MGL 20 - Game 4 ~ Q*bert ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OOO View Post
    Well I have to "engrave" the name on the game winner's marquee for Q*bert soon.
    Who's it going be? ... this reminds me of the late finish for Jumping Jack ... exciting ...

2 hours to go ...

I might try and squeeze one more game in shortly, may even live stream it because I need to get into levels 6 & 7 and watch it back so I can work out what the hell is going on. I'm still having trouble with what appears to be overly active Sam & Slicks on the x-3 stages, 5-3, 6-3 etc. They seem more difficult to me, could this be in my head?

Beware one and all, next time this game comes up in an MGL I am going to have the skills to marathon it

Comment

this reminds me of the late finish for Jumping Jack
      Feels like deja vu to me.
      sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	qber0007.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	1800543
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Another 200k game, but couldn't keep it together. No time for another one, just need to wait to see what Chrisbo puts up now or if anyone else is gonna challenge at the 11th hour

Did record it though, so I'll go back later and watch and see if I can work out what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
              just need to wait to see what Chrisbo puts up now
              Nothing coming from me. Best I could manage was about 170K.

You must have figured out a 'point jackpot' because you are only about 4 screens ahead of my best but 80K better. Well done.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbo View Post
                Nothing coming from me. Best I could manage was about 170K.

You must have figured out a 'point jackpot' because you are only about 4 screens ahead of my best but 80K better. Well done.
                Nah no point jackpots, the game just repeats saying level 9 forever and ever. I'll have to watch back my replay, but I have had a few Q*Bert people verify that you score around 8,000 to 8,500 per board or 32,000 to 34,000 per level for every level you complete starting at 6. I think the 294k score was level 9 for the 2nd time round when I died .

Now to get on with Bomb Jack and seeing if I can finally break 1,000,000.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                  the game just repeats saying level 9 forever and ever.
                  Really? Didn't know that.

That makes much more sense then.
                  sigpic

Comment

45930 a late PB and I'm happy to see the back of you Noser for a fair while. Couldn't get beyond level 3.

Comment

It's 7pm on Sunday 9-March-2014.
                      Score submissions for Game 4 Q*bert is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/QB_Coily_zps3a9ad90b.png.html][/URL]

Pash doubles his score yesterday with 130,175 to take a really nice 4th place.
                      DKong scores 155,675 with a few hours to go (previous score 34,785) and jumps from 10th place to 3rd place …
                      Then John73 finds some magic and a well earned score of 294,470 with 4 hours to go … hits the lead and takes out his 3rd AA record (Bump n Jump and Road Fighter are the other two).
                      chrisbo played great for another 2nd place.
                      The Top 4 broke the AA record and many others learned that Q*bert really takes some getting used to …

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Qbert5Final_zps5075040e.png.html][/URL]

Congratulations to John73 for setting a new AA record and winning Game 4.

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/QBertMGL20_Winner_zpsb7f02635.png.html][/URL]

Bank Panic and Bomb Jack are currently in play, Games 5 and 6 …
                      Four games completed, four to go ... half way point. I'll update the overall scoreboard later tonight.

Last edited by OOO; 9 March 2014, 07:53 PM.

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...tions-are-open

Comment

Well done John...you really have the hang of this game

Comment

Just for the experience of the real thing when it happened BITD...

Q*bert 1980s style, original dedicated cab, original sounds, and how not to play Q*bert ...
                          Brings back recent memories doesn't it! ... enjoy ...

Just love the ohhh nooo ...
                          Maybe we should get a crowd in to cheer us on in the MGL, just like in Starcade ...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...tions-are-open

Comment

Just for the experience of the real thing when it happened BITD...

Q*bert 1980s style, original dedicated cab, original sounds, and how not to play Q*bert ...
                            Brings back recent memories doesn't it! ... enjoy ...

Just love the ohhh nooo ...
                            Maybe we should get a crowd in to cheer us on in the MGL, just like in Starcade ...

For those who don't know (and I didn't know until the other day until it was posted on CAGDC) Geoff Edwards was the host of this fantastic show and he recently passed away

Google Starcade - plenty of episodes online and they are great to watch.

This is a great clip, I couldn't imagine getting my Mum on that show to play any arcade game, Q*Bert no less, I don't think she has played an arcade game in her life, couldn't even get her interested in Space Invaders on the Vic-20 30 odd years ago let alone playing a real arcade game
                            Last edited by John73; 9 March 2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

PS1: Did anyone see Barra in the TV report? And if you do, which dude is it?
                              I missed the Christchurch leg of Pincade, so my mug isnt in the video anywhere

- - - Updated - - -

Well done John on a huge qbert win! Yourself and chrisbo were too good

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

A couple of photos of me (and some others) just for you [MENTION=9067]OOO[/MENTION]
                                Im playing Galaga in the first two (dont worry I didnt spend all day on there!). The last one is me and Rat

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pincade 2014 05.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1800610Click image for larger version

Name:	Pincade 2014 06.jpg
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1800611Click image for larger version

Name:	Pincade 2014 39.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1800612

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X