MGL 21 - Game 7 ~ Super Cobra ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd better start on this one.
    I'm not confident of a good score on this.
    My screen shot was stretched as well, I just resized it in Microsoft Paint.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danny_galaga View Post
      Crap, I'm going to rank low on this. I have an issue which will never be solved with my MAME cab, whereby hitting 'fire' and 'bomb' at the same time freezes your sprite in it's last position. Double tapping the joy gets it moving again, but you can imagine it pretty much ruins the game :-(

I'll give it a crack though because any score is better than nothing! Oh, I have an old laptop and USB gamepad, that could get me out of trouble (",)
      You either have a wiring issue or if you're using mame or button assignment issue. Both are easily fixed so get cracking What sort of encoder are you using?

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	21590.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1802228
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          You either have a wiring issue or if you're using mame or button assignment issue. Both are easily fixed so get cracking What sort of encoder are you using?

Brad

No, it's neither of those. The exact same set-up worked absolutely fine when it had a win98 mobo. I need someone in the know to come over with a whole bunch of XP discs and shit. It's to do with the OS I've installed. One version (tiny xp) I think, everything was fine, but there was no sound. This version (which is I think is some business distribution version that someone sent me, from here I think!), everything works including sound, except for the aforementioned strange glitch.

If this mobo dies one day soon, the next time I'll just buy a small form factor PC and pull it apart, rather than build one up. Man I wish modern hardware would work straight out of the box with win98. That OS is built for MAME (",)
          Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

Name:	26120.png
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	1802229

Starting to get into this one.
            sigpic

Comment

Not sure what I think of this yet... if it was BITD it wouldn't get my money as my games didn't last long enough to begin with.

Comment

Is it just me or is the collision detection absolutely awful in this game?

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                  Hahaha, My thoughts too. I have clipped many mountain ranges and sailed straight through!

Comment

It must be... I can't be "that" bad

Comment

Name:	scob0004.png
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1802236
                      "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Name:	IMG_20140617_175426.jpg
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1802238

I didnt like this game when it was released and like it about the same today .
                        Here is the best Ive been able to do today... Just showing some intent to get involved in MGL.

Comment

Still haven't played this one. Not looking forward to it. Scramble was difficult enough. Will put in a score it at some stage.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kroag View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]65684[/ATTACH]

I didnt like this game when it was released and like it about the same today .
                            Here is the best Ive been able to do today... Just showing some intent to get involved in MGL.
                            It's a nice start ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

I reckon the collision detection is ok, but there is something fishy about the vertical rate of descent. Also the land based rocket launchers are far too cruel?

Comment

This might be the best I get for this game.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X