Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 28 - Game 1 ~ Galaga ~ [FINISHED]

Extreme Firepower …

MGL 28 – Game 1 ~ Galaga

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GalagaMGL28_zpsm4zewprf.png http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/FlyerGalaga768_zpsc7wstccc.jpg

Nominated by gamers: DKong, creech and smkrogman

ROM: galaga (namco rev. B)

Game Story:

As a spaceship moving left to right at the bottom of the screen, shoot up enemies as they enter, assemble in formation, and fly down at you. If you allow an alien to capture one of your ships in its tractor beam, you can shoot the foe later and double your fire power. What gibberish. In other words, smash them!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 19 June 2016, 7pm AEST (those fellas on the east coast) Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No cheats allowed (eg the bug stop fire trick). You can play as the 2nd player to show off all of your millions.

GAME 1 ... Blast them …

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Galaga_Bee_zps51bceb9c.png

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GalagaFinal_zpstldubn34.png

Congratulations to smkrogman for winning Game 1.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GalagaMGL28Winner_zpsc7ezrxqm.png

:)

Edited by OOO
  • Like 1

@Barra - congrats on the win for game 1 :lol

Better check up on my old high score and see if I remember the tips you gave me last time.

EDIT: Hold the phone - is that really Stephen Krogman joining us? This could get real interesting at the top.

• Like 1

Is it okay for my 8 year son to join in on this one? He's made it to stage 12 last time we played together. JrOutRun86 [emoji1]

Nope you have to be over 40yrs old to play in the MGL......how old are you these days Barra? ;)

Dips set on HARDEST....I dunno if I have ever played that I normally play default which I assume is normal, I hope it's not too hard that would suck the fun out of it, I will go and have a try :)

• Like 1

My bonus life dips are different

20k, 70k, Every 70k

There is not one exactly the same as the pic? Is that the same? Is that what the pic means or is the correct setting limited to only 3 extras?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it okay for my 8 year son to join in on this one? He's made it to stage 12 last time we played together. JrOutRun86 [emoji1]

Of course it is!

The new generation of CAG players are welcome ... JrOutRun86 ... what will be his avatar? And don't be a meany, let him pick the design ... :rolleyes

20k, 70k, Every 70k

There is not one exactly the same as the pic? Is that the same? Is that what the pic means or is the correct setting limited to only 3 extras?

Will depend on your version of MAME I think. Mine come up as 20k, 70k, 70k - which means 20k, 70k and then every 70k - so 20k, 70k, 140k, 210k.

20k, 70k, Every 70k

You always had a good attention for detail. Yes it is the same. Just the way WM 0106 shows the settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Dips set on HARDEST....I dunno if I have ever played that I normally play default which I assume is normal, I hope it's not too hard that would suck the fun out of it, I will go and have a try :)
If Barra can get 5 squillion .. you can get at least a little squillion ... and be careful posting things are too hard, it can be embarrasing ... :rolleyes

Of course it is!

The new generation of CAG players are welcome ... JrOutRun86 ... what will be his avatar? And don't be a meany, let him pick the design ... :rolleyes

Great! He'll join from next week - he's got a 1 week ban on electronic items lol

Yeah I mine is OK then cool.

Just had a game and got 300k which is 50k more than I had on the first Namco rom on my cab at default which is Easy.

I'm glad there isn't much difference between Easy and Hardest. I'm surprised not to notice any difference really but I don't play it much. No doubt Barra will be along soon to explain 😀

If anything maybe the enemy bullets go on a bit more angle to trap you in the corner but that might be my imagination.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94166[/ATTACH]

I was considering playing with player 2... but I decided against it.

... only 936,740 points to go ... but you know one day, you may make it there ...and more ... :035:

- - - Updated - - -

but that might be my imagination.

Nah, it's those Twister mushrooms ...

- - - Updated - - -

he's got a 1 week ban on electronic items lol

What game did he beat your score on?

... only 936,740 points to go ... but you know one day, you may make it there ...and more ... :035:

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it's those Twister mushrooms ...

- - - Updated - - -

What game did he beat your score on?

Galaga lol[emoji23][emoji23]

So much more practice needed.. have to do some more over the WA long weekend

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94169[/ATTACH]

Well it's a start, on a nice machine too. Plenty of time to get going ... :071:

WA long weekend? ... hmmmm ... look up Google and ... it's a public holiday called "Western Australia Day" on Monday next week!

You lucky person ... there is no such thing as "New South Wales Day" public holiday in my state. Enjoy your long weekend!

:popcorn:

The biggest difference between Hardest and Easy settings is that there is a kill screen I think at stage 250 on Easy but on Hardest you can play forever. This makes no difference to me (and most others) as I won't make it past 20 stages in this game. The other difference that I know of is that on Stage 10 on Easy the bugs don't shoot while on Hardest they do. Other than that, I think the gameplay is pretty much the same no matter what difficulty you chose.