Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 25 - Game 7 ~ Mr Do's Castle ~ [FINISHED]

Out smart the opposition ?

MGL 25 ? Game 7 ~ Mr Do?s Castle

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MrDosCastleMGL25Settings_zpsmtpqjp0f.png

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, it?s the OOO selection.

Current AA Champ of Mr Do?s Castle: Never played before.

ROM: docastle.zip

Game Story:

Mr Do the clown, moves around six floors interconnected by ladders. Some of the ladders are fixed and some can be pushed left or right. Baddies look like unicorns. He has a hammer which can knock out floor stones. You work out the rest, good luck!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 12 July 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game as a single player. No pause or save states are allowed when submitting a score. No inps are required, just honest player scores with initials in the screenshot. You can only submit scores by playing the game during the tournament.

You can watch gaming streams, inps, YouTube videos, others play in the arcade and read guides to improve your game. Learn as fast as you want, you choose! No rules restrict or stop you learning as fast as you want and sharing tips. Save states cannot be used.

GAME 7 ? A tricky game ?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/FlyerMrDoUnicorn4_zpszx2djf4k.jpg

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MrDosCastle2Final_zps5gctktdz.png

Congratulations to bigredbird for winning Game 7 ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MrDosCastleMGL25Winner_zpsd05dmmus.png

:)

Edited by OOO

0000.png.18466465f2c458a479570eab263491be.png

First ever full game of this, I've loaded it up and stopped playing almost immediately before :D Still no idea what I'm doing, shouldn't be a half bad game as most of Universal's stuff has been pretty good that I'm aware of. The original Mr. Do! is probably the most popular of their titles, yet it's the one I don't like the most :D

First ever full game of this, I've loaded it up and stopped playing almost immediately before :D Still no idea what I'm doing, shouldn't be a half bad game as most of Universal's stuff has been pretty good that I'm aware of. The original Mr. Do! is probably the most popular of their titles, yet it's the one I don't like the most :D

I have done exactly the same. Tried it for 2 minutes then given up.

And I also agree. I loathe the original Mr. Do and any "invisible grid" type games. I expect a few people to disagree!

Still though, no doubt the MGL will make me play this. Part of the reason why I like this competition :)

- - - Updated - - -

22220. Killed a few enemies and got some items. :unsure

docastle.png.30eb578a2d88c5d81a84945067c92238.png

The Original Mr.Do! is a f^%kin classic, love it......most of the other Universal games although they have good strategy I just can't get into them.....oh wait up I do like Cosmic Monsters but it's not very original. I will look up a list of Universal games later I might actually like more of them.

I will give Castle a try, if I find time to learn it I might enjoy it.

The Original Mr.Do! is a f^%kin classic, love it......most of the other Universal games although they have good strategy I just can't get into them.....oh wait up I do like Cosmic Monsters but it's not very original. I will look up a list of Universal games later I might actually like more of them.

I will give Castle a try, if I find time to learn it I might enjoy it.

Did you not play in the MGL where Jumping Jack came up? Yeah it's a patternable game which I generally don't like - but I absolutely loved it. Mr Do's! Wild Ride is also fantastic too - but also paternable from what I know of it - though Barra did bring up a little bit of point pressing that you can do in it.

List of Universal games is here -> http://www.mamedb.com/manufacturer/Universal

- - - Updated - - -

Think we played Do! Run Run at some stage - possibly IGBY or Yolympics - that was a pretty average offering from Universal from memory.

Did you not play in the MGL where Jumping Jack came up? Yeah it's a patternable game which I generally don't like - but I absolutely loved it. Mr Do's! Wild Ride is also fantastic too - but also paternable from what I know of it - though Barra did bring up a little bit of point pressing that you can do in it.

Think we played Do! Run Run at some stage - possibly IGBY or Yolympics - that was a pretty average offering from Universal from memory.

Do! Run Run was last year's IGBY. Game seemed no different to Mr Do - to me anyway.

Don't want to go too much off topic but Wild Ride is only semi-patternable. Similar to DK Rivets, you can have a pattern in mind and a lot of the time it will work but you have to be able to recognise when it won't

As for Universal, they have some great games but also some absolute stinkers (IMO anyway). Space Panic, Cosmic Avenger, Zero Hour. Just to name a couple :)

Have played this in a tournament before but it's been a long time (2009). I'm thinking it's a little bit like Lode Runner in that there's a trick to each level to get extra points. I'm also not a fan of the original Mr. Do but remember liking this game.

As for Universal games, I enjoy Kick Rider, Space Raider and Snap Jack.

What do you want that one dip switch setting that isn't showing set to (advance level on getting D...)? I think it defaults to OFF. The only way to see it is to put the cursor over it. I think that's the one that clears the board if you get the diamond. (it does it in the other 3 Mr Do games)

What do you want that one dip switch setting that isn't showing set to (advance level on getting D...)? I think it defaults to OFF. The only way to see it is to put the cursor over it. I think that's the one that clears the board if you get the diamond. (it does it in the other 3 Mr Do games)

Yeah just leave it as off as far as I can tell. If I play in .106 I see the same as you and the screenshot that OOO posted in the first post. Playing .150 you can see everything clearly on the DIP screen and it is off by default.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79774[/ATTACH]

Picked up a free game diamond on this one and won a free game! Glad too as I was running low on quarters. Mostly though, I was more pleased to receive the 8K that came along with the gem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79788[/ATTACH]

If the last MGL was from the top 100 this MGL must be from the bottom 100?

Sorry to all the fans of Crush Roller, but if this was from the bottom 100 then Crush Roller and all clones would be in this MGL :P

What was Mr. Do! thinking when he swapped his trusty power ball for this stupid hammer?

I would smash these guys with a ball. This hammer is too heavy and I have to get in close combat with the enemy.

I have a lot of work to DO to get a good score on this one!

This game makes me love the original Mr. Do! even more.

I have a lot of work to DO to get a good score on this one!

If all the games were easy, they would be boring.

It's good to have something different and challenging.

Can you transfer those Mr Do skills to Mr Do's Castle? ...

How about a frying pan instead of a hammer ... :fryingpan:

This was at one my local arcades, I remember because the coin mech was dodgy & you could easily get free games with a length of wire. It wasnt there for long! Ive played it a few times but usually give up after a few games, glad its come up so I can give it a propper go...