Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 23 - Game 2 ~ Gravitar ~ [FINISHED]

Berzerk was easy they say ... uhhh OK ... so play this then ?

MGL 23 ? Game 2 ~ Gravitar

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GravitarMGL23_1_zps05518966.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GravitarSettings_zpsce476b24.png

Nominated by AA legends: Jammasized and kane

Current AA Champ of Gravitar: Never played before ? well how about you gravitate to the high score! ... :lol

ROM: gravitar.zip (version 3)

Game Story:

The player controls a space ship in three different solar systems. Each solar system consists of a home base, a death star, a red alien planet and four regular planets. Each planet has its own unique terrain.

Plus plenty of surprises ? really god help you all ? you can?t hear the screaming in MAME! ... :laugh:

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 7 December 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 2 ? PANIC ? PANIC ? the G-Force is too strong!

:nervous: :nervous:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Gravitar6Final_zpsc0e8de28.png

Congratulations to Barra for winning Game 2.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GravitarMGL23Winner_zps3fb3dc29.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took me a while to work out what was going on, stayed on the opening screen and kept shooting :lol Then went into a warp zone and completed a level and

thought WTF now so tried to land the craft on the blue things, oh OK they are fuel dumps you collect with the third button :roll eyes

Then was like how do I leave the mission oh OK just fly up :roll eyes

Love this game, would be an awesome original to have.

So 6100 so far

I'm guessing we are playing this MGL in order of least votes to most votes as usual - I can't believe in a comp where we are playing "never before played" games that the first two games have had 2 votes for each of them, it will be interesting to see what comes up in the next 6 games.

Whoever picked this should be shot. Lol I have no idea what's going on

Yes, curse those handsome devils...

Just getting warmed up, first solar system finished without the super bonus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71936[/ATTACH]

Love this game, the level of finnese required is something I've not seen in any other arcade game. Unfortunately the learning curve is quite steep so those who havn't played it before are going to have to work extra hard :077:

Love this game, would be an awesome original to have.

Yes a stunning game, I will post some great pics when you guys get a little warmed up ...

Thought my scores were OK until I realised the number I was looking at was my fuel.
One of the best posts in this MGL and will be hard to beat ... :laugh:

Whoever picked this should be shot.
... :082:

I'm guessing we are playing this MGL in order of least votes to most votes as usual.
After the games are selected, I arrange the order for max interest with variety and to avoid two or three consecutive similar games.

Love this game, the level of finesse required is something I've not seen in any other arcade game. Unfortunately the learning curve is quite steep so those who haven't played it before are going to have to work extra hard :077:

Oooh boy, he's right ...

A brilliant vector game and I am glad this came up for you guys to enjoy.

Asteroids + Lunar Lander + Vector Imagination (if anyone is good enough to reach it) = Good Luck!

Edited by OOO

i've nominated this heaps of times for mgl's in the past but it hasn't come up.

Some of the levels are crazy hard but patience and persistance pays off but yes the learning curve is steep as it gets hard very quickly.

But once you get the hang of manoevering the ship and mastering the gravity... you can have heaps of fun with this game. keep a light touch on the controls :)

Finished first solar system with full super bonus, crashed and burned on the second as usual...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71938[/ATTACH]

Also, I recommend players change the beam to 1.3 and the gamma to 2 in the mame.ini file for super bright eye burning vectors.

Great score Kane. He is the man to beat, do you recall playing this in the comp at xxxx-1 years ago ? I have a vague recollection. ..

Yeah, I remember. I found the old screenshot, 47300 i got, should be able to beat that this time, my PB is about 65k.

vectors look crap on a crt...

the reverse gravity levels can do your head in... got super bonus in this game and cleared the 2nd reactor core level which i'd not done before.

http://i.imgur.com/zRYLqnOl.jpg