Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 6 - Exerion

MGL 26 - Game 6 - Exerion

Exerion is a vertical shoot 'em up with parallax effects and inertia simulation, something notable for it's time. You travel around strange scenarios shooting aliens. You have two types of guns: fast single shot (limited) or slow double shot (unlimited).

It was released by Jaleco in 1983 and licensed to Taito for distribution in the United States.

Details:

Rom:

exerion

Dips:

Lives: 3

Bonus Lives: 10,000

Difficulty: easy

Controls:

8 way joystick, 2 buttons (slow shot, fast shot)

Score submissions into this thread, first line listing your score and include the screenshot. Submit as many scores as you want. Scores will close at 19:00 hrs, Sydney time, Sunday 11 October 2015.

Edited by Fire_Power

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alot more games & finally got in the zone in this game, PB for me :)

Last played this last back in MGL 9, Still got my TROPHY kindly provided by DKong :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83405[/ATTACH]

oh cool! there used to be actual trophies?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

No idea what happened here but my habit of recording most games sometimes comes in handy.

Lost my 3rd life at 318,800 as in the screenshot. Still had 1 life left. Suddenly my score and the remaining life vanished and the game went to an empty high score table in attract mode. My game just vanished. Replayed the recording to get the screenshot.

A quick google search and it appears to be a random mame bug on this game. Someone had the same problems a few years ago submitting to tg.

I could almost smell 400K

Edit:

There's a note attached to the tg settings that states that there's a bug in wolf106 where the game ends when you die after the bonus round no matter how many lives you have left. That's well and good but I hadn't got to the bonus round. I'll change to another mame version and try again.

exerion.png.d93f88441ef81045d7aaa81d3654a079.png

Edited by RMacauley
added more info

No idea what happened here but my habit of recording most games sometimes comes in handy.

Lost my 3rd life at 318,800 as in the screenshot. Still had 1 life left. Suddenly my score and the remaining life vanished and the game went to an empty high score table in attract mode. My game just vanished. Replayed the recording to get the screenshot.

A quick google search and it appears to be a random mame bug on this game. Someone had the same problems a few years ago submitting to tg.

I could almost smell 400K

Edit:

There's a note attached to the tg settings that states that there's a bug in wolf106 where the game ends when you die after the bonus round no matter how many lives you have left. That's well and good but I hadn't got to the bonus round. I'll change to another mame version and try again.

It happened to me three times tonight using MAME 1.05, I used to play this on my vertical cab ( Think that was in MAME in .90 something) with no problem, had a best score of 831,000 but that PC died so just using the horizontal cab lately. So I kept hitting F12 whilst playing to grab a screenshot.

672,900 with 2 lives left. Might put in an older version and see what happens?

Edit : No dice just tried my .99 MAME set from the vertical cab in my horizontal cab and it happened again, as soon as I died after completing the bonus round.

exer0011.png.af832fc6682e597006519800fdb851b4.png

Edited by DKong

Great score Dkong! Might be worth getting a newer version of MAME as the problem seems to be fixed (not that I've made it to the bonus round haha)

Maybe there should be a kickstarter for you.... buy Barra a joystick. Wouldn't take long to hit goal funds

Hahaha I might just have to ask someone nicely this christmas ;)

Great score Dkong! Might be worth getting a newer version of MAME as the problem seems to be fixed (not that I've made it to the bonus round haha)

Hahaha I might just have to ask someone nicely this christmas ;)

Will do that have the 1.65 romset

So after taking @Barra advice dug up an old PC and video card and went to install the latest version of MAME to get the vertical cab up an running. Man what an exercise.

Went with groovymame and MALA and an ASUS Radeon 9200 video card I had lying around. Thought it would be a couple of hour project as I have done this before not to be!

It seems the new MAME.XML has changed every derivative from GAME to MACHINE which is about 70,000 odd thousand and all the FE's will not pick it up what a nightmare.

So using using a notepad app I was able to change the XML from machine to game still having issues with the crap ASUS Radeon 9200 so need to find a proper ATI 9200 or similar.

But can finally confirm no reset issues :D games look great except seem to be missing a colour? which I think is due to the ASUS card and my MALA menu displays the background fine but half the text is off the screen

just down to tweaking.

Any hints on MALA 1.74 menu on vertical would be appreciated especially CRT 15KHZ, maybe someones ini.

Exerion on!:D