Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 24 - Game 4 ~ Ms Pacman ~ [FINISHED]

Blink and you?re gone ?

MGL 24 ? Game 4 ~ Ms Pacman

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MsPacmanMGL24Settings_zpsce5i9kyf.png

Nominated by AA legends: No legends were asked, just a random draw from a world famous list ? :stirthepot:

Current AA Champ of Ms Pacman: OOO 82,660

ROM: mspacman.zip

Game Story:

It?s 1981 ... Ms. Pac-Man must eat all of the dots in a maze in order to advance to the next stage. She's chased by killer ghosts but she can eat them while powered up after eating one of four large dots. Bonus points are awarded for eating the fruits and snacks that appear and wander in the maze.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 29 March 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

No cheats are allowed.

GAME 4 ? Deadly ghosts in challenging mazes ?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/tumblr_MsPacman_zpsdp05zzkb.png

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MsPacman5Final_zpsfrdjgikn.png

Congratulations to OOO for winning Game 4.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MsPacmanMGL24Winner_zpscn0yasf0.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never really got into PacMan and such in the arcades.

I did have a PacMan type game on my Amiga 500, I liked that one. Really fast with great controls.

So here's my opening score.

1391814606_mspacman17110.png.e6d9a56052961f6b9a7df550bec201e9.png

Cool, only ever played the original BITD.

A mid week release?

Mixing it up a bit @OOO, not waiting for Friday?

With all the connection problems with AA over the last few days and the uncertainty with getting access to this site, I figured I would launch earlier just in case AA is down over Thursday or Friday this week.

Even with the site down we can still play, so released earlier so this could happen just in case. (I could not log on for two days this week and then another day.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75649[/ATTACH]

Never played this one back in the day, I remember on the Atari 2600 that this was considered better than Pacman although I never had it (but I think I do now). Have played just the one game of it so far, hopefully I can improve on this score.

Spent 3hrs totally pulling apart my 9yr old PC that I have my vert cab running on........sort of like the shovel with three different handles and two spades......but really it is mostly original with only one HDD change and a new Video card for Calamity's drivers.

Anyway I spread it all over the floor....even taking the PSU apart and I was going give it a good clean and replace every fan, but it seems the fans are "out of fashion" the small 40mm fans on the MB cost $20 and the 80mm were the same. So I only bought one fan and that was for the PSU.....the funny nerd at the shop said people don't replace PSU fans it's better to buy a new PSU. I said here is my fan.....banter from him about being careful.....me laughing about being wreckless.....went home with cider and put it all back, cleaned and lubed my other fans, and she purs again instead of groaning. I had to cut off the new and join the old plug on the fan so it work and then I had sync issues on start up and had to reset my boot res by connecting my old CRT PC monitor, I dunno what I would do without that, the future is looking harder and harder. Oh well still running 30 year old hardware in some of my cabs, perhaps I will be fuc^ed before the cabs are :)

So after all that I had a game and beat my recent PB on my cab and came here to find it is not really a big score :)

http://i.imgur.com/2KJSpidl.jpg

LOL.....looking at that pic and realising I am actually eating pretzels right now while having a wine :)

Freestylin'

Just as well, since there are no patterns for this game. They made sure that all the Pac-man players couldn't use their patterns.

The version we are playing is the Bally Midway version which is harder than the Namco jap version. Ghosts start random each frame, so pattern makers will have a ... :cry

You can watch as much MARP as you want, this is a tough egg!

PS: Barra you scored 441,120 on Pac-man in the Yolympics, maybe with patterns. This game is a crusher!

Just as well, since there are no patterns for this game. They made sure that all the Pac-man players couldn't use their patterns.

The version we are playing is the Bally Midway version which is harder than the Namco jap version. Ghosts start random each frame, so pattern makers will have a ... :cry

Namco jap version? Which romset is that? I didn't think there was one, as Midway released this game themselves. Jr Pac-Man is better yet...no patterns, and no random fruit (you always get 5000 point mugs from board 7 on).

Namco jap version? Which romset is that? I didn't think there was one, as Midway released this game themselves.

Just checking now and I could not find the NAMCO version in MAME. So it looks like it is not available.

However if you play the NAMCO version on console, and if my memory is correct, you will find they start as a pattern, the monsters break out to their corners like the original Pac-man at times and the monsters don't like to follow you into the tunnels as much, making it a lot easier. And if my memory is again correct, I used to play this version of Ms Pacman on the Namco Museum Volume 3 for PS1.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Namcomuseum_Vol_3_PAL_2_zpsty7g7iql.jpg

So bottom line if you lived in Japan BITD, I do not think they would see a MIDWAY logo and they may not have played the exact same code from General Computer, as the console version suggests.

General Computer you say? ... I like to share great stories, and if you are up to it, watch this really fascinating presentation from Steve Golson on the controversial creation of Ms Pacman and the gaming industry BITD ... who you say? ... just watch ... grab a meal as it goes for a while ...

Jr Pac-Man is better yet...no patterns, and no random fruit (you always get 5000 point mugs from board 7 on).

Jr Pac-Man is also a great game , never played in the MGL before either ... :rolleyes

I wonder what's harder in bonus points, a game that always gives 5,000 from board 7 on, or a game that gives you a lucky dip 100, 200, 500, 700, 1000, 2000 , 5000?

For the purists, you want a consistent 5000, however for the tough nuts it's random and on average much less. Lucky fruit ... maybe!

And come on Mr Fan, lets have that eulogy paragraph ... time's a ticking ... :026: ... and how about a better Donkey Kong Junior score ... what's happening? ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif