X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 25 - Game 8 ~ Super Pac-man ~ [FINISHED]

Which key ? which key? ?

MGL 25 ? Game 8 ~ Super Pac-man

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, it?s the OOO selection.

Current AA Champ of Super Pac-man: Never played before.

ROM: superpac.zip

Game Story:
    Pac-Man must eat keys to open doors which will allow him to eat fruits and prizes, not dots. Eating the Super Power Energizers increases Pac-Man's size and allows him to speed up. For the duration of this Super energizer, he can freely pass over ghosts, even if they are their original dangerous colours.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
    This game finishes Sunday 19 July 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game as a single player.

GAME 8 ? Why do these guys always want to chase you? ?

Final Results ...

Congratulations to CrazyKongFan for winning Game 8 ...

Last edited by OOO; 19th July 2015, 05:50 PM.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Nooooooo!

Comment

This is a cool game. Hurts my hand after a short while though. For some reason when I turn "Super" I tend to apply more pressure on the joystick. Probably because its harder to make precise turns when you're huge. Dunno.

Comment

First time ever playing this one. Sort of a bit like Pac & Pac/Pac-Man & Chomp Chomp

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1808151

Comment

Name:	supe0008.png
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	1808152
          sigpic

Comment

Name:	0002.png
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1808163

Yes, hard to control when there are so many open paths, unlike pac man where you can hold the direction of your turn several tiles ahead.

Comment

keyboard only attempt, may try this a bit more

Comment

This game reminds me of the Joysticks movie

Comment

I thought I'd played most varieties of Packman, but not this one.

Name:	superpac.png
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1808178

Comment

As with all my experiences with Pac-man games, he never seems to go in the direction you want him to.

Name:	26,830.png
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1808200
                    sigpic

Comment

Name:	superpac.png
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	1808201

I'd do alot better than that if I was using a real Midway joystick instead of my laptop keyboard I'm actually used to playing the Midway version at difficulty 8. You're also a little slower with super speed, which has advantages and disadvantages...makes it a bit easier to control, but you can clear more/eat more blue ghosts when you're faster, and get higher bonus on the bonus stages (about 4K if you do it right) Which reminds me...Since we can use either MAME or an arcade machine, are we allowed to use one of those multi board (like a 48-in-1 or it's later version 60-on-1, which are pretty much running an older version of MAME)? I'm pretty sure the 48-in-1 I have allows you to select either the Midway or Namco version. Then I could play it with a real Super Pac control panel (which was converted to Ms Pac at some point) in my Midway Gaplus cab (I have a JAMMA converter card for it that plugs right into the Gaplus harness). I'm sure I could easily double my score I just posted, especially at difficulty 0.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyKongFan View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80118[/ATTACH]

I'd do alot better than that if I was using a real Midway joystick instead of my laptop keyboard I'm actually used to playing the Midway version at difficulty 8. You're also a little slower with super speed, which has advantages and disadvantages...makes it a bit easier to control, but you can clear more/eat more blue ghosts when you're faster, and get higher bonus on the bonus stages (about 4K if you do it right) Which reminds me...Since we can use either MAME or an arcade machine, are we allowed to use one of those multi board (like a 48-in-1 or it's later version 60-on-1, which are pretty much running an older version of MAME)? I'm pretty sure the 48-in-1 I have allows you to select either the Midway or Namco version. Then I could play it with a real Super Pac control panel (which was converted to Ms Pac at some point) in my Midway Gaplus cab (I have a JAMMA converter card for it that plugs right into the Gaplus harness). I'm sure I could easily double my score I just posted, especially at difficulty 0.
                        As long as you play the game on the settings as per the first page of this thread, then you can use your cab, MAME or multi-board.

Originally posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
                        I'm sure I could easily double my score I just posted, especially at difficulty 0.
                        Well that's a lot of talking ... how about a score then! ...

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Comment

Way out of practice although Pac games usually carve me a new one.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	IMG_9883a.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1808209

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                            Well that's a lot of talking ... how about a score then! ...
                            ok, you asked for it Not quite double, but 100K over the previous score on my first attempt I think my top score on a Midway machine is around 250K or so. Also, anyone else who has a 48-in-1 or 60-in-1, there's 2 romsets in the dipswitch settings, set 1 is the Midway super speed, set 2 is the Namco super speed. I have most of the games on that board set to TG settings for practice, so I had to go in and change the romset and difficulty (was 8, but 0 for this competition). The lives and extra lives setting was already correct (3 and extras at 30K/100K) I've actually been wanting to get a Namco Super Pac board, as it'd be plug and play into my Gaplus cabinet (both use the Namco pinout). Midway redesigned the board to use headers instead of an edge connector for some odd reason.

Comment

This was double my previous best thanks to a couple of bonuses.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X