MGL 30 - Game 7 ~ Jr Pac-man

]"]Error | Photobucket

Nominated by gamers: BandontheRun and creech

ROM: JRPacman

Game Story:Score Submissions:

Final Results ...

]"]Error | Photobucket

Congratulations to CrazyKongFan]"]Error | Photobucket

Last edited by OOO; 1 January 2017, 07:24 PM.

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...tions-are-open

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no playing the turbo version...that's like shooting fish in a barrel

Comment

Wow that's my 2nd selected nomination in this MGL!
      I've actually got this on the ArcadeSD but it defaults to turbo so I'll need to change that setting.
      I never enjoyed this game in the arcade - it seemed way to difficult for the quarter it cost and at that time there were so many newer games that made any PAC-man variant seem old.
      Since I put this in the ArcadeSD it is now one of our family favorites and probably my wife's favorite game!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

I've got a real PCB for this one, so I'll most likely be playing using that most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
          I've got a real PCB for this one, so I'll most likely be playing using that most of the time.
          Curious what your setup is like that you can swap real PCBs?

Comment

I have a Gaplus cabinet, and a JAMMA cabinet adapter so I can hook up JAMMA PCB's (or non-JAMMA ones with the appropriate adapter). But the Jr Pac PCB I have is one from the factory Mappy conversions (Mappy didn't sell well and Midway converted some to Jr Pac). With the filter board they included (which I have), it lets you run Jr Pac in a Namco pinout cab (which Gaplus and Mappy both are). I even have a Ms Pac control panel I can swap in so I can play it with a 4-way stick instead of an 8-way.

Comment

OH man this game is brutal. Going to be a tough 2 weeks

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

26,350 tough game but here's a start with joystick still on 8 way for Scramble which I'm not getting better at and I'm sick of Mr Do!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jrpa0002.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1817421

yep I had one dot to go on board 2

Comment

I don't play much Pac-anything, but when I do, I prefer to go the turbo way. 30K for openers on this one, but sure wish it were turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by magrinder View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102827[/ATTACH]

I don't play much Pac-anything, but when I do, I prefer to go the turbo way. 30K for openers on this one, but sure wish it were turbo.
                    The turbos are certainly fun, but it takes alot of the strategy out of it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Watch out for a score from [MENTION=9067]OOO[/MENTION] on this one, I seem to remember him schooling us a few years ago on everything Pac related when we all decided to Puck Off over a Christmas break.

I might fire up a game of this after the Aussies beat the Paki's in the cricket - still 11 overs left, so a good chance we'll bowl them out for a 2nd time in the next hour

Comment

This is just my favorite game. My high is around 70,000. It's so challenging which is what drew me to it and I do play the pacs. I always love to see people excel at it so hope to see some great scores here. Abner Ashman kill screened it which I would pay to watch him play.

David Manning is great too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Think this is the first time I've ever seen the 2nd level

Name:	0001.png
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1817427

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
                            Curious what your setup is like that you can swap real PCBs?
                            I swapped in the Jr Pac PCB tonight and the Ms Pac control panel (which is ugly, but works good ) and snapped a couple pics:

Name:	IMG_5425a.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1817428

Here's the 3 uprights I have. Middle one I've used a couple times for MGL games, was originally a Robotron that had been converted several times, painted over, etc, and was gutted when I got it (well, it had a Final Fight PCB and marquee, but no monitor, a toasty power supply and really crappy joysticks). I've got it wired up to JAMMA, a TV-tube swapped G07 monitor, and 4" Wico's (repro sticks, with original bases) and use it for my horizontal games. Currently has Bubble Bobble in it, but I also use it alot with a JROK Multi-Williams board, as well as a few others. It's pretty ugly too, but the controls work really good . And of course, a dedicated Crazy Kong, which I'd use if it ever makes it in the MGL

Name:	IMG_5427a.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1817429

I'm not really into restoring, I'd rather them play really well

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
                              I swapped in the Jr Pac PCB tonight and the Ms Pac control panel (which is ugly, but works good ) and snapped a couple pics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102845[/ATTACH]

Here's the 3 uprights I have. Middle one I've used a couple times for MGL games, was originally a Robotron that had been converted several times, painted over, etc, and was gutted when I got it (well, it had a Final Fight PCB and marquee, but no monitor, a toasty power supply and really crappy joysticks). I've got it wired up to JAMMA, a TV-tube swapped G07 monitor, and 4" Wico's (repro sticks, with original bases) and use it for my horizontal games. Currently has Bubble Bobble in it, but I also use it alot with a JROK Multi-Williams board, as well as a few others. It's pretty ugly too, but the controls work really good . And of course, a dedicated Crazy Kong, which I'd use if it ever makes it in the MGL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102846[/ATTACH]

I'm not really into restoring, I'd rather them play really well
                              Wow they look fantastic ... and the colours are awesome!

Great job on getting them working and jr pac-man to boot!

Ok so now some interesting scores from you on the junior version .. and let's see if Crazy Kong turns up soon so we can see your score on that great looking cab!

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...tions-are-open

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X