Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Merry Christmas to all MGL Gamers ...

It's that time of year again to celebrate with your family, friends and gamers ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/XmasAA2016_zpsgzmzwdhz.gif

I hope you all have a great holiday season ... and enjoy the coming festivities ...

MGL 30 goes right through Xmas and into early 2017 ... the arcade will be open all hours during this period and we'll see it through into the New Year ...

Merry Christmas to you all! ...

:)

Great to see some people sharing good will on this thread ... OK here are my pressies ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/2_zpsdw5vpeux.jpg

SPF50+ for playing basketball outdoors in 32 degree heat and high humidity today. Had a quick 20 minute session this morning before pressie time.

Then got the perfect gift and will head out again this afternoon for another hour, this time with the Banana Boat! ...

My wife and daughter went to Tassie for their first time ever a week ago and loved it. They brought back a Xmas gift ... some good old "Mt Elephant Fudge" - coconut rough.

Yes out Rat, bigredbird, DKong and churgs way, and the fudge is handmade in St Marys Tasmania ...

3 x sponges to wash the car ... my existing spongebobs would be about hmmm ... about 20 years old ... tattered and holy ...

Bananagrams which is like scrabble without any waiting ...

And since I like artwork fortunate to get 2 more pieces ...

Super Mario Adventures is a great new comic book I found recently, so that had to go on the list!

The Pokemon Handbook has over 400 Pokemon and teaches me how you can use such simple shapes and combinations to make so many interesting characters ... a bit like all the interesting characters you meet on AA ... :lol

Happy with this lot, now ball time for me and MGL after that ... feel free to post your pressies of interest, that's if you got any! ...

My gift was pork chops. That's funny OOO that you received sunscreen for x-mas, because your weather is the polar opposite of mine.

That's cool you play basketball, one of my favorite sports, used to be able to dunk 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I've had too many pork chops since.

Gravity wins.

Happy New Year to all on Aussie Arcade, Hope 2017 is a healthy & prosperous year.

Here I am sporting my new ATARI Tee-Shirt my Sister got me for Christmas & the card I got from Yoda! :114:

I'm infront of my beloved C=64 & a couple of Arcade flyers MrDo! & of course Section Z

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103565[/ATTACH]

Here I am sporting my new ATARI Tee-Shirt my Sister got me for Christmas & the card I got from Yoda! :114:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103565[/ATTACH]

Very handsome ... nice shirt ... love the card ... I mean who doesn't like yoghurt?

I received this one for running the MGL ... :lol

commence-merriment-storm-trooper.jpg.146399a2b16e8f49bdb92976a74a5979.jpg

Christmas and New Year have come and gone but we are still celebrating good times.

I have recently spent another evening at Castle Churgs and enjoyed a few drinks and a random selection of games.

I had a call from @churgs in the afternoon saying he was going to fix the joystick in his cocktail cab. I was pretty happy about this as at our last session the player one joystick was pretty flogged out.

I turned up with my wife at the agreed time and was ready for some gaming action. Churgs did not seem to share my enthusiasm and was more excited to show me his new plants by the waterfall and talk about his plans for the courtyard.

While my wife was interested in this it was obvious to me that this time spent in the gardens meant the joystick would still be in its neglected sorry state.

It was.

I started the evening by pouring a couple of whiskeys. This was good for a couple of reasons.

1. I like whiskey

2. churgs transforms into something else as soon as alcohol touches his lips (it's usually something amusing)

We sat at the cocktail and churgs had first pick. For some reason he chose Crush Roller. I haven't played this much but I have decided this is an awful game. Even when it appears you painted the whole track there can be a couple of pixels worth of unpainted track that is difficult to see. I don't like it. churgs won this game using the dodgy player one joystick. I didn't like that either.

Game two was Tank Battalion. Another pick by churgs and another one I hadn't played before. Reminded me of Combat on the Atari 2600. churgs also won this game.

Game three was my pick and I went for Lady Bug. I was still on the player two side of the cabinet (with the better joystick) and knew this game was very precise in its movements for opening and closing the gates. I figured after two losses I would take any advantage I could.

My Lady Bug was feeling very full as I ate more than my share of gherkins, eggplants, carrots, radishes and parsley while churgs Lady Bug looked very thin.

A big win for me on this one.

We swapped sides to keep things fair and churgs decided we should play Millipede. This game was over pretty quickly for both of us but I was happy to take the win.

Rally-X was the next game. This is a favourite of churgs. The choice of game combined with the whiskey rushing around in his brain started him off on his usual over confident I've-won-this-before-we've-even-started talk.

I got a healthy early lead but churgs came back with a strong second car and edged out a huge lead. There was plenty of self back slapping and arms waving in the air in some weird victory salute but churgs forgot the old saying about not counting your chickens before they have hatched and ended up pretty quiet as I made a come back with my last car and took the lead and win for this game.

Pleiades was next. I don't enjoy this game at and it showed in my poor play. churgs raced away to a big victory on this one and talked it up like it was one of the all time classic games. I poured him another drink to keep him in this deluded state.

I chose Donkey Kong to play next. I was still using the bad joystick but was confident of beating churgs. The main reason for this is because of all the years he has been playing Donkey Kong he has never known about steering barrels.

Generally when we compete we share all knowledge of game secrets and strategy with each other but for some reason I've always kept this one up my sleeve.

After watching him get into difficulty on the barrel screen (again) I finally decided to share this info with him.

I still got an easy win as he was trying to learn this new technique while half charged and didn't do that well.

It was time to get serious. We left the wives next to the pool area while we poured another drink and moved onto his upright cab. I think they were pleased with this as it was starting to get a bit rowdy.

We had a dot munching session next playing both Pacman and Jr. Pacman. churgs is good at both of these games and I got a flogging on both. His confidence and loudness had risen again.

We finished the night with a game that is currently in play in the MGL. It was time for Qix.

We couldn't start immediately because we had to debate how it was pronounced. I say 'kicks'. He says 'quicks'.

I'm pretty sure I was saying it correctly but then again so was he so we had to agree to disagree.

The night couldn't have ended better with me setting a new PB and taking the top spot on his cab.

Another great night at the churgs residence. The only thing missing was a game of Mr. Do!. Curiously, churgs didn't bring this up or suggest it as a game to play. I think he is still suffering badly from his recent defeat. I hope he gets over this soon so we can resume our rivalry. I'll give him a bit more time.

That's me on the left and churgs on the right.

1198405681_churgsplace.thumb.jpg.4f0ef7739d073c9ea3d2af044a00e729.jpg

Edited by bigredbird

• 1 month later...