Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL 21 - Game 2 ~ Puzzle Bobble 2 (Player vs Computer) ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    1,188,190

    I had a great game once warmed up and just kept on nailing screens but with no bonus. I think I got like 150K for the last 3 or 4 rounds.

    Game on medium finished after round 12. Should it be changed? or just see who gets the most points in 12 rounds? I can complete most screens but with no bonus half the time, totally random game

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pbob0007.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1801170
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

    Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

    Comment


    • #32
      First game ever. Did I just get really lucky? The game seemed way too easy. Pretty sure I chose medium, LOL will go back and check.

      999960

      Click image for larger version

Name:	pbobble2-1399726869.png
Views:	1
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	1801171

      Edit: OK luck must be it, Im struggling to get 200k now.
      Another edit: Just finished a round in 10 seconds and got 445k
      Last edited by Barra; 10th May 2014, 09:30 PM.

      My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

      Comment


      • #33
        608080


        Seems a very random AI

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by chrisbo View Post
          I actually intended this to be played on 'Puzzle Mode' but forgot to mention it in the nomination process so I guess OOO just chose the mode that he thought was appropriate.
          I used default settings as per the MGL rules, and default is on Player vs Computer.
          BTW you can get a kazillion points in the puzzle mode,

          - - - Updated - - -

          Originally posted by Foot View Post
          Game on medium finished after round 12. Should it be changed?
          The game in Player vs Computer mode on either normal or hard has 12 rounds.
          I don't know of any medium setting
          You have to maximise your score.
          I guess like Black Tiger recently, you can finish the game but you need to max the points.

          Fascinating that Mameshane can top score with 1.5 million after only 3 rounds.
          Yet 2 others finish or almost finish the game and are just under this score.



          Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

          Comment


          • #35
            1089810
            Attached Files
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Barra View Post
              The game seemed way too easy.
              That's because you have lightning fast reflexes (as proven in Bank Panic) being such a young fella. I vote Barra should have to play pissed to bring his reaction times down (or is that up?) to what mine are

              Comment


              • #37
                <Amendment> This game does not use Rotary/Dial controls - It uses joystick input.
                Also it's worth ensuring difficulty level is correctly set in game configuration setup.

                Press F2 to enter configuration to ensure difficulty is correct
                Last edited by ozfalcon; 11th May 2014, 09:53 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ozfalcon View Post
                  Given that this game is a Rotary/Dial style game, I think we should all use standard dial configuration.
                  (It is very convenient for keyboard players to fine tune their Dial settings, Cabinet players often can not)
                  Also it's worth ensuring difficulty level is correctly set in game configuration setup.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]63978[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63979[/ATTACH]
                  Press F2 to enter configuration to ensure difficulty is correct
                  Press TAB/Analog controls to ensure Dial settings are correct
                  as they are analog settings I thought they would only affect analog controls? as in if u had a spinner/dial etc.

                  my settings match those as the are the defaults.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Well I have had a Puzzle Bobble 2 PCB for years and it does not use a spinner, just a normal joystick.

                    This PCB uses the Taito F3 system, which is comprised of a motherboard and a large cartridge. The cartridges can be swapped to change the game, some of which use spinners like Arkanoid Returms. That is why in the motherboard settings there are some options for dials, but it doesn't mean that this game was meant to use it.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by John73 View Post
                      That's because you have lightning fast reflexes (as proven in Bank Panic) being such a young fella. I vote Barra should have to play pissed to bring his reaction times down (or is that up?) to what mine are
                      Lol. I played a couple dozen games after it and could not get near my score apart from the one game getting 445k off one round.

                      Seems very luck based this game

                      My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by OOO View Post
                        I used default settings as per the MGL rules, and default is on Player vs Computer. BTW you can get a kazillion points in the puzzle mode,
                        Yes, the scoring is much higher on Puzzle Mode but it is more a test of the player's skill whereas PvC is very heavily based on luck (or the computer's current mood).
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by kane View Post
                          Well I have had a Puzzle Bobble 2 PCB for years and it does not use a spinner, just a normal joystick.

                          This PCB uses the Taito F3 system, which is comprised of a motherboard and a large cartridge. The cartridges can be swapped to change the game, some of which use spinners like Arkanoid Returms. That is why in the motherboard settings there are some options for dials, but it doesn't mean that this game was meant to use it.
                          Yeah, I should have checked it 1st. It uses joystick controls. The dial settings make no difference.

                          - - - Updated - - -

                          Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
                          as they are analog settings I thought they would only affect analog controls? as in if u had a spinner/dial etc.

                          my settings match those as the are the defaults.
                          Doesn't matter now - It's not dial control.

                          However those controls affect how the keyboard is translated into analog, So if it did use it then they would affect the input.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            325,990

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1801181

                            I'll be f*$#%d if I can get past level 3

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              99680

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1801182

                              i'm missing something here.. got to the same place a few time this morning and only got a couple of thousand each time..

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                1755610

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1755610.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1801186

                                My opening score of the MGL.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X