MGL 21 - Game 1 ~ Willow ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    So you don't like Wardner or Wonder Boy In Monsterland ? I actually didn't notice him being rude, I will pay more attention next time.
    You know when people say "ohh no Crush Roller" my brain hears "oh no Wardner"
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Well I was mistaken. I've never played this game before and whilst I've only just now played the one game and I admit its early, I can't see myself liking this at all

Brad
      So open the account and let the scoring begin

Comment

What is that bunny doing?
        A mystery of the MGL. I thought maybe a cheerleader saying "I love this game", or a taunt "kiss my button tail I am better than you at Willow".
        Anyway something like that ...

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick question to clarify continues, I'm assuming they WILL be allowed for practice, but NOT for submissions?
        Yes, continues allowed for practice but NOT for submissions, as per the 'Nominations' and 'Call For Ideas' threads.

... so with this game you will need to change your dips back to NO Continue before playing a game for submission.
        Yes, dips back to NO continue before submitting a score, as per the 'Nominations' and 'Call For Ideas' threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by smoke View Post
        Hi I'm Jeffrey and using Dannys computer at gameroom essentials.

Never played the game before, but Danny loaded it up for me.
        OK Jeffrey, it's been 3 hours since your last post.
        What's your highest score now and have you played this game before?
        Don't forget to post a screenshot to register a score ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Had a few games.. Will post a score when I make it into the high score list some time in the next 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
            Had a few games.. Will post a score when I make it into the high score list some time in the next 2 weeks
            Isn't the default high score 55,000?
            Frank said he couldn't see through the microscope, so he was told to close one eye. He said he still couldn't see, and then he was told "don't close that eye, close the other one" ... "oh OK" ... "that's better".

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
              Isn't the default high score 55,000?
              Frank said he couldn't see through the microscope, so he was told to close one eye. He said he still couldn't see, and then he was told "don't close that eye, close the other one" ... "oh OK" ... "that's better".

10,000 gets you into the high score list, alas I am a long way short of that still

And I know exactly what movie you are talking about in your 2nd sentence - an absolute all time classic I'll leave it for others to guess what you're talking about.

Comment

My first time playing MGL so I guess I will kick it off. Just made it in.

Comment

This was actually a last minute substitution for something that will remain nameless.

Played this a lot way back when. Firstly at the Timezone I worked at and then at a local deli (to use the SA terminology. Insert milk bar if need be). I was doing OK but had hit a sticking point further into the game than the spot Rat referred to but got to watch one of our regulars at Timezone who could finish the game and he passed on a few tips. Relax. I'm not sharing but those helped me to beat the game.

That being said, the last time I played this was a long time ago. It took a long time to get past the spot Rat's referring to. That probably will happen again.

Hired the movie back in the day to figure out some things from the game and did enjoy it.

Will play tomorrow. Too many beers on board tonight
                  Last edited by RMacauley; 2nd May 2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Never played this before now but have seen it sitting on my Hyperspin wheel.....

Had a few quick games.... I don't mind it so far, however I seem to be having difficulties getting a decent score.

I also feel (after playing Black Tiger in the last MGL) that there might be a lot of secrets in this game that I will need to learn.

Comment

Seems to be a very hard game on 1 credit.

Comment

Definitely has a Wardner feel to it!

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Well I've had about 6 games of this so far and its getting worse in my opinion. It's gonna be a loooong week =P

Brad
                          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Slowly making my way up the game's top ten list, currently up to 9th!!

I keep dying while riding on the horse cart...

Comment

Originally posted by rusty_dagger View Post
                              Seems to be a very hard game on 1 credit.
                              Hard for now, but with more practice and experience over the next 2 weeks, you'll do fine ...

Clairvoyant reading ... looking in your teacup, hmmmm, yesssss, looks like you are a fan of Galaga ...
                              I wonder why that is ... the leaves don't tell if me it was BITD enjoyment or a recent discovery?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Another Rat View Post
                              ... there might be a lot of secrets in this game that I will need to learn.
                              Secrets to be discovered? Sounds like fun ...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                              ... he passed on a few tips. Relax. I'm not sharing but those helped me to beat the game
                              Interesting conundrum ... ... experience sure does help, and being able to watch someone else at the arcade.
                              At the deli did anyone order '1kg of liverwurst' while you were Burgertiming or Willowing ...
                              Last edited by OOO; 3rd May 2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post

Interesting conundrum ... ... experience sure does help, and being able to watch someone else at the arcade.
                                At the deli did anyone order '1kg of liverwurst' while you were Burgertiming or Willowing ...
                                No liverwurst or Burgertime for that matter. In SA a deli is basically a shop. Milk bar, corner shop, dairy, call it what you will. Just another example of the weird terminology in use in this state. I could walk around the corner to the deli and buy a fritz sandwich for lunch. Sound strange? Not over here.

Anyway back on track.

A bit rusty but at this rate give it a few days and I might be back in form. Died on the approach to Sorsha's Camp.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X