VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 1 - Galaxian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FINISHED] MGL 26 - Game 1 - Galaxian

Game 1 in MGL 26 is <envelope unsealed, drum roll> Galaxian

You cannot start an Arcade Gaming competition with a more classic game than this.

Surely there is not a person on this forum who has not played this game - please, for the amazement of your mates, out yourself if there is such a person.

Released in 1979, a legendary single-screen shoot-em-up that took everything that made Taito's ground-breaking "Space Invaders" so good, and improved upon it on every level. Each screen starts with a wave of multi-coloured aliens moving left and right at the top of the screen; the aliens quickly break ranks and start dive-bombomg the player - either in single units or in groups of three - dropping multiple missiles as they descend. All of the aliens need to be destroyed before the player can progress to the next wave.

This was the first video game released with 100 percent of its graphics displayed in true R.G.B. color.

Details:

Rom:
    galaxian

Dips:
    Bonus Life = 7000
    Lives = 3

Controls:
    Left / Right joystick and one fire button.

Score submissions into this thread, first line listing your score and include the screenshot. Submit as many scores as you want. Scores will close at 19:00 hrs, Sydney time, Sunday 6 September 2015.

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.

I'll keep the cat in the bag about who nominated until after the final game of MGL26 so that people don't get carried away guessing what's upcoming and who's been ruled out of the next game selection. (Anyone claiming this as their idea, subliminally planted in my brain? ) All will be revealed at the comp end.

Good shooting defenders of the earth.
    Last edited by Fire_Power; 20 September 2015, 07:18 PM.

No it wasn't me......but I do hope to retain my crown on this one and smash my MGL high.....aiming for 100k and hoping none of the big boys rub my head in the dirt

Love this game, it really is a classic, I even have a small galaxian tattoo on my left arm that I got about 6 or 7 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
    Game 1 in MGL 26 is <envelope unsealed, drum roll> Galaxian

Lets follow the convention of previous MGLs and not publish any tips until the second week of gaming.
    LOL....yeah OK....will be interesting to see if anyone actually has any tips for this one in the second week.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Awesome. Cant wait to get stuck into this one

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

When is game 2 starting already?

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version

Name:	0004.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	1808815

Beat that bitches

Comment

Mmmmmm

Comment

Normally we get to see who nominated the game during this type of selection process - or is it different this time? EDIT: Just read the first post again, and we have to guess for now

Come on, fess up whoever nominated this piece of crap so that we can flame you - I'm looking at you [MENTION=9320]Barra[/MENTION] EDIT: After re-reading the first post, I'm still blaming this on Barra

I've had my one game and submission - I'll go to sleep shortly knowing I'm currently winning MGL 26 *HORRAY* Anyway, can't bring myself to play this game a 2nd time in a 24 hour period, so short of pulling out my finger nails with a pair of multi-grips I think I might relax with a nice game of Crush Roller

Comment

I don't think you can call yourself a classic retro arcade gamer anymore John73. You should go and calm yourself with a nice game of candy crush on your tablet casual gamer dude

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
              Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Link

pc parts arrived early
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                  I don't think you can call yourself a classic retro arcade gamer anymore John73. You should go and calm yourself with a nice game of candy crush on your tablet casual gamer dude

Agreed

I may or may not have nominated this

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Was nearly going to fire this up last week, hopefully get a few games in this afternoon. Excited now!
                    sigpic

Comment

Guys, I'm the knob that has never played this. So, thanks for nominating, I'm actually really enjoying it. Was absolutely horrible at first (couldn't break 1k for the life of me) but slowly getting the hang of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't wait for some week 2 tips ..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Does my cab need to be mamed to compete? [emoji13]
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440198557.081266.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	1808821

Comment

Originally posted by bondy View Post
                            Guys, I'm the knob
                            I'm guessing that is autocorrect for noob?

Comment

Link

new PB for me
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X