Clear All

• MGL 22 - Game 5 ~ Shinobi ~ [FINISHED]

Evil Ninjas!!!! ?

MGL 22 ? Game 5 ~ Shinobi

Nominated by AA legends: outrun86 and Woody

Current AA Champ of Shinobi: Never played before in the MGL

ROM: shinobi (set 5 system 16A)

Game Story:
    The Ninja children of the Iga clan were kidnapped by Zeed, a syndication of evil Ninjas and outlaws. Joe Musashi, a master of Ninjutsu and other martial arts must penetrate single-handedly into the opponent's territory on a mission to rescue the little ones and wipe out the villains.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
    This game finishes Sunday 21 September 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 5 Wipe out the villains!

Final Results ...

Congratulations to RMacauley for winning Game 5.

Last edited by OOO; 21st September 2014, 06:25 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

As I nominated this game I thought I would put up an early post. I'm not that great at it but I enjoyed this game at out local newsagents as a kid and I still like to play it now. Fun game, bonuses for using ninja skills and extra lives to you if your sharp with a throwing star!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1803341

First game ever, never heard of this one before today.

Playing under MAME .150 my ROM info says Set 6, System 16A Unprotected - hope that is the right ROM.

- - - Updated - - -

Name:	0001.png
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1803342

Marginally better. Will try and have another game later on. I suck at this sorts of games, but this one seems a bit more fun than other scrolling fighters I've sucked at in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post

Playing under MAME .150 my ROM info says Set 6, System 16A Unprotected - hope that is the right ROM.
        EmuParadise has the Shinobi (set 5, System 16B, unprotected) ROM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mark68 View Post
          So there must have been changes to ROM names? Because the ROM I'm using is "shinobi" I'll have a look around later and see if I can work out what the story is with the ROM names changing and if I need a newer ROM.

EDIT: Just looked in the game list for MAME .150, and I have a shinobi5 ROM which is set 5.... guess I should use this one?

- - - Updated - - -

Name:	0000.png
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1803343

Okay, that is really it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
            EDIT: Just looked in the game list for MAME .150, and I have a shinobi5 ROM which is set 5.... guess I should use this one?
            That's the one. When I take a screen shot it save in a folder called shinobi5.

Here's my effort. I don't think I've played this one before.
            I got up to the level one boss, then died rather quickly.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Shinobi, cool. I have finished the Sega Master System version of this with no deaths, arcade version seems a lot harder though.

Comment

I used to play this game a lot as a kid.

sigpic

Comment

Only ever played this a few times. Probably played way more on the Amiga version
                  Attached Files
                  My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Mission 5-3. Haven't played this in a long time.

Another game from my past. One of many games to go through Mitchell Park Super Deli in the late 80's to early 90's. Usually they had up to 5 20" lowboy's out the front at any one time back then. When Shinobi arrived one of the locals GOD (Greg I think. We didn't get along to the point that I didn't hang around if he was there. Older, bigger, scarier ) could already beat the game. Another local GAV (Gavin) got very good, very quickly and eventually knocked GOD off his perch. Thanks to the game saving the high scores the list was filled with GAVs and GODs and all over 300K. Took me years to get to that level in another location.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                      Mission 5-3. Haven't played this in a long time.

Another game from my past. One of many games to go through Mitchell Park Super Deli in the late 80's to early 90's. Usually they had up to 5 20" lowboy's out the front at any one time back then. When Shinobi arrived one of the locals GOD (Greg I think. We didn't get along to the point that I didn't hang around if he was there. Older, bigger, scarier ) could already beat the game. Another local GAV (Gavin) got very good, very quickly and eventually knocked GOD off his perch. Thanks to the game saving the high scores the list was filled with GAVs and GODs and all over 300K. Took me years to get to that level in another location.
                      Impressive Rob!

Comment

Up to the start of the third level.

Comment

First effort ever...

Name:	0002 2.png
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1803366

Comment

Finished. Still screwing up the bonus stages and a few stupid deaths but OK for now.

Might take a trip back to the Circus later on today.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Damm another game i like grrrr need to make a JAMMA converter

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X