No announcement yet.

MGL 22 - Game 8 ~ Galaga ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't seem to upload images at the moment....

Comment

Hmmm, I'm assuming it takes a difficulty jump or they change the way they move on stage 20, I have only had three games and scored 250k, 249k, 248k in that order. I'm not sure when I lost ships on the first two games, but on the last game I lost 3 ships on stage 20 and another on stage 21.

I know I have scored much better BITD but I was never really good at Galaga, I guess my PB is under 500k. I enjoy Gaplus more and although the action is much faster and more frantic I actually find it easier and can get 1mill+ on that, boring bouncy challenge stages though, they made a step backwards there.

Hey [MENTION=2066]Another Rat[/MENTION] check in your profile to see if you have any forum storage space left, I couldn't upload and it took me awhile to find out I had run out of space. I upgraded my account, but I'm also trialling IMGUR for hosting and linking pics that also has an android app so I can send pics easily from my phone.
      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	1804057

Very much doubt I can get another 100k to take out the Bnj/Galaga Cup

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
          Very much doubt I can get another 100k to take out the Bnj/Galaga Cup
          If I can get 250k on BnJ you can most definitely get it on Galaga!

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Hi [MENTION=9067]OOO[/MENTION] , I was doing a little research on Galaga and I've come across a method of playing the game in a certain way that stops enemy fire. Is this method deemed cheating in this comp? There's no button presses or secret codes, it's something that's triggered by the way you play.

What's the ruling on this? I want to be clear so everyone has a fair shot and plays by the same boundaries.

Can anyone clarify.

P.S my score was playing just as std.

Comment

Yes well known trick

Not allowed in this comp
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

If it seems like cheating then it probably is I did the trick in the arcades BITD as it even became well known then....but it's boring to do more than a couple of times.
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                  Yes well known trick

Not allowed in this comp
                  I thought as much. I never knew about this and I was not aware until today.
                  I imagined players who are experienced in comps would know all of the tricks and secrets of these older games.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20140930_175547.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1804058

Slowly improving but a long way to go to get a decent score..
                    Pins: Judge Dredd, Dr Who, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Star Wars DE
                    Arcade: New Astro City 31k, OK Baby 15k, 20" LCD Vertical upright and 25" Shi Jia Yi 15k

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      If it seems like cheating then it probably is I did the trick in the arcades BITD as it even became well known then....but it's boring to do more than a couple of times.
                      Very true. It's funny I tried this and ended up 6000 points less than my submission the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by joele View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69992[/ATTACH]

Slowly improving but a long way to go to get a decent score..
                        Well there is a long way to go in time to get there (another 2 weeks!) ... nice starting score! ... ...

Originally posted by outrun86 View Post
                        Hi [MENTION=9067]OOO[/MENTION] , I was doing a little research on Galaga and I've come across a method of playing the game in a certain way that stops enemy fire. Is this method deemed cheating in this comp?
                        Yes this is a cheat ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

I wont get to play until Monday, bloody holidays, what are you going to do....

This is my Galaga workbench, I really should get stuck back into into. Last MGL I think I was at 525K. Haven't cracked a Million since 1996 (pre kids, hit it every day after work on the good old cocktail). Maybe now they're older they will leave me alone...!

"Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Name:	You-Can-Do-It.jpg
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1804062

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Been rearranging the house and had to move the games room ( well thats my excuse for not playing much the last couple of games ).

Will try and get some games in on Galaga considering I nominated it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                                I wont get to play until Monday, bloody holidays, what are you going to do....

This is my Galaga workbench, I really should get stuck back into into. Last MGL I think I was at 525K. Haven't cracked a Million since 1996 (pre kids, hit it every day after work on the good old cocktail). Maybe now they're older they will leave me alone...!

What a very nice workbench! I 'd like to have one of those! Very smick!

1 million BITD is outstanding. Can you hit the million and maybe a PB all time over 18 years later? ... I hope you can ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X