Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 22 - Game 5 ~ Shinobi ~ [FINISHED]

Evil Ninjas!!!! ?

MGL 22 ? Game 5 ~ Shinobi

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL22ShinobiSettingsFinal_zps8545e37b.png

Nominated by AA legends: outrun86 and Woody

Current AA Champ of Shinobi: Never played before in the MGL

ROM: shinobi (set 5 system 16A)

Game Story:

The Ninja children of the Iga clan were kidnapped by Zeed, a syndication of evil Ninjas and outlaws. Joe Musashi, a master of Ninjutsu and other martial arts must penetrate single-handedly into the opponent's territory on a mission to rescue the little ones and wipe out the villains.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 21 September 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 5 Wipe out the villains!

:p :p :p :p :p

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Shinobi4Final_zps097d2831.png

Congratulations to RMacauley for winning Game 5.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/ShinobiMGL22Winner_zpsb677f28a.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I nominated this game I thought I would put up an early post. I'm not that great at it but I enjoyed this game at out local newsagents as a kid and I still like to play it now. Fun game, bonuses for using ninja skills and extra lives to you if your sharp with a throwing star!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/04/d238c6c30790393f813dee6656ae5a6c.jpg

0000.png.dfd0879ae91ad13bd6785ea2c5ac636f.png

First game ever, never heard of this one before today.

Playing under MAME .150 my ROM info says Set 6, System 16A Unprotected - hope that is the right ROM.

- - - Updated - - -

0001.png.271cc73b6b38b889c6fef43aaf187215.png

Marginally better. Will try and have another game later on. I suck at this sorts of games, but this one seems a bit more fun than other scrolling fighters I've sucked at in the past.

So there must have been changes to ROM names? Because the ROM I'm using is "shinobi" :confused: I'll have a look around later and see if I can work out what the story is with the ROM names changing and if I need a newer ROM.

EDIT: Just looked in the game list for MAME .150, and I have a shinobi5 ROM which is set 5.... guess I should use this one?

- - - Updated - - -

0000.png.0fd05f589cecc4d76f95ef6a91edcb1f.png

Okay, that is really it for now.

EDIT: Just looked in the game list for MAME .150, and I have a shinobi5 ROM which is set 5.... guess I should use this one?

That's the one. When I take a screen shot it save in a folder called shinobi5.

Here's my effort. I don't think I've played this one before.

I got up to the level one boss, then died rather quickly.

1248161529_shinobi527260.png.07a4dd96dd0e3f180c2c59fbda9a950a.png

Mission 5-3. Haven't played this in a long time.

Another game from my past. One of many games to go through Mitchell Park Super Deli in the late 80's to early 90's. Usually they had up to 5 20" lowboy's out the front at any one time back then. When Shinobi arrived one of the locals GOD (Greg I think. We didn't get along to the point that I didn't hang around if he was there. Older, bigger, scarier :run:) could already beat the game. Another local GAV (Gavin) got very good, very quickly and eventually knocked GOD off his perch. Thanks to the game saving the high scores the list was filled with GAVs and GODs and all over 300K. Took me years to get to that level in another location.

shinobi.png.6bd15d101e063667e3be75c9de2eb3ec.png

Mission 5-3. Haven't played this in a long time.

Another game from my past. One of many games to go through Mitchell Park Super Deli in the late 80's to early 90's. Usually they had up to 5 20" lowboy's out the front at any one time back then. When Shinobi arrived one of the locals GOD (Greg I think. We didn't get along to the point that I didn't hang around if he was there. Older, bigger, scarier :run:) could already beat the game. Another local GAV (Gavin) got very good, very quickly and eventually knocked GOD off his perch. Thanks to the game saving the high scores the list was filled with GAVs and GODs and all over 300K. Took me years to get to that level in another location.

Impressive Rob!

Finished. Still screwing up the bonus stages and a few stupid deaths but OK for now.

Might take a trip back to the Circus later on today.

Is that Ninja Rob? (photo taken in Melbourne today)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/06/264320dd9671410523dcf6fa267aa202.jpg

Is that Ninja Rob? (photo taken in Melbourne today)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/06/264320dd9671410523dcf6fa267aa202.jpg

Nothing much escapes you Sean ... nice pickup ... it's very hard to take photos of ninjas when they are hiding in the shadows ... :laugh:

:ninja.thumb: - Rob as a normal gamer and then transforms into the secret ninja ... :lol

LOL

Not a fan of shinobi, but always wanted to be.

I thought there must of been something fantastic about the game as it was really popular at wizzards.

Dabbled again today, still can't find the magic of the game.

Still hopefully my health will be better than the last week and may get some game time in.

Quick game, initial score of 30,750. Another game I would NEVER have considered playing aside from MGL. Fun!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/07/75feae34dbce7531a6ddc601563ff3f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never played this though remember the title from Sega console days of the early 90's.

First play I thought ugh, generic side scrolling stuff... almost dismissed it but glad I didn't - the more I played it, the more it sucked me in. Just.gotta.get.further.this.time... The little things like trying to perfect a bonus stage, the special power smart bomb, and the gameplay is good. Just keeps you putting another coin in. I can see why it was such a big title for Sega.

Score too embarrassing to post as yet but this is a game I can see myself getting into :) Good nomination.