No announcement yet.

MGL 22 - Game 7 ~ Berzerk ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done [MENTION=9320]Barra[/MENTION]. Great reflexes!
    I found a certain pattern for this game that worked for me.
    I only played by exiting the right side and entering on the left.
    I couldn't play well at all exiting at the top or bottom of the screen.
    Those white robots were my main issue and if I lost 1 life the game tended to just go downhill quickly.
    For such a well known game it's funny that I'd never played it before. I think the graphics just wouldn't of drawn me in to play.
    Great game though.

Comment

• Thanks outrun

Going left to right is definitely the best way to go about it as the humanoid is longer than it is wide.
      The game gets super hard at 7500 (white robots - fire 1 fast shot) and I've heard that it maxes out at 20k (robots fire 5 fast shots). So well done to everyone who managed to score 10k+
      This is a great game and I might even keep playing it!

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barra View Post
        Thanks outrun

Going left to right is definitely the best way to go about it as the humanoid is longer than it is wide.
        The game gets super hard at 7500 (white robots - fire 1 fast shot) and I've heard that it maxes out at 20k (robots fire 5 fast shots). So well done to everyone who managed to score 10k+
        This is a great game and I might even keep playing it!

No way, you've never played it before!?!?! I bow down to you!

Yes, the main thing is left to right. You have the best chance of clearing everything out. Work the robots. If there's two near each other and it would mean a long journey to get to them because of a long horizontal wall, just crank left and right until they run into each other- you get the same points no matter how they die. Occasionally you have all the robots die without you even firing a shot! Get all of them for ten points a robot bonus. Priority- 1) Left to right and all robots. 2) Left to right without all robots (Chicken, fight like a robot!) 3) If in real trouble, then go up or down, but the next level go right again even if it means not getting all the robots.

First yellow level I like to really practice my diagonal shots. They are hard, but handy. When you get the first lot of white robots though, forget about diagonal shots!
        Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

• I had played it before, last year in an online MAME comp I only managed ~3k. Absolutely despised the game and vowed to never play it again. My opinion changed after learning a bit more about the game and thinking about every move and its consequences. There is still way too much luck involved in my gameplay ie getting easy starts in rooms so there is still a lot to learn, a good thing I guess!!

I have been entering the room in the middle, and firing a blind shot if there is no wall directly in front of me. This will hit a robot the majority of the time, giving you some more room to dodge the other bullets.
          If there is a wall, run to it without shooting. This will guarantee safety and then you can focus on killing the robots above and below, and then pick off the others 1 at a time.

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

• Well played barra, a great score.

I also play by exiting stage right every maze. Never got back to it after my last score due to travel And other stuff but happy with 3rd

Comment

• I'm happy with 2nd too, 19k is pretty much unbeatable, very well done Barra

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X