MGL 20 - Game 5 ~ Bank Panic ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barra View Post
    Wild western gunfight traditions? Unfair to shoot until a gun is drawn. Something like that.
    I wondered about this "unfair" thing too - is that a hint that we should be waiting for a gun to be drawn before shooting for more points? I might have to give it a go.

Comment

• Originally posted by John73 View Post
      I wondered about this "unfair" thing too - is that a hint that we should be waiting for a gun to be drawn before shooting for more points? I might have to give it a go.
      Yes.
      Setting stream up now

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

• Originally posted by John73 View Post
        Yes I think so. But I can't shoot fast enough to kill white boots bad guy. It all happens so fast I couldn't work it out - the ques, the $, who to shoot, the anything really - so had to read the wikipedia entry on the game. My Mame install doesn't have instruction cards - do any? I'm still lucky to get past round two on a good game but would have stopped playing otherwise. I'm not really sure on the ethics of MGL for stuff like this but at my level I figure no one cares.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bankp.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1800604

In the zone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
            Yes I think so. But I can't shoot fast enough to kill white boots bad guy. It all happens so fast I couldn't work it out - the ques, the $, who to shoot, the anything really - so had to read the wikipedia entry on the game. My Mame install doesn't have instruction cards - do any? I'm still lucky to get past round two on a good game but would have stopped playing otherwise. I'm not really sure on the ethics of MGL for stuff like this but at my level I figure no one cares.
            The Red badguy in the white boots will draw a second gun after you shoot him the first time, so it takes two bullets to kill him.

Yes.... not shooting so soon will mean more points.... once the bad guys draw shoot them. If you time it so that you shoot them at 00Secs you will get maximum points. As you get further into the game they draw faster so you need to shoot them faster.

Remember.... A dead bad guy as he was shot unfairly is better than a dead Hero

Comment

Name:	bank0000.png
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	1800605

That will do for tonight, happy to move up the rankings and finally score beyond 40k - not sure why I'm much better tonight, didn't learn that much from Barra - maybe it's having a Vodka first has calmed my nerves

Comment

• Here is my hard luck story.... decided to have a game during my lunch break at work and was doing pretty well when it started to glitch. It started glitching close to 300000 and I could see doors over the top of doors and couldn't see those who opened the door properly and lost a couple of lives through it. I took a screenshot when I hit 300000 still with 3 or 4 lives. The screen had frozen at that point and I couldn't move to any other door. After 5-10 seconds, the screen changed to be what is shown in the second screen shot.

I may have been about to lose all of my lives, but I feel that I was about to beat my high score.... oh well.... will need to try again, but not sure when I'll find the time.

The second screenshot is a photo from my camera as the screenshot button didn't seem to work at that point.

Comment

• 269500 PB

Comment

So bottom line here is I'm not so good at this game, but I guess it's time to jump in

Name:	0002.png
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1800615
                    Fry: "Wait a second. I know that monkey! His name is 'Donkey'."
                    Professor: "Monkeys aren't donkeys. Quit messing with my head!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord-Data View Post

So bottom line here is I'm not so good at this game, but I guess it's time to jump in
                      It is fun though isn't it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Another Rat View Post
                        It is fun though isn't it.
                        It's an infuriating game, lol, some of them are damn fast, and I'm only on low levels! You guys reflexes must be great at the higher levels! Still, I'll keep at it

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord-Data View Post
                          It's an infuriating game, lol, some of them are damn fast, and I'm only on low levels! You guys reflexes must be great at the higher levels! Still, I'll keep at it
                          I gave a few tips of things I found early on in this thread and then a couple more later on. The thing that stuffed me up at the start was I didn't know how to tell a bad guy from a good guy until they pulled their gun or money bag out. After I realised that the bad guys always have a handkerchief over their mouth I started to improve.

Comment

I gave a few tips of things I found early on in this thread and then a couple more later on. The thing that stuffed me up at the start was I didn't know how to tell a bad guy from a good guy until they pulled their gun or money bag out. After I realised that the bad guys always have a handkerchief over their mouth I started to improve.
                            I only just realised you can shoot hats!

Comment

it started to glitch.
                              Yeah, this has happened to me a couple of times.

BTW, can someone explain exactly what the difference is between the levels you can choose at the start of the game?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisbo View Post
                                Yeah, this has happened to me a couple of times.

BTW, can someone explain exactly what the difference is between the levels you can choose at the start of the game?
                                Just starts you at a later round and you get the bonus points when youve completed the round. Its possible to get 50k+ per level so not worth it.

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X