Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 8 - Mr Do!

MGL 26 - Game 8 - Mr Do!

The final game for MGL 26 is Mr Do! Hugely popular back in the day and inspired by "Dig Dug". The first in a series of four Mr. Do! games - we recently played Mr Do's Castle in MGL 25 and Mr Do's Wild Ride in MGL 21. Mr Do! was one of video-gaming's biggest arcade successes. Unfortunately for Universal who released the game, none of their other games could match it in commercial terms and the company disappeared in the video game crash of 1983-84. The game was also licensed to Taito

Mr. Do! is a colourful and addictive maze game in which the player takes on the role of the eponymous Mr. Do, a circus clown who must clear each level of either cherries or monsters. The game's single screen levels are made up of tunnels surrounded by a colourful, soil-like substance. This soil can be dug through to create new tunnels, allowing Mr. Do to escape his enemies and to reach the many cherries that litter the levels. A number of apples are also scattered around each level, and Mr. Do can push them along tunnels (to block and/or kill monsters) or can tunnel beneath them to drop them onto the heads of any pursuing enemies. Mr. Do himself can also be killed by a falling apple.

Mr. Do is armed with a 'Powerball' that can be fired down a tunnel, it will then bounce around the tunnels until it either returns to Mr. Do, or comes into contact with, and kills, one of the level's monsters.

Details:

Rom:

MrDo

Dips:

Difficulty: Easy

Special: Easy

Extra: Easy

Lives: 3

Control :

4-way joystick

Buttons : 1 (Powerball)

Goes without saying that anyone with the Taito board cannot use the first board 255 life trick. Let's have no controversy in the last game and only a mild amount of slander and innuendo ;)

Score submissions into this thread, first line listing your score and include the screenshot. Submit as many scores as you want. Scores will close at 19:00 hrs, Sydney time, Sunday 25 October 2015.

Edited by Fire_Power

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barra loves this:D

Just a casual observation, but he appears more than a little handy at quite few games! And as we're at the end of the games I will let it out that it wasn't one of his nominations - so expect at least someone else to like this game

Very happy with that one! That is my 2nd highest score ever.

I have included a photo of the score from just before it clocked back to zero to show it was genuine. Also, the level (75) is on the bottom of the pic.

mrdo1015150.thumb.jpg.83d515d43b1a2682fc1d24767841bbfe.jpg870780991_mrdo994150.thumb.jpg.ddb562b5efe1534c3cf73ecbb078ec1c.jpg

Edited by bigredbird
said it was my highest ever...it's a close second.

Very happy with that one! That is my highest score ever.

I have included a photo of the score from just before it clocked back to zero to show it was genuine. Also, the level (75) is on the bottom of the pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83942[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83943[/ATTACH]

Wow that is awesome stop playing and go and play more AC/DC:D

edit never seen a Million on Mr Do! better check your emulator speeds :o:p:lol

Very happy with that one! That is my highest score ever.

That's a serious Mr. Do! score. Nice.

never seen a Million on Mr Do! better check your emulator speeds :o[emoji14][emoji38]

Really? I used to regularly get 1mill or more BITD and I saw a few others do so also.

You would not believe it looking at my scores now though. I still enjoy this classic even if it does frustrate me that my skills have declined so much. Looking forward to a few games when I get home. Bigredbird left a score on my cab that I may never beat, but I might give it a crack one day.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

And that's all she wrote. :lol

I'm guessing that Barra's got this one all sewn up now. :applause:

I'll be lucky to get 5 points on Mr Do. mate. I played about 5 games earlier and couldn't beat my score :lol

(and yes I did bow out in a fit of rage)