Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 27 - GAME 8 - Markham

markham_zpslzok50x6.png.8d004f67864d7a5dd7336d01ab919fe0.png

Game 8 and the final game of this MGL is a random horizontal shooter and it's Markham. A game so popular BITD that I can't even find any information about it on KLOV. Anyway, it's doesn't seem complicated - fly your spaceship of whatever it is, and shoot things. Simples!

This game, and the entire MGL finishes Sun 22nd May at 6pm AEST.

Good luck and may God have mercy on your soul if you enjoy this game because it looks like absolute crap to me :lol

A game I've never heard of to finish it off. Nice :)

Will check this one out soon

Not on KLOV as John says but its here - http://mamedb.com/game/markham

Released by Sun Electronics - same as Kangaroo. Wonder if we can get games added to KLOV?

Edit: Who the **** nominated this? :realmad:

Lol

Edit2: I'm considering never playing this again. Beat the TG record on about my 3rd go but MARP record is a lot higher.

0000.png.5b95eab700bfbdda32bc3e95485591e7.png

Edited by Barra

@Barra - not nominated by anyone directly - it was a random horizontal shooter. And the info you found on MameDB - well that's what I use as the games list, so that's how I found it too.

Ahhh I was gonna say! Usually people here have good taste lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93120[/ATTACH]

Still not liking this one, though getting a bit better. The ghost bullets are what I really need to get a grasp on. I lose most if not all guys on these bullets that show up after whatever has been destroyed. I tend to lose many guys right in a row too.

I'm not sure what those black things are that look like little rocks. I know to shoot or dodge them, but past that they are a bit of a mystery to me.

Starts getting tough after the boss. Also just an FYI I know its not allowed (and I usually abide) but I watched the first place score at MARP and he just sits there and leeches the boss. Knew something wasn't right.

0010.png.85bc2c76229e82f61f4ef3aee5a3e7a2.png

Starts getting tough after the boss. Also just an FYI I know its not allowed (and I usually abide) but I watched the first place score at MARP and he just sits there and leeches the boss. Knew something wasn't right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93132[/ATTACH]

End of the day we have a gentleman's agreement during the MGL. If you can leech, generally it's not in the spirit of the MGL but whatever with this game as I haven't got into it yet.

(And with the high score table on this one you wouldn't know if someone leeched anyhow?)

Back to the game

End of the day we have a gentleman's agreement during the MGL. If you can leech, generally it's not in the spirit of the MGL but whatever with this game as I haven't got into it yet.

(And with the high score table on this one you wouldn't know if someone leeched anyhow?)

Back to the game

Oh yes for sure I completely agree. I always play straight up, was just posting my observation :)

Oh yes for sure I completely agree. I always play straight up, was just posting my observation :)

Not saying you have, did or would. That wasn't what I meant :). Just interesting that the MARP holder did it and it was accepted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93179[/ATTACH]

@John73 so, do you suspect it's better than "that crappy french game" or no? :)

After putting even more time into this and giving it a reasonably fair shot, I'll retain my earlier comments and say it's a bad game. It's bad and it's not any fun to play either. Ha! :)

If stuck on a desert island with only Markham and "the crappy french game" to play, I would have to go crappy french game. Mind you I would not be pleased with these options, but out of the two... :)