Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 23 - Game 4 ~ Rampage ~ [FINISHED]

Demolition Frenzy…

MGL 23 – Game 4 ~ Rampage

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/RampageFlyerforMGL_zpsba8825b1.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/RampageSettings_zpsbe050f20.png

Nominated by AA legends: John73 and rusty_dagger

Current AA Champ of Rampage: Never played before … who’s the best pounder?

ROM: rampage.zip (revision 3)

Game Story:

The players move from city to city destroying skyscrapers and various vehicles and eating people that get in the way. Health is awarded at startup and is decreased by being shot by National Guardsmen, being hit by another monster, falling, being hit by cops or tanks, going underwater, being struck by lightning or by eating something bad like dynamite. Health is replenished by eating food found in the buildings. Once all buildings in a city have been destroyed, the monsters move onto another city.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 28 December 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 4 … Hard Hat Time …

:diespam: :diespam: :diespam: :diespam:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Rampage4Final_zps25fccd94.png

Congratulations to outrun86 for winning Game 4.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/RampageMGL23Winner_zps7e26d0af.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disclaimer: I suck at this game, and I don't know how well it will lend itself to MGL as it was one of the many coin-suckers that came out where your game time was limited one way or another. Still a fairly iconic game when the 3+ player uprights started taking off in the arcades. Super Sprint would be another game I'd like to come up, but it's honestly no where as good as the original without the steering wheel and foot pedals.

Can't see anyone blowing away anyone else on this one. I'll try and post a score tonight for this, but I really should be getting all my tax crap together for my appointment with my accountant tomorrow :(

I have enjoyed a quick game on it occasionally, it's fun with two players for awhile. But I can't see myself enjoying playing it for high scores. As you said it's a coin sucker, there are times that the bullets are impossible to dodge and that always annoys me in any game. Any game that cannot be completed or marathoned by a skilled player without continues shits me, Gauntlet springs to mind. That said, see what others think, if people are enjoying it then good for them. I don't have enough time to compete properly anyway, I should get time for a few goes of Flicky this weekend.

Here are the TG scores for single player no continues, which happens to be the same default settings we are playing on.

1 1,464,140 100.00% Patrick Wheeler 2008-12-30 INP

2 449,590 31.00% Clay W Karczewski 2011-08-31 INP

3 302,660 21.00% Herbert B Sharp 2010-09-10 INP

4 146,975 10.00% Patrick Scott Patterson 2008-11-27 INP

5 79,650 5.00% Dana J Fitkowski 2009-05-10 INP

6 77,225 5.00% David Magowan 2008-06-08 INP

7 69,790 5.00% Lee Starkey 2011-04-02 INP

8 53,305 4.00% Timothy L. Davidson 2008-05-04 INP

9 27,820 2.00% Matt Hunsworth 2008-04-15 INP

It would seem there is enough variance in score to be had and skill to be earned to make this an interesting contest.

By AA rules the game is in ... giving up already? ... :I_give_up.thumb: ... just get better at it, it is quite a challenging and skillful game ... :)

I stand corrected, do you know if the highest scorer completed it?

He must really pound it and often I would guess :D

:lol:lol:lol

I don't think I can answer your question without embarrassing the high scorer ... :redface :laugh:

It's a fun game to play with 2 or three, playing one of these coin suckers in this type of comp is going to be an interesting challenge , although my experience in these types of comps is limited to 3 games so far :lol

I wish I could source the artwork to restore my Rampage cab back to its original glory. I suck at this game but it IS fun.

Brad

http://www.thisoldgame.com/index.php?search%5Bterms%5D=rampage&search%5Bmode%5D=any

Not the artwork I remember or what you are looking for probably.

- - - Updated - - -

0001.png.7cb1d877ddb7294615fa94d0ac38e578.png

Really need to remember to watch an INP of this when it's all over, I need to know how you score 1,000,000 on a single credit on this game, I would have said it was impossible prior to seeing the TG scores.