Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 21 - Game 1 ~ Willow ~ [FINISHED]

Dwarf vs Evil Queen ?

MGL 21 ? Game 1 ~ Willow

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/WillowMGL21Settings_zpse387bbba.png

Nominated by AA legends: Blktgr74 and RMacauley

Current AA Champ of Willow: Never played before in a MGL ? can YOU be the Champion?

ROM: Willow (US)

Game Story:

Make your way through a varied and interesting selection of levels to defeat the boss at the end. Along the way, pick up the coins from defeated enemies and treasure chests to spend at the various stores. The purchase of weapon power-ups are highly favorable since they will remain with you for the rest of the game. The overall gameplay is excellent. The final battle against Bavmorda is highly challenging and well worth the reward at the end ? if you can make it that far ?

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Willow finishes Sunday 18 May 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game on a single credit.

GAME 1 LAUNCH ?

:bunny:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/WillowFinal_zps3f2f61a1.png

Congratulations to RMacauley for winning Game 1.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/WillowMG21Winner_zps148014c2.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool as, I just played this on my new horiz cab today, played about three games and enjoyed it :) I played this an average amount BITD at the arcades, I can't really remember how far I progressed but I'm looking forward to having another try tomorrow.

This is rare, I enjoyed the movie AND I enjoy the game...........

Hey OOO your little touches on the pics are noticed and appreciated :)

- - - Updated - - -

What is that bunny doing?

I suggest that instead of going straight to YouTube or MARP and spoiling the story that instead you grab the movie and watch it then you can play through knowing the story and the characters. That's what I did in the late 80's, finished the movie a couple of times, but never finished the game. I think I will watch the movie again with my son tonight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096446/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Just a quick question to clarify continues, I'm assuming they WILL be allowed for practice, but NOT for submissions? so with this game when you will need to change your dips back to NO Continue before playing a game for submission.

Normally I don't like to use continues at all and practice as I did BITD from the start each game, but I'm finding the "C--T" stage bloody difficult I wouldn't mind doing some practice on that. (No I'm not swearing, that is a spoiler stopper, those that are up to the C--T will know what it is :))

• Administrators

Well I was mistaken. I've never played this game before and whilst I've only just now played the one game and I admit its early, I can't see myself liking this at all :blink:

Brad

I don't like games where I have to buy stuff of smart arse little old men

So you don't like Wardner or Wonder Boy In Monsterland ? I actually didn't notice him being rude, I will pay more attention next time.

• Super Moderator
So you don't like Wardner or Wonder Boy In Monsterland ? I actually didn't notice him being rude, I will pay more attention next time.

You know when people say "ohh no Crush Roller" my brain hears "oh no Wardner"

Well I was mistaken. I've never played this game before and whilst I've only just now played the one game and I admit its early, I can't see myself liking this at all :blink:

Brad

So open the account and let the scoring begin

What is that bunny doing?

A mystery of the MGL. I thought maybe a cheerleader saying "I love this game", or a taunt "kiss my button tail I am better than you at Willow".

Anyway something like that ...

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick question to clarify continues, I'm assuming they WILL be allowed for practice, but NOT for submissions?

Yes, continues allowed for practice but NOT for submissions, as per the 'Nominations' and 'Call For Ideas' threads.

... so with this game you will need to change your dips back to NO Continue before playing a game for submission.

Yes, dips back to NO continue before submitting a score, as per the 'Nominations' and 'Call For Ideas' threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I'm Jeffrey and using Dannys computer at gameroom essentials.

Never played the game before, but Danny loaded it up for me.

OK Jeffrey, it's been 3 hours since your last post.

What's your highest score now and have you played this game before?

Don't forget to post a screenshot to register a score ... :)

Had a few games.. Will post a score when I make it into the high score list some time in the next 2 weeks :rolleyes

Isn't the default high score 55,000?

Frank said he couldn't see through the microscope, so he was told to close one eye. He said he still couldn't see, and then he was told "don't close that eye, close the other one" ... "oh OK" ... "that's better".

:lol

Isn't the default high score 55,000?

Frank said he couldn't see through the microscope, so he was told to close one eye. He said he still couldn't see, and then he was told "don't close that eye, close the other one" ... "oh OK" ... "that's better".

:lol

10,000 gets you into the high score list, alas I am a long way short of that still :(

And I know exactly what movie you are talking about in your 2nd sentence - an absolute all time classic :) I'll leave it for others to guess what you're talking about.

This was actually a last minute substitution for something that will remain nameless.

Played this a lot way back when. Firstly at the Timezone I worked at and then at a local deli (to use the SA terminology. Insert milk bar if need be). I was doing OK but had hit a sticking point further into the game than the spot Rat referred to but got to watch one of our regulars at Timezone who could finish the game and he passed on a few tips. Relax. I'm not sharing but those helped me to beat the game.

That being said, the last time I played this was a long time ago. It took a long time to get past the spot Rat's referring to. That probably will happen again.

Hired the movie back in the day to figure out some things from the game and did enjoy it.

Will play tomorrow. Too many beers on board tonight

Edited by RMacauley

Never played this before now but have seen it sitting on my Hyperspin wheel.....

Had a few quick games.... I don't mind it so far, however I seem to be having difficulties getting a decent score.

I also feel (after playing Black Tiger in the last MGL) that there might be a lot of secrets in this game that I will need to learn.