No announcement yet.

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 2 - Roc 'n Rope

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

107 for me - I'm a dinosaur but couldn't be @rsed with updating for games I don't play. At the time it was, I think, the last out of the box to support hiscore and it had better graphics?

Comment

106 for me too. I've only used that version forever. It plays everything i want it to so don't need to update.

This is an awesome game though. first two games are both Ace

Comment

One cab on ver .92 and if I can't play a game on that swap to the other on ver .156

Comment

Must be a bug with 164...it resets for me too.

Comment

Don't remember much about this game from last time.

Comment

To confirm, the settings for this are noted as "repeat bonus on" meaning that every 40K a bonus player will be awarded. Is this intended? This is different than MGL 14 and TG settings where the repeat bonus was/is set to no. It doesn't really make a difference as to which setting is used really, though no repeat bonus seems a bit more sporting as it will result in lower high scores.

Cheers

Comment

Roc n Rope - Week 1 Score Update

Week 1 of this game draws to a close for all intrepid explorers.

Magrinder grinds away to lead early, but some bigger scores will be coming in I think.

We've had 11 players with 15 scores submitted upto post #36 .

Here's the leader table

Click image for larger version

Name:	G2W1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1809024

and confirming the dip settings in post #1 .
                Repeat bonus is ON as stated.

Comment

Ah memories. My first MGL aka leechfest 2012. Jammasized put us leechers back in our boxes on this game playing "as the manufacturer intended."

This will do for now
                  Attached Files

Comment

Its all coming back
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by magrinder View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]82376[/ATTACH]
                        Stage 4!!Well done, I am missing something. Hmmm
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                          Stage 4!!Well done, I am missing something. Hmmm
                          I'll say. Stage 5 score was 106k less - there are bonus points be had somewhere in this one that I'm obviously not aware of.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                          Ah memories. My first MGL aka leechfest 2012. Jammasized put us leechers back in our boxes on this game playing "as the manufacturer intended."

This will do for now
                          I don't remember any controversy over leeching in this game. What MGL was that? Can you leech on this game?

Comment

it is possible to leech. u can make enough points to get an extra man then die, and keep doing same level over and over. you would have to be good at it tho still

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
                              it is possible to leech. u can make enough points to get an extra man then die, and keep doing same level over and over. you would have to be good at it tho still

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
                              Oh. Well if that is possible, even if it is hard to do then I vote thumbs down to doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                                Oh. Well if that is possible, even if it is hard to do then I vote thumbs down to doing this.

I agree someone could play forever my 113,000 was on level 7 had to go back to MGL 13 to find the original Roc'n Rope thread and then did some investigating quote from Marpirc

"There is a spot on that level where you can stun a bunch of enemies in one spot and then grab the energizer to kill them. You have to die to repeat it, but since you get enough points to earn an extra life it could go on forever.

In all fairness to Sampras it actually looks like he's trying to finish the level each time after doing it, but doesn't.

If we wanted to continue competition on this game in a more traditional fashion, we could probably just set the dip switch to not grant the "repeat bonus".

There is an INP file floating about somewhere that shows how to do this but I have no idea how to watch them and have not seen it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X