Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 21 - Game 3 ~ Mr Do's Wild Ride ~ [FINISHED]

Leg it or Time out ?

MGL 21 ? Game 3 ~ Mr Do?s Wild Ride

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MrDosWildrideSettingsFinal_zps5ca5b7f2.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/FlyerMrDoWildRideFinal_zpsa595fcaa.png

Nominated by AA legend: John73

Current AA Champ of Mr Do?s Wild Ride: Never play before in a MGL

ROM: dowild

Game Story:

Mr Do the clown, runs along a rollercoaster track which loops around the screen, attempting to reach the goal. He must avoid on-coming cars moving down the track by climbing ladders. Pick up cherries and flags for additional bonuses. Play against the clock. And that?s only the first screen, good luck!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Mr Do's Wild Ride finishes Sunday 1 Jun 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game on a single credit.

I am posting this game earlier so you have more interesting and frustrating games to play ... :)

GAME 3 ? JUST DO! ?

:jump:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/WildRideFinal_zpsc3cef005.png

Congratulations to Barra for winning Game 3.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MrDoWildRideMGL21Winner_zpscdb1562a.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this game about 5 days too early? Figure OOO must be going away or something. This is a really cool game, but I happen to know a certain Kiwi is way better than me at it. Must see if I can finally get past the final stages on this that I've never been able to do.

Edit: I just read why it was posted early - must read full posts before posting *face palm*

If this is as good as Me Do! then I'll be happy.

Me Do! ????? is that some kind of reference to masturbation? :blink: go for the marathon :lol

I find this much harder than Mr Do, I could marathon Mr Do on default BITD (can't now)...........Wild Ride I can't remember seeing until mame, played it a few times and think it's ok but only got through a few rounds. I'm looking forward to having a bash at this, but I don't expect to be setting any records.

Strange they have the cab specs on the instruction sheet, my cab is too wide, can I still play? ;)

0003.png.90910d8a7dabb5bdf702edb7d307cad5.png

I do recall having seen Scene 6 BITD now that I've got it, for now it's an absolute mystery. Need to work out how to keep getting through Scene 5 without dying so I've got a few more men to play with :)

Me Do! ????? is that some kind of reference to masturbation? :blink: go for the marathon :lol

I find this much harder than Mr Do, I could marathon Mr Do on default BITD (can't now)...........Wild Ride I can't remember seeing until mame, played it a few times and think it's ok but only got through a few rounds. I'm looking forward to having a bash at this, but I don't expect to be setting any records.

Strange they have the cab specs on the instruction sheet, my cab is too wide, can I still play? ;)

Me Do Mr Do! Lol

0005.png.69b0c381b09836644c34a3101c7cc790.png

Arsed my way through S6. Never ever seen anything beyond this point, so it's gonna take me a lot of games to work out I think. Too bad I didn't snare the 10k that game or I might have sucked some more points out on my remaining lives and taken the lead for a short time.

What's your PB Barra? I'm too lazy to look up RU.

Nice score!

PB is 110,885 from the TG Deca in 2011

RU score is 92,977 from 2011 as well

Have not played since

- - - Updated - - -

Small improvement. No sign of the diamond yet!!

MRDOMGL71001.thumb.png.994391f17004b434530f886fd98162cc.png

Still no diamond :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64021[/ATTACH]

I've had the diamond about 3 times now - but not in my my 50k game unfortunately.

Don't tell me (yet) but Wild Ride obviously game overs at some point, hopefully I'll reach it, but would be great if you manage to do it and can stream some of it next week just so I can see it happen without downloading in INP.

I had a look at the TG top scores - I believe first is around 115k, and then a whole host of scores from 110k to 100k. I'm assuming (and don't tell me yet :)) that you'd need a diamond and to finish the game as quickly as possible to get 110k+

Got the diamond this time.

dowild-1399902228.png.cef5e5df8e95d0edd6a0abc12a3caa80.png

This comp has renewed my love for this game. I forgot how much fun it is. After the comp I might try and beat the mame record (the arcade record would be cool too, was set in 1984)

I'm enjoying this one more than the other games, I have only played a few games so far, just got up to round 4 and didn't get past the first long elevator. But I'm enjoying working it out, I'm not going to look up tips and videos.

Wild Ride is starting to shit me like Jumping Jack did - I can get so far, then die, have to restart all over only to die early because I get impatient :lol If nothing else, Universal were pretty clever and unique with some of their games.

I think this game is patternable to a certain extent, but it's not perfect - Scene 6 for example I do one way and it works most of the time, but other times it totally doesn't and it stuffs my whole game up. Need to think about this a bit more.

I think this game is patternable to a certain extent, but it's not perfect - Scene 6 for example I do one way and it works most of the time, but other times it totally doesn't and it stuffs my whole game up. Need to think about this a bit more.

If it was that easy, there would be nothing to think about.

And that's the trick of the old games: simple to understand, depth, often hard, challenging, frustrating, design flaws (some people call it technology limits - bahhh!), designed to take your money in 2-3 minutes.

However I think you are doing much better than 3 minutes ... :)

Wild Ride is a gem, however as we have played over 140 different games in the MGL and we are looking for more new ones, some more poor games will creep through.

The video craze died for many reasons, one was the glut of games that were mediocre to poor. (Yes and we know consoles came to be, ET and Pacman were a disgrace on cartridges, oversupply of machines etc.)

PS: On the bahhh ... I read that in Zookeeper the black coconut stage was a design error. However the programmer saw this bug and decided not to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm enjoying this one more than the other games, I have only played a few games so far, just got up to round 4 and didn't get past the first long elevator. But I'm enjoying working it out, I'm not going to look up tips and videos.

Good taste you have there ... :)

Just checked out the arcade record for Wild Ride on TG - 130K :o That is a bloody massive score if my limited understanding of how the game plays is correct. Guessing that is two 10k Diamonds in a completed game and "leeching" as much as possible with the lives available. Not even sure if you can get two diamonds in a single game on this :unsure