Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 22 - Game 3 ~ Joust ~ [FINISHED]

Flying like a bird ?

MGL 22 ? Game 3 ~ Joust

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustMGL22SettingsA_zps518ce9d1.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustMGL22SettingsB_Final_zpsca957259.png

Nominated by AA legends: Brad, Jammasized and mark68

Current AA Champ of Joust: Jammasized 230,050

ROM: joust (white/green label)

Game Story:

You are a knight flying on an ostrich, battling buzzard-mounted enemies. To fly, you repeatedly hit the flap button. To topple the Buzzard-Riders, "the highest lance wins".

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 7-Sep-2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above and play as a single player. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 3 ? Beware of the pterodactyl ?

:117::117::117:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Joust4Final_zpse8e566f3.png

Congratulations to Brad for setting a new AA record and winning Game 3.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JoustMGL22Winner_zps28e35bc9.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've only tried this a couple of times, no idea what I'm doing and something just seems horrible about this game for me :lol

- - - Updated - - -

5750 :rolleyes I just don't get it - I'm going to have to read instructions/watch attract screens to work out what the hell is going on (I'm a firm believer in not reading instructions)

0000.png.2783c01149bee9eae2db1c1319dc9ce1.png

It's all about higher ground/airspace. Just stay above the birds, smack 'em, collect the egg - preferably before it hits the ground as you get much more points. If you dont collect the egg, it will hatch, to your peril.

Just kill the birds, collect the eggs and whatever you do....beware the terror-dactyl.

I also nommed this as for me is not only a great single player game, but also one of the best and most fun two player simultaneous arcade games ever made, imo. (next to space wars) Murderjoust is a fave sport in my garage.

• Administrators
but also one of the best and most fun two player simultaneous arcade games ever made, imo. (next to space wars) Murderjoust is a fave sport in my garage.

You left out Space Duel which I think is THE best duel player classic =) You can Compete Head to Head, Co-Op separately or Co-Op joined. Fun is had by all.

Brad

You left out Space Duel which I think is THE best duel player classic =) You can Compete Head to Head, Co-Op separately or Co-Op joined. Fun is had by all.

Brad

I think @Rat owns an original Space Duel - but it came a long time after space wars, 5 years later. I own an original 1977 Cinematronics Upright Space Wars- it was the first video game that arrived in my local Pinny Parlour, and it was a harbringer of things to come, and really was the daddy of all the Vector gamesd like Asteroids, Gravitar, etc. Space Wars got me off pinnies and 8-ball :) For me, nothing beats that for two player action, but i'm biased. In the arcade it was pay p/time, so it was a shocking devourer of 20c pieces, BITD.

Wave 18. First time ever over 100K. Been stuck in the 50K range with the exception of 2 games and the obligatory rage quits.

Only ever saw Joust once BITD. Timezone Liverpool had 2 of them side by side to the right of the pinballs about '82-'83. From memory the left hand one developed a graphics glitch that left a trail of ostriches behind making it impossible to see the enemies.

joust.png.8226a855bfa070af0a742a1998f5784b.png

Nice. Needed an excuse to get back to this one!

:)

I am not sure if you are aware, but for the last 2 weeks you have been playing on RU and it says IGBY ... once it said retroup is playing Sonic Wings IGBY ...

Just letting you know the IGBY finished almost 3 weeks ago.

How's Joust going? ... :117:

I am not sure if you are aware, but for the last 2 weeks you have been playing on RU and it says IGBY ... once it said retroup is playing Sonic Wings IGBY ...

Just letting you know the IGBY finished almost 3 weeks ago.

How's Joust going? ... :117:

Have not played Joust in a couple of months.

Other people use the streaming channel too :)

Will play this after the weekend is over. Really looking forward to it actually.