• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL - T8 Game 1: Gyruss

Game 1: Gyruss

Nominated by Stubaloo

Amy holds current high score of 644,150

The purpose of this game is to fly through the solar system and reach Earth. The other planets that have you travel to before Earth are Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars. It only takes two warps to arrive at Neptune, but all others including Earth take three warps to get to. Each time you reach a planet, there is a Challenge Stage where you try to destroy as many enemies as possible. After reaching Earth, there is a Challenge Stage followed by a very fast "three warps to Neptune" stage. After this, the levels and the background music start over.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8745)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
    Your scores need to be in by next Monday 9th OF March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    Amz

And we are racing in the cup!

Comment

MMM better tune up the MCA stick and button and fire up the memory on the challange stages.
      "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Awesome. Finally a game I can play. Although Amy's score is a tad huge for me. Time to get to earth!!!!
        I have no garage!

Comment

Man, I need some practice!

Comment

Geeeeez way to crush my spirits first game in Amy, that score is huge!

Will play a few games tonight and see if I can even crack 6 figures

Cheers
            LT.

Edit: 178,900 is it even worth posting? I really need to learn those later challenging stages
            Last edited by MonoJoker; 3rd March 2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Wow forgot what a great score AMY achieved last time round, and considering she is not a big shmup fan . Kudos to you, you must tell us your tips once the round is finsihed
              Got to spend a few hours with my cab tonight and a few bourbons and coke , it got better, but then went to shit around the fifth can althought I was cracking 100,000 with out losing a man after the third.
              Then the running constantly back upstairs to help the old man "yelling wolf " but you don't wan't to hear about that

Great game and had me very addicted tonight , I remember the last time it came up in MGL I was just so happy to reach earth for the first time

Mission for me is to beat my best score of 219,000

Edit :updated score mission accomplished on best score now to beat Foot and Spacies
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DKong; 9th March 2009, 03:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I can see some pretty high scores being posted on this one !

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
                  I can see some pretty high scores being posted on this one !
                  No one has posted a legitimate score yet except mine

Remember the rules game players or are you just holding ATM
                  sigpic

Comment

Damm .. its wednesday already , i think u just got the midweek bonus !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC View Post
                      Damm .. its wednesday already , i think u just got the midweek bonus !!!
                      Mate it's thursday now 12.00pm
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        Mate it's thursday now 12.00pm
                        Ahhhh , yeah .

I should read the fine print more often.

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                          No one has posted a legitimate score yet except mine

Remember the rules game players or are you just holding ATM
                          Patience Grasshopper.......
                          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                            Patience Grasshopper.......

You are playing to much poker
                            I'm ready for a big game tomorrow when I can coordinate again
                            Not sue what I'm saying ATM FOOT, LOL doesn't make make sense Poker WTf lol
                            sigpic

Comment

I forgot about Level 20 when they come speeding out! ****ers got me!

I made up a controller last night which made a massive difference. I was playing with a very poor chinese stick and crap buttons with Yenox switches and was averaging around 180-200k.

Now running LS-32s (rounded inserts ) and Sanwa OB 30s and first game today...BOOYYAAAA!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X