VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL 22 - Game 3 ~ Joust ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 22 - Game 3 ~ Joust ~ [FINISHED]

Flying like a bird ?

MGL 22 ? Game 3 ~ Joust

]"]Error | Photobucket

]"]Error | Photobucket

Nominated by AA legends: Brad, Jammasized and mark68

Current AA Champ of Joust: Jammasized 230,050

ROM: joust (white/green label)

Game Story:
    You are a knight flying on an ostrich, battling buzzard-mounted enemies. To fly, you repeatedly hit the flap button. To topple the Buzzard-Riders, "the highest lance wins".

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
    This game finishes Sunday 7-Sep-2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above and play as a single player. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 3 ? Beware of the pterodactyl ?

Final Results ...

]"]Error | Photobucket

Congratulations to Brad for setting a new AA record and winning Game 3.

]"]Error | Photobucket

Last edited by OOO; 7 September 2014, 08:10 PM.

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...tions-are-open

This should be interesting, never played this before. 11pm and away for the weekend from tomorrow...

Hmmm, may have to play a couple of games...

Comment

Cripes. I should go buy a lotto ticket

Comment

Nice. Needed an excuse to get back to this one!

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

I used to LOVE this game as a kid. Rarely play it these days so had to nominate =)

Brad
          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Early bird score

Click image for larger version

Name:	jous0002.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	1803128
            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Eeek - definitely not a favourite, and only yesterday I was silently hoping it wouldn't come up! Premonition!

Guess I'd better get that ROM (and buy a PCB of course..)

Comment

I used to play this on my Atari 2600 and thought I'd give it a go on MAME one day... very different and I only had one game and turned it off..... Let's see if I can give it a good go during this MGL

Comment

I've only tried this a couple of times, no idea what I'm doing and something just seems horrible about this game for me

- - - Updated - - -

5750 I just don't get it - I'm going to have to read instructions/watch attract screens to work out what the hell is going on (I'm a firm believer in not reading instructions)

Name:	0000.png
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	1803132

Comment

It's all about higher ground/airspace. Just stay above the birds, smack 'em, collect the egg - preferably before it hits the ground as you get much more points. If you dont collect the egg, it will hatch, to your peril.

Just kill the birds, collect the eggs and whatever you do....beware the terror-dactyl.

I also nommed this as for me is not only a great single player game, but also one of the best and most fun two player simultaneous arcade games ever made, imo. (next to space wars) Murderjoust is a fave sport in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                      but also one of the best and most fun two player simultaneous arcade games ever made, imo. (next to space wars) Murderjoust is a fave sport in my garage.
                      You left out Space Duel which I think is THE best duel player classic =) You can Compete Head to Head, Co-Op separately or Co-Op joined. Fun is had by all.

Brad
                      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        You left out Space Duel which I think is THE best duel player classic =) You can Compete Head to Head, Co-Op separately or Co-Op joined. Fun is had by all.

Brad
                        I think [MENTION=2636]Rat[/MENTION] owns an original Space Duel - but it came a long time after space wars, 5 years later. I own an original 1977 Cinematronics Upright Space Wars- it was the first video game that arrived in my local Pinny Parlour, and it was a harbringer of things to come, and really was the daddy of all the Vector gamesd like Asteroids, Gravitar, etc. Space Wars got me off pinnies and 8-ball For me, nothing beats that for two player action, but i'm biased. In the arcade it was pay p/time, so it was a shocking devourer of 20c pieces, BITD.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Name:	jous0003.png
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	1803134
                            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Name:	0001.png
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1803135

Yuck yuck yuck...!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X