Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[FINISHED] MGL 27 - GAME 3 - Berzerk

berzerk_zpsfyedqovo.png.efb543210581af7330d52c6887430948.png

I'm sure other MGL moderators have used random selection and when they saw what game came up they thought "Urrg, not this piece of crap", and that time for me is right now. If the Random.Org website selects Crush Roller next I am going to lose my marbles. Hopefully this is a sign that I don't select games only I like and ignore a game when it is randomly selected :) But I digress...

Game 3 is Berzerk.

ROM: berzerk.ZIP

DIPS: See the above picture

Closing date for scores: Sunday 17 April 7PM AEST.

In each and every maze, the humanoid must destroy all robots using his laser gun without touching the deadly walls, colliding with a robot, or getting hit by any of the lasers fired by the robots.

After the humanoid has destroyed all the robots, he must escape through one of open doorways before Evil Otto appears. If Evil Otto appears when there are still robots, he will bounce very slowly. But after all the robots are destroyed, Evil Otto will be bouncing even faster. The humanoid must escaped before Evil Otto gets him or he is done for because Evil Otto cannot be killed.

I believe there is a leaching tactic involved in this game, just going around and around in patterns or something like that... That is a big no no! I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me about this game will chime in shortly to elaborate on any banned tactics.

Kill the humanoid and all that crap... Good luck :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh nos... Berzerk :o

You just picked this game because it's one of your favorites John. ;)

I think I've played this game twice in my life.

Ten tries for now and all are shown below. I'm afraid to look up scores on this game as I'm sure I've got some work ahead of me. I wish I could shoot the bouncing smiley thing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91191[/ATTACH]

Edited by magrinder

Not quite. In fact, not even close. I think pretty all other MGL moderators would have clapped their hands with glee when this came up. Cause it's one of the alltime classic golden era games.

Not quite. In fact, not even close. I think pretty all other MGL moderators would have clapped their hands with glee when this came up. Cause it's one of the alltime classic golden era games.

Your golden era obviously started before mine :P And no, I didn't say all MGL mods would have hated this game, I said sometimes a game comes up randomly which that particular mod hates when they see it randomly selected.

dont u hold the WR?

A WR on TG. Different ROMset though. Nothing special.

FWIW -

ROM: berzerk (set 1) is fast bullets, slow otto

ROM: berzerk1 (set 2) is slow bullets, fast otto

I'm assuming we are using fast bullets

Well if it the ROM is "berzerk" then yes, that is fast bullets :)

I knew there was a fast/slow bullets version - but being my lazy self, I just loaded up the first ROM I could think of and went with that :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm passing on this one if this is the affect it has Death of a gamer

That poor guy. I seriously doubt the game really had anything to do with his death - but why risk it hey? ;)

quick bash to blow off the rust..

WP_20160402_14_16_15_Pro.thumb.jpg.f104d4cd8a6a407ce621d9a19c8a1eae.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Your golden era obviously started before mine :P And no, I didn't say all MGL mods would have hated this game, I said sometimes a game comes up randomly which that particular mod hates when they see it randomly selected.

I'm talking about THE golden era, 1979-1983. There isnt another one :p

What is it with this game?

Just one more go and thats it...

Just one more go...

Just one more go...

Just one more go...

It's such a simple game concept too. Kill or be killed. You can do better! One more!

A couple of pieces of Berzerk trivia.

The game's designer, Alan McNeil, had a dream one night involving a black-and-white video game in which he had to fight robots. This dream was the basis for Berzerk. The idea for a black-and-white game was abandoned when the color game Defender was released earlier that same year.

Berzerk is the first robot killing game but the big selling point of Berzerk was speech. It was the first game to feature talking enemies, with the speech compressed for the game at a cost of roughly $1000 per word. If you left a room without killing them all, the survivors would taunt you in their robotic voices : "Chicken! Fight like a robot!" or simply "Chicken".