Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 25 - Game 2 ~ Lode Runner ~ [FINISHED]

Escape Artist ?

MGL 25 ? Game 2 ~ Lode Runner

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LodeRunnerMGL25Settings_zpsu2lvmpps.png

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, it?s the OOO selection. More mayhem ? :stirthepot:

Current AA Champ of Lode Runner: Never played before. Try and get out of this one!

ROM: ldrun.zip

Game Story:

Your commando runs around a vertical maze of tunnels made of brick and dirt. Use your blaster to dig holes, collect gold nuggets, and escape to the next level.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 14 June 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game as a single player.

If you want to continue to learn how to get through the levels, no problem, but when you want to submit a score, no continues and must be from the beginning of the game ... :059:

GAME 2 ? Try and make it out EVERY time ?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/339000501_zpszsrtrlux.jpg

:026::026:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LodeRunner6Final_zpscxjc5bgg.png

Congratulations to Barra for winning Game 2.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LodeRunnerMGL25Winner_zpsmwfkyq1n.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not played either of these games so im going to be expanding my gaming knowledge. It's going to be a busy MGL for me......move house next week and then in 3 weeks off to the UK for a month. Will have to do some mobile play. Game on!

...move house next week and then in 3 weeks off to the UK for a month. Will have to do some mobile play. Game on!

Where you moving to?

Why UK for a month? ... What your family don't like you and shipped you out for punishment? ... :lol

And when you are in the UK, what gaming gear are you going to buy and bring back home? ... :busted:

:rolleyes

MGL 25 - Game 2 ~ Lode Runner

Moving to Warrandyte (Vic)....unfortunately the wife will doing a lot of the move as I'm in Brisbane working lol.

I moved to Aus 5 years back from the UK so this is our first trip back to see some friends, family and a little sight seeing. My youngest has never been to the UK and my 7 year old cannot remember it at all.

Hoping to pop in to the "heart of gaming" arcade in Solo to see what it's like.

Should have put off the UK trip for another month or so and you could maybe drop in to Lord's and watch the English team cop a flogging in the ashes :D

Wasted on me John.....I don't follow that bat n ball. :) (bet that's what all the Poms say lol)

played a lot of this game on the Apple II, never on the arcade so this should be good.

Yes should be good ... this game will keep everybody busy way past the deadline ... very challenging ...

And wow, Apple II with a floppy drive for memory, no hard drive?

Hoping to pop in to the "heart of gaming" arcade in Solo to see what it's like.

Don't forget to take plenty of photos of the arcades in Solo and post them here.

We need to check out how much fun you really did have! ... :popcorn:

Did I play this on the VIC20 or the C64? Or both?

God I sound old

You're not that old. I remember playing board games before the computers came out ... gosh even before Space Invaders ... even before LED lights on pinball ... gosh the mechanical games! ... :guru:

Apple II for me too, this got a flogging in my high school apple labs. That and sneakers. Later on the C64 too. Excellent game with heaps of strategy as you progress. Awesome selection :)

Apple II for me too, this got a flogging in my high school apple labs. That and sneakers. Later on the C64 too. Excellent game with heaps of strategy as you progress. Awesome selection :)

Ahhh the Apple II. Wasn't that the one with the 5? drive where you could clip the disk and make them double sided? or if you were very careful you could use scissors and do it? Or maybe it was an Apple IIe

I remember playing on them early in the morning before school started and if we got caught playing games like Summer Games or Carmen Sandiego we would get the disk confiscated :lol 5? disks were not cheap back then :D

Ahhh the Apple II. Wasn't that the one with the 5? drive where you could clip the disk and make them double sided? or if you were very careful you could use scissors and do it? Or maybe it was an Apple IIe

I remember playing on them early in the morning before school started and if we got caught playing games like Summer Games or Carmen Sandiego we would get the disk confiscated :lol 5? disks were not cheap back then :D

Yep the same. Not sure if we had the II or the IIe. I went to a public school so maybe the II ;)

A mate of mine back then was so addicted to playing games on those green monochrome screens he broke into the school on a weekend just to play games. Cops let him off as the school didn't press a charge. He wasn't allowed to book the computers over recess or lunch for 3 months as punishment and it really got to him. ... Poor guy.

Funny the things gaming can make you remember.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78343[/ATTACH]

Thought I'd get a score up.

I had to play a few games to work out what I was doing. First of all I thought I had collected everything and couldn't work out how to leave a level, then I couldn't work out how to get to one of the gold things in the next level.... slowly working it out, but I find it very frustrating so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78343[/ATTACH]

Thought I'd get a score up.

I had to play a few games to work out what I was doing. First of all I thought I had collected everything and couldn't work out how to leave a level, then I couldn't work out how to get to one of the gold things in the next level.... slowly working it out, but I find it very frustrating so far.

Gee it's only the first few hours ... and you are doing fine ... you'll work it out ... :026:

• Administrators
Did I play this on the VIC20 or the C64? Or both?

God I sound old

I played this on the Apple II, Vic 20, C64, Amiga and the arcades. From memory it might even have had an Atari 2600 port. It was wildly popular. I vividly remember playing it upstairs at Westworld on a cocktail machine whenever I visited. Great game but bloody hard.

Brad

Yep the same. Not sure if we had the II or the IIe. I went to a public school so maybe the II ;)

Funny the things gaming can make you remember.

Not sure how old you are, a good guess at my birth year would be 1973 ;)

I only attended a year and a bit of private school in Victoria, so I think that would have been 1986 and 1987. We had a think from memory 2 x Apple II computers, pretty sure the screens were monochrome though even though the school had oodles of money.

We did have a computer lab, and from memory it was fill with a mix of TRS-80s and they also had Unix terminals. I don't think you got to use the computers for classes until maybe year 9 or 10, so I only ever used them briefly during lunch breaks if it was raining. I do remember playing a little bit of this game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_%28video_game%29 on the unix terminals, but I wasn't a big D&D fan so never go that excited by it :D

Yep, funny indeed what it makes you remember.