Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 22 - Game 2 ~ 10 Yard Fight ~ [FINISHED]

TOUCHDOWN …

MGL 22 – Game 2 ~ 10 Yard Fight

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/10YardFightMGL22settingsFinal_zps316734a8.png

Nominated by AA legends: Another Rat and Jammasized

Current AA Champ of 10 Yard Fight: Jammasized 139,700

ROM: 10yard or yard

Game Story:

The player must score a touchdown in the time allotted to go from high school and college ball all the way to the Pros and the Super Bowl.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 24 August 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 2 GAME DAY!

:026::026:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/10YardFight7Final_zpse9a057db.png

Congratulations to Brad for setting a new AA record and winning Game 2.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/10YardFightMGL22Winner_zps23236064.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is always a devisive game in MGL. I remember last time it came up, quite a few MGL's ago. Some hated it, but fans of it love it.

The reason I nominated it - not just cause it's a favourite and i played it stacks in Arcades BITD. but cause it is a game that cannot be played by rote. there are no 'sets' to learn, and it is mostly unpredictable. Watching gameplay videos, or INPS, also isn't really going to help much :D you just gotta find your way.

Good luck, and Game on !

I used to play this one occasionally back in '84 in one of the arcades in Perth.

I was never any good at it, but liked it all the same.

I'll put the first score up.

It will get beaten, very quickly.

175588294_10yard29200.png.78de1e88633eda12f8c15ca025e71b9a.png

642084537_10yard29200.png.6fda518c33c7f3f6ddbb67487aed57c9.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67667[/ATTACH]

I wasn't going to post this early but I had a few games (it took me a few to get the hang of the game again but I can't remember how to maximise my score) and scored OK so thought I'd post it in case I don't get time to come back.

This game has real memories for me, but not so much because I like playing it. It was at my local bowling alley BITD along with many others, one strange teen used to play it all the time and nothing else, one day I had a chat to him, and we became life long friends, he has moved away but is still a facebook friend and came to visit earlier this year.

I will have a couple of games for old times sake, and that's great, but I'm not going to try for a PB, I think I got to about the fourth game once and the big boys hit me fast and hard.....bloody bogans.

I have fond memories of this game. It used to be one that popped up everywhere in my area (Shopping centre, corner shops, indoor soccer venue, indoor cricket venue) and hung around for years.

My proud gaming memory would be the time that as a youngster while my brother played indoor cricket I decided to have a game of it (which wasn't unusual) and I sat down put my money in and started. A couple of older guys (young adults) came around the corner to walk over and I heard one of them say no to worry about it as someone was already playing, the other guy than said, "Yeah but he is only a little kid." to which the first guy replied, "Nah, that kid can play, we might as well go". Probably the only time in my my childhood that I knew someone recognised me as a gamer and the memory has stuck with me.

The other great memory I still have of this game was when a mate put his money into a 10-Yard Fight machine and asked if I'd start the game off for him. I managed a touchdown off the kickoff (first time I'd ever done that) and we jumped around high fiving.

Why did this machine get my coin when I was young (and still now if I come across it)? To me it was good value, for 20c I could get a good length of game out of my money (I never put any coins in any of these machines if they were set to 40c, I have never seen one more expensive than that).

Not sure than anyone cares.... but I shared anyway :)

but I can't remember how to maximise my score

Running the ball in after a touchdown instead of kicking is extra points I think. I'm sure I used to be able to do this without any issue BITD, but I don't think I've ever managed it on MAME, I'm sure there is some little trick to it that someone will share after week 1.

Still a nice score, without looking back at the last time we played I think you've already beaten my PB.

Not sure than anyone cares.... but I shared anyway :)

The MGL aint just posting scores, otherwise it would be like watching computers with 100010101000 in base 10 all day ... :cry

Nice explanation, just goes to show 'that kid can play' eh? Including Pac-Land and many others I am sure.

Bottom line ... let's hear it out there, in here ... :)

• Administrators

The only place I ever saw and played this was down at the Leumeah Tennis Club NSW back in the day. I had mates who played tennis in their teens and you could go into the family section of the club underage and they had this in a cocktail cab. One of my mates was awesome at this game. Me not so much but still okay. I seem to recall either a C64 or Amiga version I played as well.

Never saw the game again until I discovered mame back in the 90's

Disregard the higher scores as they are from previous comps

10yard-brad-98700.png.e879011768b26ced610c4f133e570a47.png

0000.png.2bfb96a97bc8156b1ed8352f2c002ce0.png

Would be most helpful if my quarterback stopped throwing bullets and tried to lob it one in a while, maybe it wouldn't get intercepted you moron :x

My most hated feature of this game is the time it takes for the bloody ref to run onto the field and blow his whistle.