Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 24 - Game 6 ~ Hyper Olympic ~ [FINISHED]

Athletic heaven ?

MGL 24 ? Game 6 ~ Hyper Olympic

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/HyperOlympicMGL24_1_zps4mfd0tvs.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/HyperOlympicMGL24Settings_zpsmupcey52.png

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, just a random draw from a world famous list ... :stirthepot:

Current AA Champ of Hyper Olympic: Jammasized 4,291,670

ROM: hyprolym.zip

Game Story:

Compete against other players in various Olympic events. Press the buttons as fast as possible to run faster. Use the action button to throw, jump, etc.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 12 April 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Tool usage of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted, only bare skin on controls is allowed.

The buttons must be used for running, not the joystick. No mouse or joystick can be used. No cheating thanks everyone ... :)

GAME 6 ? On your marks ... get set ?

:026::026::026::026::026::026:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/HyperOlympic4Final_zpsdgzqvgl6.png

Congratulations to Jammasized for winning Game 6.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/HyperOlympicMGL24Winner_zpsrx4ijn8u.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note in the game story it says press the buttons as fast as you can. It does not say slap your knob or waggle your joystick.

Yeah, I was gunna say, should we make it 'no joysticks' this time and maybe one time through only?

We need it in writing, in the rules in the first post right up front in BOLD (apart from the game story that Rat's already pointed out) if it's buttons only or joystickgate 2. I created a monster last time and would rather sit this game out than go through that again.

Just my $0.02

We need it in writing, in the rules in the first post right up front in BOLD (apart from the game story that Rat's already pointed out) if it's buttons only or joystickgate 2. I created a monster last time and would rather sit this game out than go through that again.

Just my $0.02

Just read MGL 15 when it was last played. John73 posted "Tool usage of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted, only bare skin on controls is allowed".

However reading what you guys have posted, do you mean that you could map the joystick to be like the 2 x run buttons and cheat?

The setup needs to be like the arcade machine, buttons for running only, and no devices/tools used on the buttons - your fingers only!

Forcing a stop to the game is not in the spirit of the MGL or what was played previously. Yes there will be high scores, but that is what gaming is about.

I'll post on the rules ... thanks guys ... :)

OK so who was better BITD, as I guess it was you vs your mate? ... :024:

It was a pretty close competition most times. About 50/50 I guess.

It was a long time ago, and it's hard to remember. <_<

But it was always more fun to compete against a friend that the CPU. :)

Just had a look for theme artwork and video snap for my Hyperspin, couldn't find any.

Might have to try and edit a Tack and Field theme set. :unsure

If you do one, any chance of sharing it? I was going to do one too but if you do one I'll scab yours if you don't mind ;)

I have noticed that after putting Hyper Olympics onto the wheel, it has Wheel Art for Hyper Olympics but shows the Track and Field theme. A purpose built theme would be nicer though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76183[/ATTACH]

Just getting a score up... I hope to beat this but my fingers and elbows are already sore :lol

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76184[/ATTACH]

So that is two games and both times I have gotten stuck at the Long Jump after getting through all events once. The qualify on the second round is achievable as I have jumped further during the first round but I don't seem to be able to get it when it matters.

The whole controversy over this game last time it came up was after I think Rob mentioned about using a Joystick (left/right waggle) to run. From memory, I checked out KLOV and did indeed find out that variations of this game came out where a joystick was used for the running action. BITD, the only variation of this game I ever played was buttons only.

No fear from me on this one, my MAME machine is in disrepair - you are bugger all chance of winning this game playing on keyboard :(

...you are bugger all chance of winning this game playing on keyboard :(

Ha yeah exactly what I thought. My old man and I used to play this a lot on keyboard, it was one of the first MAME games I ever played. Should be good fun! Will be hard pressed to keep up with the guys with real buttons

Are we doing 1 round only or just go as long as you can?

Are we doing 1 round only or just go as long as you can?

After MGL15, I think we said that if Hyper Olympics came up again, we would play one round only. I'll leave that decision up to OOO (or majority vote?) though. Like I've said, no access to a cab for me, so no playing for 6 hours this time. The game does have the potential to be marathoned, and one person doing this will essentially make almost every other score worthless.

Just my 2 cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Another question: Are we allowed to use a mouse? Its still buttons and button mashing, just more comfortable than the keyboard. Thanks

Never thought of using a mouse button... interesting. I'll give both that and the keyboard a go and see what works best. No idea if a mouse button should be allowed on this one, will leave that up to others to decide.

something wacky going on with my .150 ROM - gets to this point in the long jump and jumps every time :confused:

0001.png.7563b9852a54b2945071ddb8dd9be28b.png

- - - Updated - - -

something wacky going on with my .150 ROM - gets to this point in the long jump and jumps every time :confused:

0001.png.7563b9852a54b2945071ddb8dd9be28b.png

Problem fixed. I assumed buttons 1 and 2 were run and button 3 was jump/throw :lol

hyprolym.png.00fcd42a22ec931993ee20d272ad0923.png

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaa :D

No electric toothbrushes with a peg on the end... no pokie coin containers, or waggling of big red knobs...:) just good old happy slapping, the way it was BITD. Thanks to Dragonlee my Upright is back in action with a couple MCA's to replace the clapped out old Sanwas.

personally, I don't mind a bit if you want to trash my current MGL High Score for this and replace it with whoever wins the happy-slapping comp this time round. TBH this game wasn't much of a challenge using a joystick, just a test of endurance and who rusted first.

Just noticed I did this on "normal" not "easy" - anyone know the difference? I think it must be qualifying times/distances required. This score was on .150, must have updated the default DIPs sometime between .106 and .150

0002.png.151ea613d0116a4e6597155175e2433e.png

EDIT: Didn't realise the fail screen didn't show final score. Ignore this one, I'm sure I can equal it - but don't think I have ever passed long jump 2nd time around using keyboard.

0003.png.eb01cf4ce69d3f384afcd5cebb9a4b8e.png

Forgot HO saves scores, correct score from last game.

Diff between difficulty seems to be qualification times/distance for round one only - round 2, drops straight down to 10.50 for the 100m which I've only managed once on kb.