Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 20 - Game 8 ~ Kung-Fu Master ~ [FINISHED]

Kung-Fu Challenge ?

MGL 20 ? Game 8 ~ Kung-Fu Master

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/KungFuMasterMGL20Settings1a_zps6b5e0ed9.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/KungFuMasterMGL20Settings1b_zps4e5f312f.png

Nominated by AA legends: Brett2280, camaro, and Nicko71

Current AA Champ of Kung-Fu Master: There isn?t one. First time played in a MGL!

ROM: kungfum

Game Story:

This game has five floors that you must fight your way through to save your girlfriend Sylvia. You must fight various enemies and the clock to the end of each floor where you will find a master of various martial arts. Defeat him and you will proceed up the stairs to the next floor. Defeat the master on the fifth floor and save Sylvia, then ?

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Kung-Fu Master finishes Sunday 6 April 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above.

This is the LAST game of MGL 20 ... :cry.

Good luck.

GAME 8 GO TIME!

:027: :027: :027: :027: :027: :027: :027: :027:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/KungFuMaster4Final_zps9bbd6b2f.png

Congratulations to kernzy for winning Game 8.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/KungFuMasterMGLWinner_zps936682cc.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:unsure

Yes exactly ... :rolleyes

What a great way to end a MGL with a game that no one has a record for or played before in the MGL.

Many positions on the scoreboard are close ... and so a game of little known understanding will require players to up the ante to decide the fate of their progress ...

17 big days to go and then it's all over.

3 games in play and a lot to play for.

How does this end up? I'll match Barra's post with ... :unsure

:)

• Administrators

I never found the love for this game. It was everywhere as a kid and I hated it. Ironically played a fair bit of it on the C64 but still didn't like it that much.

Brad

kungfum.png.757edc28d89bdd524ec28ed40e75520f.png

I'll take first place if no one else wants it :D

Don't recall ever seeing this one in an arcade let alone playing it. Thankfully it's not Yie Ar Kung Fu because I'm sure there are guys who are great at that and I was ALWAYS terrible at it.

OT - sorry about that :)

This seems to be a trend with MGL's - and it happened probably more during the MGL's where we played 12 games over 2 weeks each. Is everyone gamed out towards the end?

You'd assume that the most popular games (by vote) would get the most comment, plays, views etc. But to date Kung Fu Master and Slap Flight have been pretty slow - Slap Fight ends in 4 days, Kung Fu in 11 days and both games haven't received much talk or score submissions.

I've been one of the offenders, but it's not a lack of enthusiasm, just luck of the draw that the final two games are ones that I wouldn't normally play. I really would like to put an effort in because it's the first time I'm a chance at a top 3 finish, but I just can't see all the practice in the world getting me over the line with these last two games. Slap Fight actually looks like a cool game, just doesn't show enough for me to put hours of play on end in a effort to keep Rob outta 3rd place. Ho Hum :D

Is everyone gamed out towards the end?

I might be way off base with this but I get the feeling that people think that the top places have already been pretty much decided and so there is not a lot to play for. I thought I noticed this during Bomb Jack where it seemed we had a major drop off in the number of contenders.

I might be way off base with this but I get the feeling that people think that the top places have already been pretty much decided and so there is not a lot to play for. I thought I noticed this during Bomb Jack where it seemed we had a major drop off in the number of contenders.

For me, I might be the exception to the rule, I am just not happy with a score that I have in Kung Fu Master yet. I haven't played it a lot, but thought I'd be able to beat the default hi-score and then I'd post one (that is what I have done with the other games) however this one hasn't been that east to beat.

In Kung Fu Master, I can get a better score by sacrificing a life at the end of the first level, essentially doing it 3 times as I haven't worked out how to do level 2 yet. The problem with this method is that I don't get enough points to knock off the default hi-score.

I don't really care that I won't win, but like to see how I can compare. The point scoring system that is used does make it disheartening when the best you can do scores you such a little amount. When you look at the scoreboard, the winner of Black Tiger hasn't played since the 3rd game however I haven't caught him because of how well he went with that 1st game. BTW, I am not crying out that the points system is bad or wrong etc. just that it has down sides (as does any system). I might have alook later out of interest and see if other scoring systems would make much of a difference.

For me, I might be the exception to the rule, I am just not happy with a score that I have in Kung Fu Master yet. I haven't played it a lot, but thought I'd be able to beat the default hi-score and then I'd post one (that is what I have done with the other games) however this one hasn't been that east to beat.

In Kung Fu Master, I can get a better score by sacrificing a life at the end of the first level, essentially doing it 3 times as I haven't worked out how to do level 2 yet. The problem with this method is that I don't get enough points to knock off the default hi-score.

I don't really care that I won't win, but like to see how I can compare. The point scoring system that is used does make it disheartening when the best you can do scores you such a little amount. When you look at the scoreboard, the winner of Black Tiger hasn't played since the 3rd game however I haven't caught him because of how well he went with that 1st game. BTW, I am not crying out that the points system is bad or wrong etc. just that it has down sides (as does any system). I might have alook later out of interest and see if other scoring systems would make much of a difference.

There's a few points to it for me, some of the bomb jack score where massive and I couldn't get to grips with it to get a Stella score and I believed I wouldn't increase my % a great deal. Times limited so I focused on games I'm ok at like Slapfight.

It doesn't mean I don't like to learn though as Black Tiger and Bank Panic have been great to improve on.

Kung Fu has always frustrated me but I'll give it a good go during the last week.... For now tho I've been putting some more hours into Slap Fight.

I suppose everyone has different reasons

I've turned a corner with this game and have reached the level 2 boss.... Frustration is fading and I'm surprised to say that after 20+ years of hate, I'm actually enjoying Kung Fu Master!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/27/ynyture2.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62457[/ATTACH]

Still haven't managed to beat the default hi-score which is when I was going to post but thought I'd get a score in just to put me on the board.

Finding level 2 tough but am getting better. I am actually thinking that my joystick isn't working properly, the diagonals are not working when I need them so I might test out my other joystick and see if it helps..... it is possible that I am the problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62457[/ATTACH]

Still haven't managed to beat the default hi-score which is when I was going to post but thought I'd get a score in just to put me on the board.

Finding level 2 tough but am getting better. I am actually thinking that my joystick isn't working properly, the diagonals are not working when I need them so I might test out my other joystick and see if it helps..... it is possible that I am the problem.

Same here.. The diagonals work when I don't want them too half the time making me jump in to things...and when I want DanielSan to jump diagonally he just jumps up and down like a moron.

diagonal jumps require you to walk at least a step or 2 before jumping. and roll that joystick around. do not attempt side jumps from standing still!!!

That might explain it... I thought I only tried to diagonal jump when I was walking but it might be that I have stopped to punch/kick someone first.... Will have to try again when I get home.