Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 8 ~ Joust ~ [FINISHED]

Buzzard kingdom ...

MGL 30 - Game 8 ~ Joust

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustMGL22SettingsA_zps518ce9d1.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustMGL22SettingsB_Final_zpsca957259.png

Nominated by gamers: Barra, creech and Jed

ROM: joust (white/green label)

Game Story:

You are a knight flying on an ostrich, battling buzzard-mounted enemies. To fly, you repeatedly hit the flap button. To topple the Buzzard-Riders, "the highest lance wins".

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 8 Jan 2017, 7pm AEST Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No cheats allowed. You cannot kill more than 10 pteradactyls per wave … (good luck just getting 5!)

GAME 8 … Eggs poached or with riders? …

:026::026::026::026::026::026::026::026:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustFinal_zpsoei0sdxs.png

Congratulations to Barra for winning Game 8 …

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustMGL30Winner_zpsfixyssd0.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

an alltime classic. features strongly in the book 'ready player one' which every gamer (especially gamers who grew up in the 80's) should read.

seriously, if you don't like this game, or it's too hard for you, go back to jumping little cars around :lol great nomination Barra *fist bump*

seem to recall @Brad blitzed us last time this was played.

@Barra - this is an absolutely horrible game, and you should hang your head in shame for nominating it. If you come over to Brisbane for the opening of Netherworld, I'm no longer shouting you a beer :P

:D

He should be banned from Brisbane and required to wire cash to everyone attending so they may buy their own rounds of beer at Andrew's expense. In fact, wire some cash to the US while you're at it. I'm pretty sure we have beer here too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103013[/ATTACH]

Not fun.

@fok999 hit F2 to get into a sub screen, then cycle through the sub screen using F2 again to find the settings page (you'll run through color checks etc first). I'm pretty sure these settings that OOO posted are mame defaults. I did not have to change my settings anyway.

This is definitely a classic for me and is one of the games I am considering as a next arcade machine to join my collection (I'm split between Joust and Robotron)

I also read "Ready Player One" and recommend it to anyone who grew up in the 80s and played arcade games and Atari 2600. It's my understanding that they are actually going to make a movie out of this book.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103119[/ATTACH]

To my surprise, I've been playing mostly Joust since it's arrival. I'm not convinced that I like it at all, but I have put in a fairly good amount of game time. I still don't like Barra. :D

I just grabbed this score a few minutes ago with a previous (unposted) HS of 78K. Everything just went really well. The game gets much, much harder as the platforms disappear.