X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 24 - Game 5 ~ Gorf ~ [FINISHED]

Extra-terrestrial harassment ?

MGL 24 ? Game 5 ~ Gorf

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, just a random draw from a world famous list ?

Current AA Champ of Gorf: Never played before in the MGL!

ROM: gorf.zip

Game Story:
    The player controls a spaceship that must blast its way through several missions, each a different challenge. The game features a robotic speech synthesis that heckles the player during game play. You know, a bit like your partner. The player's spaceship is equipped with a Quark Laser. This allows the player to cancel a poorly aimed shot and fire another shot.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
    This game finishes Sunday 5 April 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.
    No cheats are allowed. One credit only for 3 ships per game. 2 credits for 6 ships per game is NOT allowed.

GAME 5 ? Extreme alien invasion ?

Final Results ...

Congratulations to Brad for winning Game 5.

Last edited by OOO; 5th April 2015, 05:20 PM.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Cool. Another game I've wanted to play for a while but never gotten around to it. Should be a good challenge

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Rather difficult this one...

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
        Rather difficult this one...
        Yes ... well done Space Captain!
        Are there any Space Colonels out there?

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Comment

Just had a few goes and could only manage ~5k. Now I've realised you can move UP

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gorf 19200.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	1806507
            Last edited by camaro; 19th March 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barra View Post
              Just had a few goes and could only manage ~5k. Now I've realised you can move UP
              If I hadn't read this post prior to playing I wouldn't have understood it at all. I lost my first two lives and then remembered reading the post, then I scores 6k without realising that moving forward while shooting made the bullets shoot further, now I have worked that out... well my score went backwards.

This game hurts my eyes on level one and I can barely see the orange bullets coming at me.

Comment

remember the name, don't think ive ever played it.

had a quick look and got to the warp level , which reminded me of gyrus, a few of the levels reminded me of other games.

pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
                ...without realising that moving forward while shooting made the bullets shoot further, now I have worked that out...
                They seem to go further if you don't shoot again

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink View Post
                  They seem to go further if you don't shoot again
                  I thought it was because I was holding the fire button down.

Here's my opener, never seen or heard of this one before.
                  The first round is a pain, especially with my ageing eyesight.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1806511

Edit, must have got a bonus 100 after I died and hit the F12 key - scoreboard says 2,860 but this screen shot shows 2,760

First impressions: What a horrible game

Comment

For some strange reason I played a bit of this last year, it's a real jack of all trades master of none, manages to stuff up a number of classics rolled into one. But somehow the horrible speech and wonder of what would happen next (not much) suckered me into playing more than once, in fact I probably played a couple of sessions of about 5 games each time. That was just enough to keep it in my favourites list, and the fact I couldn't be bothered editing it back out
                      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Does this game play glacially slowly or do I have some problem with my setup?

Comment

It's an old old classic. Shit game but still a classic.

I know on older mame rigs Gorf ran like shit. From memory it was CPU emulation or something possibly audio although samples were used for years

Cheers,
                          Brad
                          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I'm actually liking this game quite a bit, most epic boss explosion ever!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X