Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating around these MGL threads has given me the MAME fever. I'm in for MGL 23.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
      You're gonna need a monster score on Galaga to stay ahead of Barra I'm afraid
      What I meant to say was in the Top 3 Poms! ...I don't seem to be able to do any better that my first score. I've not gone much past 100k

Comment

Originally posted by MamePatrol View Post
        Floating around these MGL threads has given me the MAME fever. I'm in for MGL 23.
        Welcome back, it's been over 4 years since you last played in MGL 10, and MGL 9 before that ... 11th and 7th finishes ... nice!

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

After 9 weeks of gaming, MGL 22 has now come to a close.

The final standings are below:

CONGRATULATIONS to the Top 10 in MGL 22 and those who achieved new PBs. There was a variety of different types of games in this MGL and it took some tenacious play to do well.

Congratulations to Brad on his first ever MGL win. Brad played his first MGL in 2010 and has played every MGL since, that?s 11 straight.
          Runner up 3 times in those tournaments and twice to RMacauley, I must say a well deserved and outstanding achievement on winning this one.
          And another why ? in the 5 x MGLs played to date on the percentage system, Brad in MGL 22 finished with 581.22 points, the highest score of all the previous winners.

RMacauley, the 6 time champion, played great as usual for a great 2nd placing ?
          Barra, the defending champion, won the last 2 games of MGL 22 and leaped in bounds into 3rd place ?
          dmworking247 also won 2 games however missed out on a podium result, finishing into a nice 4th place.
          kane played solid throughout just like in MGL 21, no game wins however hit 5th again in consecutive MGLs.
          outrun86 missed out by 0.71 points on 5th place in his 4th MGL, however continues to improve his game.
          Jammasized, Foot, Nicko71 and Another Rat played well to finish in the Top 10 with less than 43 points separating them.

With 8 games contested there were 4 different game winners winning 2 games each (Barra, Brad, dmworking247 and RMacauley).
          We played 1 game never played before in the MGL (Shinobi) and 3 games that have not been played in the MGL for over 4 years (Circus Charlie, Joust and Rainbow Islands).
          6 previous MGL records were broken and only 1 could not be beaten (Nicko71?s AA record on Bubble Bobble set in MGL 18 - an excellent high score!)

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3.

Champion:
          Brad

2nd:
          RMacauley

3rd:
          Barra

I hope everyone enjoyed MGL 22 ? we had a 31 player turn out and 8 fun games that sometimes required Ashley and Martin.
          The MGL will be back for MGL 23 - Arcade Zap! in the near future.
          Enjoy your break ?

OOO

PS: The mystery prize will be drawn in a few minutes ?
          Last edited by OOO; 8th July 2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

MGL 22 Statistics

Here are the statistics of the nominations received for MGL 22 ...
            17 players sent a PM to the MGL organiser for a total of 85 votes.
            (Each player could nominate up to 5 different games)
            Each game nominated counts as one vote.
            Only 8 games could be played in MGL 22.
            8 games with the most votes qualified.

1 game received 3 votes and automatically qualified. This was Joust.
            14 games received 2 votes each and 7 games were drawn from this pool by chance.

Of the 17 player nominations:
            12 players had at least 1 game played that they nominated
            1 player had 2 of their nominated games played … mark68
            2 players had 3 of their nominated games played … Jammasized and outrun86
            5 players did not have any of their games played. Of these 5 players, one finished in 2nd place and one finished in 3rd place.

31 players submitted scores in MGL 22, which equals the highest number of players with MGL 13 and MGL 20.

22 x MGL tournaments completed … more to come …

Comment

congrats brad on winning and all the gamers that played. Thanks OOO for always hosting these great contests.
              If anyone is interested there is only under 34 hours to sign up for wolf ix left http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...o-Armageddon-2 I closed the voting form so to sign up just post in the thread

Comment

Congrats to Brad, well deserved win and some really excellent scoring. (I'm still in awe of your Joust score.)

Thanks OOO for running the comp like a well oiled machine.

I missed a few games due to time constraints but thoroughly enjoyed playing in the comp, and found a new game that has gone into my faves. (Shinobi)

Comment

Thanks guys.

The draw of games seemed to have favoured me more that others this time round. Well except for Galaga. That game just bores me and I couldn't be bothered playing it too much. There were some damn awesome scores over some of the games in this MGL. Well done to all and thanks once again to OOO for running it so well yet again.

Interesting note. I've nominated Astro Blaster, Space Duel and Lasso a LOT and they haven't come up once ya slackers

Cheers,
                  Brad
                  My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Another MGL completed and big thanks to 000 for his great job in running, scoring and encouraging. Well played mate - you're the champ in my eyes.

The subject of scoring systems raised it's head again - happens from time to time and particularly when someone has an absolutely killer game score. The usual preconceptions and rusted on ideas get trotted out, but I like to let the numbers do the talking, so here's a very unofficial spreadsheet which compares %age v GP scoring for the MGL22. My job sees me doing a fair bit of analysis so this is thrown together over morning tea - the GP points are just from eyeball, so I may have a minor error - feel free to point out any you see.

It should be pretty self explanatory, it shows %age scores and rank and GP scores and rank. The delta column shows movement in position from %age if GP had been used. Positive means you'd move up, negative is down.

What's it show? No material differences to overall positions. Positions 1 to 4 are UNCHANGED in EITHER system. In the top eight only position 5 and 6 swap. Biggest changes anywhere would be to Rat and Joele who would have gone up 7 positions. Rat because he played solidly in a handful of games and Joele because he had a fair single game. Biggest downgrade would be 4 positions and the rest sees little change.

There were quite a few games with more than 15 participants, so this meant anyone outside the top 15 get no GP points, so it might change a little if a broader spread of points are allocated. Although those of us who finish down towards the bottom seem to be pretty consistent

Click image for larger version

Name:	MGL22.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1804247

Comment

Congrats Brad on the win. Thanks to OOO for running (the biggest ever?) another successful MGL.

If you are short of games to pick for the next MGL, can I suggest you have a look at the list above of the games that were nominated and not picked this time - I generally go through the list and have at least one game of those I haven't played before, you may just find a great game that you've never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
                        Another MGL completed and big thanks to 000 for his great job in running, scoring and encouraging. Well played mate - you're the champ in my eyes.

The subject of scoring systems raised it's head again - happens from time to time and particularly when someone has an absolutely killer game score. The usual preconceptions and rusted on ideas get trotted out, but I like to let the numbers do the talking, so here's a very unofficial spreadsheet which compares %age v GP scoring for the MGL22. My job sees me doing a fair bit of analysis so this is thrown together over morning tea - the GP points are just from eyeball, so I may have a minor error - feel free to point out any you see.

It should be pretty self explanatory, it shows %age scores and rank and GP scores and rank. The delta column shows movement in position from %age if GP had been used. Positive means you'd move up, negative is down.

What's it show? No material differences to overall positions. Positions 1 to 4 are UNCHANGED in EITHER system. In the top eight only position 5 and 6 swap. Biggest changes anywhere would be to Rat and Joele who would have gone up 7 positions. Rat because he played solidly in a handful of games and Joele because he had a fair single game. Biggest downgrade would be 4 positions and the rest sees little change.

There were quite a few games with more than 15 participants, so this meant anyone outside the top 15 get no GP points, so it might change a little if a broader spread of points are allocated. Although those of us who finish down towards the bottom seem to be pretty consistent

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70443[/ATTACH]
                        I Favour GP lol

Comment

This was another fantastic contest hosted that I enjoyed almost every minute of (I need a new keyboard now)
                          There were some monster scores and some awesome participation. Its great to see this MGL so strong, and it goes without saying; OOO you do such a good job hosting this, so sir I thank you for that.

I tip my hat to you, Brad. You really did show us who is boss. A record using the % format as well, nice work! If only my new joust PB came a week earlier
                          Rob was super consistent as always. Is there a bloody game that you haven't played before?! Hehe

I completely lucked out on the last game choice. Sorry to dmworking, kane and outrun! You guys deserved to be ahead of me this time around

Already looking forward to the next one.

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

How often do you have MGL? What are the rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Cheers, BJ

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bjmate View Post
                              How often do you have MGL? What are the rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              You can check out the rules for the last MGL by playing the video on this link ...
                              http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ions-is-CLOSED

The MGL starts 3-6 weeks after the last MGL closed and goes for 9 weeks.
                              The next MGL will start after the 'Wolf' competition closes, which will be around 21/11/2014.

Nominations will open on 15/11/2014 so be ready for that ...
                              Last edited by OOO; 14th November 2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

[emoji106][emoji451][emoji451][emoji451][emoji451][emoji451]

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X