Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 23 - Game 6 ~ Wizard of Wor ~ [FINISHED]

Sheer terror … just listen …

MGL 23 – Game 6 ~ Wizard of Wor

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/FlyerMGL23WOW1_zps5c47a509.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/WOWMGL23settings_zpseb690217.png.html][/URL]

Nominated by AA legends: bondy and rusty_dagger

Current AA Champ of Wizard of Wor: Never played before … how good can you get?

ROM: WOW.zip
    Please note you can download the sound samples so you can hear this game as it is meant to be played from Twisty’s - Older Samples - http://samples.mameworld.info/

Game Story:
    The player moves around a variety of line-drawn mazes shooting the creatures that wander within. Eliminating all of the monsters will advance the player to the next level. Creatures called Worluks and the Wizard of Wor himself will occasionally appear and these can be shot for bonus points.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
    This game finishes Sunday 11 January 2015, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. 3 lives for 1 credit are to be played.

GAME 6 … Can you survive the dungeons? … hahahaha

Final Results ...

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/WOW3Final_zps02b6fb45.png.html][/URL]

Congratulations to buzzbee for winning Game 6.

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/WOWMGL23Winner_zps47cbdf8c.png.html][/URL]

Last edited by OOO; 11 January 2015, 09:00 PM.
    MGLXLVI - Neon Arcade - on now!
    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2179564

What an intense game!

10,000'ish so far.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	1805096

Yet another game I've never heard of before.

Comment

Haven't played this in a long time. It was in a TG decathlon about 10 years ago and my score wasn't much better then.

The 2 player 3 life record on the arcade version (1.3M) was set during my first trip to Funspot in 2002. (Oh no not another bloody Funspot story. Give it a rest already fer Christ sake.)
        I walked around a corner after watching the WR get smashed on Burgertime to see a crowd 4 to 5 deep around Wizard of Wor. Would've been at least 30 people stood watching but you could've heard a pin drop. They came, they set the record and I don't think they ever returned.
        Attached Files

Comment

Is it just me or does this game seem to be Berzerk with Wizards? Never played it before so I could be just going off appearance only

Comment

Played a load of this on the C64. Much fun in 2 player mode.

Attached Files
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Name:	wow0004.png
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1805100
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Crazy game...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../wow_26400.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Played a load of this on the C64.
                  Some played on the CBS ... ...

... and even on this platform, even John Madden says it was tough, or your money back in 3 days!

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                  The 2 player 3 life record on the arcade version (1.3M) was set during my first trip to Funspot in 2002.
                  Oh ... so what is this about then? ...

MGLXLVI - Neon Arcade - on now!
                  https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2179564

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                    Oh ... so what is this about then? ...

OK I did vaguely recall it being a Father and Son team that held the record. The date is wrong as per the TG database but I'm 100% sure this was done at Funspot on day 2 of the 2002 tournament which was May 31st. Google Wizard of Wor world record and you will find a post on the old TG from Robert Mruczek about the single player record being beaten that mentions him seeing the end of the 2 player record. That's because it was done live. If it was on tape he would've either seen none of it or the whole thing.

Cut and paste from the TG website:

[Points [2 Player Team, 3 Lives]

Rules
                    Dip Switch Bank:
                    1-4 = OFF
                    5 = ON
                    6-8 = OFFNote: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title;1 Credit = 3 Worriors, 2 Credit = 7 WorriorsBonus Worrior After Third DungeonSpecial Rules: This is a 2 Player ONLY Variation. Both players must start at the SAME time! The record is the sum of the 2 scores upon game completion.

Scores
                    Search Per Page
                    Rank Points Percent Player Date Verified Verification Method
                    1 1,303,300 100.00% John Thomas & Josh Powell 2002-06-02 Referee
                    2 801,000 61.00% D. Bauer & Mike McGee 1983-02-18 Referee
                    3 596,100 46.00% Larry Whitten & Josh Powell 2002-06-02 Referee
                    4 347,200 27.00% Larry Whitten & Mark Soileau 2002-06-02 Referee
                    5 149,500 11.00% David Nelson & Donald Hayes 2006-06-23 Referee
                    6 100,700 8.00% David Nelson & Jason Cram 2005-10-23 Referee

Wizard of Wor [Points [2 Player Team, 7 Lives]]

Rules
                    Dip Switch Bank:
                    1-4 = OFF
                    5 = ON
                    6-8 = OFFNote: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title;1 Credit = 3 Worriors, 2 Credit = 7 WorriorsBonus Worrior After Third DungeonSpecial Rules: This is a 2 Player ONLY Variation. Both players must start at the SAME time! The record is the sum of the 2 scores upon game completion. Both Players must use 2 Credits each to start with the required 7 lives. Failure to do so will disqualify the attempt.

Scores
                    Search Per Page
                    Rank Points Percent Player Date Verified Verification Method
                    1 1,398,500 100.00% John Thomas & Josh Powell 2002-06-02 Referee

That being said I may have seen the 7 life record but both were done on the same day as far as I know.

Comment

One day I would like to try to inspire my son Ollie to get the Space Dual two player record with me............but I'm not sure if I should show him the above video come on Ollie lets do this "it's quite a thing"
                      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Attached Files
                        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Name:	13400.png
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	1805121
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          Old enough to know better......Too old to care!
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            One day I would like to try to inspire my son Ollie to get the Space Dual two player record with me............but I'm not sure if I should show him the above video come on Ollie lets do this "it's quite a thing"

One day I would like to see you go hard on the MGL as much as you talk about yourself
                            sigpic

Comment

In the new year I will be regaining some lost fitness and shedding kilos so I will have even less time to play MGL than I do now, also I got a Wii-U for Ollie for Xmas with MarioKart8 and my Xmas pres was Super Mario 3D World and we are enjoying playing both of those although he smashes me at MarioKart. 3D world is great fun and the first video game that we have really got into as a Co-Op team so that's great

I still enjoy the MGL as an inspiration for firing up a few games on my cabs and had a game of Green Beret on Monday and nearly completed the 3rd round, I might get to do that this arvo after my ride and before we go bush for NYE. I will have time to drop in for a chat about the games here and to have a bash at them and share my thoughts, but generally I won't have large blocks of hours to dedicate to pursuing the high scores. I hope that doesn't annoy you too much Dkong

Check out Super Mario 3D World it's cool

Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X