MGL 28 - Game 3 ~ Popeye ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigredbird View Post
    I play all games on an 8 way. It's what I'm used to using and haven't had the need to change it.
    I have said the above many times myself, I play pac-man, DK, MrDo, Pengo etc etc with my joystick in 8way and don't see a problem with it as it's what I am used to. BUT just like you said earlier I have been getting stuck on the ladders sometimes in this game so with magrinder's advice I decided to back down on my stance that I can do it 8 ways all the time and for the first time ever (had it 2 years now) on my Horiz cab I lifted the CP and unscrewed the two screws to change my physical joystick restrictor and WOW I'm really enjoying the difference I think my firm stance on not needing to change it came from the years I spent playing with my PSX Namco joystick that I could not restrict to 4 way, when I got my cabs I just kept going with that and as I change games I'm playing usually a couple of times a session I could not be bothered changing it back and forward.

To get around having to lift the CP and change it I even tried one of the 4/8 way switchers sold here http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...-Order-Now!-** and installed that on my Vert cab. I found it did help, but after playing with it for awhile it became neglected as I went back to telling myself I didn't need to use it.

But the feel of the physical restrictor is great for this game and now I'm a convert to converting I will still stay on 8 way most of the time but the occasional game that does NEED 4way I'm going to make the effort to change it over in the future

Those that play well on a keyboard I feel are probably possessed by evil sprites and need to be mocked into submission until they use a stick of joy like the rest of us...one of us...one of us.....nothing wrong with knobs boys just don't use those phallic bat tops they are not correct

Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
      Then if keyboard do, then pop your eye too.
      However if do 4, pop 4 and you'll be hammered ...
      Ummmm.... Are you ok?
      Too many mushrooms?
      My Twitch stream -

Comment

Ummmm.... Are you ok?
        Too many mushrooms?
        This mushroom comment is ten times funnier after reading your "to play Mr. Do! you must become Mr. Do!" and the required fluidity when being chased by enemies in a cherry patch... but hey, who am I to judge?

Thanks for these last several posts everyone. Very entertaining. Very funny stuff. Who says Popeye doesn't bring out the best in people?

- - - Updated - - -

Haha. I forgot this one... "feeling the breeze on his little clown face."

Freakin' brilliant.

Comment

Hey BrB did I show you the pics of Head2Head a couple of years ago when Gary came dressed up as MrDo ?
          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            Hey BrB did I show you the pics of Head2Head a couple of years ago when Gary came dressed up as MrDo ?
            I just had a look back through your Head 2 Head thread and found the pics.
            Did he also carry around a tiny clown ball to throw at your guests?
            My Twitch stream -

Comment

Yeah he had one of those giant tennis balls you get from novelty shops, I still have it here in the games room.

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post

Mate are you being run out of town frequently? That's all I read these last 12 months ... airport, airport, airport.
                It's either an eviction or you are are sick of home dinners ...
                Sick from home dinners is more like it. I can't cook for shit.

I had to go to Melbourne for my Brother's 60th birthday party. He had no clue about either the party or me being in Melbourne.

Comment

I think i got some SPINACH stuck in my teeth !
                  Attached Files

Comment

What are you using [MENTION=9967]RMacauley[/MENTION] ?
                    I use an 8 button Oz Stick with a Sanwa joystick installed. I had intermittent problems with switches not registering so I replaced them with the switches from an old MCA arcade stick I had lying around. The 4/8 way restrictor plate isn't installed at all right now due to the MCA switches. Might need to replace that for Popeye and see how it goes

Comment

8,550 just to get a start in. I'm on 8 way atm for BnJ and getting stuck on the stairs for Popeye, as well as other stupid ways to die so will move on and hope for back to back 4way games after BnJ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	popeye.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1814059

On a related note I've been following a few blogs of cyclists who ride coast to coast across USA as I dream of undertaking this trip. Most pass thru Chester Illinois, the home of Popeye's creator and most pose for a photo.

Name:	popeye.jpeg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1814060

Comment

Toot Toot

If anyone dares to risk my Fisk,
                        It's Boff and it's Wham, understand?
                        So keep Good Be-hav-or
                        That's your one life saver
                        With Popeye the Sailor Man.

Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm Popeye the sailor man
                          I live in a garbage can.
                          I eats all the worms
                          And spits out the germs
                          I'm Popeye the sailor man.

Getting through the first 3 levels ok now, 2-2 atm.

Quick question on the 3 level, the pirate boat, how do you determine how many more H..E..L..P...S's you need to complete it?
                          Level 1 and 2 has the heart board and note gauge am I just been blind freddy?
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post

Quick question on the 3 level, the pirate boat, how do you determine how many more H..E..L..P...S's you need to complete it?
                            Level 1 and 2 has the heart board and note gauge am I just been blind freddy?
                            The ladder in the middle of the boat increases by one rung with every letter.
                            When the ladder reaches Olive the level is complete and Popeye and Olive live happily ever after.
                            Well for a few seconds anyway, until Brutus comes and messes everything up again.
                            My Twitch stream -

Comment

Tough game! Made it to round 6. Hard to consistently get through 4 and 5 with all that's going on.

Name:	0008.png
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1814065

Twitch highlight: https://www.twitch.tv/soltyd/v/71971203

Comment

Wow you guys are all smashing it at Poopeye well done

I just got distracted by Defender again and for only the third time ever clocked it on default settings WOOHOO

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X