MGL 25 - Game 5 ~ Congo Bongo ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Yes I've just tonight started a semester break and I don't want to play any of the games currently on offer. I've prescribed myself beer to fix that issue

Brad
    Well, Beer it is then !

Comment

Only had a couple of games of this so far, might try for a score tomorrow.

First I ever knew of this game was a screenshot in some gaming magazine back in the 80's for the C64 version - the graphics blew me away, still a fan of the isometric graphics to this day.

Puzzling though that the graphics in the game are so awesome for their time, yet the title/attract screen is so ugly and boring - wonder if the programmers ran out of money (or memory) to make something a bit more appealing.

Comment

This one feels like Lode Runner in 3D.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cong0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	1807697

Wanted to clear level 1 before I submitted a score. Finally managed to get past level 1, took awhile to figure out the end of board 1 on level 2 (after you slide down the ramp...he keeps sliding if you're not careful), and managed to get to board 3.

Comment

Used the keyboard for this one. Made an accidental discovery on the first screen for an extra 500 points. Hating the third screen.

Rage quit count is VERY high
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RMacauley; 14th June 2015, 10:01 AM. Reason: correcting score

Comment

While we're not supposed to offer game strategies for a week or so, my strategy is that I find I'm able to play exactly three games of this in row before any real serious anger sets in.

Comment

Congo Bongo update ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Name:	0004.png
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	1807727

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Comment

I can't get this to run - have grabbed a few differetn copies of the roms but always the same crash.

Anyone got any tips? Below is the screenshot of the crash and I'm running Mame V107

Name:	capture1.JPG
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1807733

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
                        I can't get this to run - have grabbed a few differetn copies of the roms but always the same crash.
                        Count yourself lucky that you can't play it

I doubt it's a ROM problem. It's complaining about a d3d setting, and with an access violation I would say it could be a video driver issue, maybe check that out and update your vid drivers, or have a look in your MAME.INI file and try changing around some of the direct3d settings.

Comment

Not sure if I'm going to play this one much.
                          Here is a score just to get on the board.

Name:	congobongo.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1807738
                          My Twitch stream - twitch.tv/bigredbird1

Comment

I think I can say without exaggeration that this is the most terrible, least playable game I've ever experienced. Like mussels with mussel sauce and a mussel soup entr?e.

Zaxxon Kong I call it.

Comment

Argh padawan you have much to learn, find the hidden challenge in every scene, only then will the true greatness of the almighty Congo Bongo be revealed
                              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Name:	cong0004.png
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	1807749

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X