X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 24 - Game 6 ~ Hyper Olympic ~ [FINISHED]

Athletic heaven ?

MGL 24 ? Game 6 ~ Hyper Olympic

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, just a random draw from a world famous list ...

Current AA Champ of Hyper Olympic: Jammasized 4,291,670

ROM: hyprolym.zip

Game Story:
    Compete against other players in various Olympic events. Press the buttons as fast as possible to run faster. Use the action button to throw, jump, etc.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
    This game finishes Sunday 12 April 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Tool usage of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted, only bare skin on controls is allowed.
    The buttons must be used for running, not the joystick. No mouse or joystick can be used. No cheating thanks everyone ...

GAME 6 ? On your marks ... get set ?

Final Results ...

Congratulations to Jammasized for winning Game 6.

Last edited by OOO; 12th April 2015, 09:07 PM.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Lol
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Note in the game story it says press the buttons as fast as you can. It does not say slap your knob or waggle your joystick.
      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        Note in the game story it says press the buttons as fast as you can. It does not say slap your knob or waggle your joystick.
        Yeah, I was gunna say, should we make it 'no joysticks' this time and maybe one time through only?

Comment

We need it in writing, in the rules in the first post right up front in BOLD (apart from the game story that Rat's already pointed out) if it's buttons only or joystickgate 2. I created a monster last time and would rather sit this game out than go through that again.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
            We need it in writing, in the rules in the first post right up front in BOLD (apart from the game story that Rat's already pointed out) if it's buttons only or joystickgate 2. I created a monster last time and would rather sit this game out than go through that again.

Just my $0.02
            Just read MGL 15 when it was last played. John73 posted "Tool usage of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted, only bare skin on controls is allowed".
            However reading what you guys have posted, do you mean that you could map the joystick to be like the 2 x run buttons and cheat?

The setup needs to be like the arcade machine, buttons for running only, and no devices/tools used on the buttons - your fingers only!
            Forcing a stop to the game is not in the spirit of the MGL or what was played previously. Yes there will be high scores, but that is what gaming is about.
            I'll post on the rules ... thanks guys ...

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Comment

I used to love playing this BITD with a mate at the arcades.
              sigpic

Comment

My dad had "Track and Field" on site at Rooty Hill RSL back in the 80's.

He tells us it used to take $500 plus a week! That's a lot of 20 cent coins!

Apparently, this was the highest earning machine he owned.

Comment

Just had a look for theme artwork and video snap for my Hyperspin, couldn't find any.
                  Might have to try and edit a Tack and Field theme set.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mark68 View Post
                    I used to love playing this BITD with a mate at the arcades.
                    OK so who was better BITD, as I guess it was you vs your mate? ...

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                      OK so who was better BITD, as I guess it was you vs your mate? ...
                      It was a pretty close competition most times. About 50/50 I guess.
                      It was a long time ago, and it's hard to remember.
                      But it was always more fun to compete against a friend that the CPU.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mark68 View Post
                        Just had a look for theme artwork and video snap for my Hyperspin, couldn't find any.
                        Might have to try and edit a Tack and Field theme set.
                        If you do one, any chance of sharing it? I was going to do one too but if you do one I'll scab yours if you don't mind

I have noticed that after putting Hyper Olympics onto the wheel, it has Wheel Art for Hyper Olympics but shows the Track and Field theme. A purpose built theme would be nicer though.

Comment

Score on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just getting a score up... I hope to beat this but my fingers and elbows are already sore

- - - Updated - - -

So that is two games and both times I have gotten stuck at the Long Jump after getting through all events once. The qualify on the second round is achievable as I have jumped further during the first round but I don't seem to be able to get it when it matters.

Comment

The whole controversy over this game last time it came up was after I think Rob mentioned about using a Joystick (left/right waggle) to run. From memory, I checked out KLOV and did indeed find out that variations of this game came out where a joystick was used for the running action. BITD, the only variation of this game I ever played was buttons only.

No fear from me on this one, my MAME machine is in disrepair - you are bugger all chance of winning this game playing on keyboard

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X