Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 24 - Game 5 ~ Gorf ~ [FINISHED]

Extra-terrestrial harassment ?

MGL 24 ? Game 5 ~ Gorf

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GorfMGL24Settings_zpszzsqv3yf.png

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, just a random draw from a world famous list ? :stirthepot:

Current AA Champ of Gorf: Never played before in the MGL!

ROM: gorf.zip

Game Story:

The player controls a spaceship that must blast its way through several missions, each a different challenge. The game features a robotic speech synthesis that heckles the player during game play. You know, a bit like your partner. The player's spaceship is equipped with a Quark Laser. This allows the player to cancel a poorly aimed shot and fire another shot.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GorfMGL24_1_zpssbpcfv22.jpg

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 5 April 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

No cheats are allowed. One credit only for 3 ships per game. 2 credits for 6 ships per game is NOT allowed.

GAME 5 ? Extreme alien invasion ?

:alienabduction::alienabduction::alienabduction::alienabduction::alienabduction:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Gorf5Final_zps6ns4h7en.png

Congratulations to Brad for winning Game 5.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GorfMGL24Winner_zpstii7dkzp.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a few goes and could only manage ~5k. Now I've realised you can move UP

:lol

If I hadn't read this post prior to playing I wouldn't have understood it at all. I lost my first two lives and then remembered reading the post, then I scores 6k without realising that moving forward while shooting made the bullets shoot further, now I have worked that out... well my score went backwards.

This game hurts my eyes on level one and I can barely see the orange bullets coming at me.

remember the name, don't think ive ever played it.

had a quick look and got to the warp level , which reminded me of gyrus, a few of the levels reminded me of other games.

pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

...without realising that moving forward while shooting made the bullets shoot further, now I have worked that out...

They seem to go further if you don't shoot again ;)

They seem to go further if you don't shoot again ;)

I thought it was because I was holding the fire button down. :rolleyes

Here's my opener, never seen or heard of this one before.

The first round is a pain, especially with my ageing eyesight. :101:

1744896255_gorf4200.png.4051d37df20b01029e64529c945f3ff2.png

For some strange reason I played a bit of this last year, it's a real jack of all trades master of none, manages to stuff up a number of classics rolled into one. But somehow the horrible speech and wonder of what would happen next (not much) suckered me into playing more than once, in fact I probably played a couple of sessions of about 5 games each time. That was just enough to keep it in my favourites list, and the fact I couldn't be bothered editing it back out :)

• Administrators

It's an old old classic. Shit game but still a classic.

I know on older mame rigs Gorf ran like shit. From memory it was CPU emulation or something possibly audio although samples were used for years

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators

LOL well I'm officially an idiot. For some reason on the warp stage I thought the lines killed you. I seem to recall that in another game. Just discovered that they don't. Prepare for better scores!

Cheers,

Brad

LOL well I'm officially an idiot. For some reason on the warp stage I thought the lines killed you. I seem to recall that in another game. Just discovered that they don't. Prepare for better scores!

Cheers,

Brad

lol I was having a couple of games at @Rat 's last night and did the exact same thing he sort of mused umm you don't have to dodge the red lines!

• Super Moderator

It's an old old classic. Shit game but still a classic.

I know on older mame rigs Gorf ran like shit. From memory it was CPU emulation or something possibly audio although samples were used for years

Cheers,

Brad

I'm on 106 and the slow down on the Galaxian screen is horrendous :069:

Oh, hello MGL :039:

gorf0001.png.2e00fe19fd0daca7f02e3b77e12dc285.png