonus trick ;) Unless there is an Ace up your sleeve there Andy, now I'm not sure if you are bluffing or thats your best so far.

What level 5 ?

• Like 1

You have to learn the midweek bonus trick ;) Unless there is an Ace up your sleeve there Andy, now I'm not sure if you are bluffing or thats your best so far.

What level 5 ?

No bluffing here mate, thats my best so far;). Although i think i scored higher at your place the other week. Youll have to do a check for me.

L6 mate, got lucky with the elevators, died twice on L1:realmad:

• Like 1

No bluffing here mate, thats my best so far;). Although i think i scored higher at your place the other week. Youll have to do a check for me.

L6 mate, got lucky with the elevators, died twice on L1:realmad:

There was some hard core DK that week we even played the 48-1 at the Bowling Alley in search of Games in Launceston :laugh:,with crappy joysticks and buttons, we just had to get the highscores though :laugh:

• Like 1

Is that just Level 6 or 6 times around from the start?

Will have a couple of games today.

Would have to be 6 times through for that score. Just getting through the first 6 "screens" would only see around 35-40K. Unless he's using hammer on a helluva lot of 800 point baddies :lol

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1

Thats a decent score mate:) 4th elevators is where that level becomes a pain in the ring.

Cheers. My main problem is I always played Crazy Kong which is much too easy in comparison - slow elevators first time through, levels play in order, etc. DK is a shock to the system after that :)

Cheers

LT.

• Like 1

Strange.

My US Set 1 goes to 50m then back to the first stage but its now level 2.

The Jap one goes to 100m though :unsure

This is "normal" for US set

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

• Like 1

US set is sooo much harder than the others, but somehow even though I score crap I still prefer it.

Looks like I'm not going to be very competitive in T8. After missing the first game, then this average score, now I have to go back to work and won't have any time to play.

Spread the trophies around, don't let DKong win another ;)

I've had a good year for awards and trophies already, with T7 win, and my wife and I just got trophies for a mixed pair 12hr mountain bike race win. Also had another couple of recent MTB wins, and got my IUF level 2 certificate for Unicycle.

Now I'm getting prepared for the State MTB champs next weekend, and the weekend after I'm doing my first ever 24hr MTB solo race. (faaaark)

So I won't have much time to compete here, cause I'm too busy competing everywhere else. But I will drop in and have a bash at some of the classics now and then.

Good luck everyone.

dkong.png.fef06bffb1ba32661407853fa9400824.png

• Like 1