Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 20 - Game 4 ~ Q*bert ~ [FINISHED]

@!#?@! …

MGL 20 – Game 4 ~ Q*bert

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QBertMGL20Settings1a_zps37ceea05.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QBertMGL20Settings1b_zps1b35a92d.png

Nominated by AA legends: azathoth, John73 and sairuk

Current AA Champ of Q*bert: Brad 128,255

ROM: qbert (US set 1)

Game Story:

A two-legged, big-nosed, orange creature jumps diagonally around on a pyramid, changing the colour of the blocks it lands on. Avoid most moving objects and characters while luring Coily, the snake, to his demise by jumping off the edge of the pyramid onto one of the flying disks. A colourful game!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Q*bert finishes Sunday 9 March 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above.

GAME 4 GO TIME!

:jump:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Qbert5Final_zps5075040e.png

Congratulations to John73 for setting a new AA record and winning Game 4.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QBertMGL20_Winner_zpsb7f02635.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

qbert.png.18a0be5ba3ccf9850e61d86fd6dc925d.png

I can't even remember what my best on this game is, I don't think it's much more than 40k. Hopefully 2 and bit weeks will get me some incentive to keep at it.

Oh and for those that don't know, you need to download the samples if you want to authentic sound effects - the Q*Bert swearing, the knocker sound etc.

Oh and for those that don't know, you need to download the samples if you want to authentic sound effects - the Q*Bert swearing, the knocker sound etc.

Ahhh nice!

Looks like my mighty score didn't last long, just can't get my head around the isometric view:103:

qber0000.png.63a13b5141bf4603221a16912eb21a02.png

That might do for tonight, had about 5 or 6 games. I'll give a bit more a crack tomorrow, but I really need to keep concentrating on JJ. I don't want to say I've thrown the towel in on Tiger Heli but I think I've thrown the towel in on Tiger Heli :lol

0001.png.5206830783370f004285451b496d733f.png

another new one as far as any play goes.. never been in the presence of an actual qbert machine and doesn't really go in the kind of dodgy woodgrain operator cabs that littered the landscape where i grew up..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60862[/ATTACH]

another new one as far as any play goes.. never been in the presence of an actual qbert machine and doesn't really go in the kind of dodgy woodgrain operator cabs that littered the landscape where i grew up..

I've got to admit that I don't think I ever saw a Q*Bert cab growing up - I definitely didn't play one if there was one at the local arcade. Not sure how I knew about it, but I did have a copy of it for my Amstrad 464 and it cheated like an absolute bastard. Unless coily was nearly on top of you when you jumped on the disc, he'd piss off and not follow you - at least the arcade version is a bit better.

I've got to admit that I don't think I ever saw a Q*Bert cab growing up - I definitely didn't play one if there was one at the local arcade. Not sure how I knew about it, but I did have a copy of it for my Amstrad 464 and it cheated like an absolute bastard. Unless coily was nearly on top of you when you jumped on the disc, he'd piss off and not follow you - at least the arcade version is a bit better.

i had it for the venerable c64, but it sat in the corner, next to scramble.. i kind of get coily now after a few games but whats up with the fungus looking things on level 3.. this is going to be one of those games that throws an endless stream of of abstract and arbitrary objects at me until i descend into madness isn't it..

Just throwing a quick score up there before I leave for the airport. This is unfortunately as good as I get using the keyboard and I don't think I'll improve much with a joystick. Timezone Liverpool had A Q*Bert back in the day but I never quite got my head around the controls. Tried it again at Funspot and I still sucked at it.

Nothing further from me until at least Sunday night. 3 days of pinball in Sydney. And a few quiet ales. :slamtilt::cheers:

qbert.png.c420d32cf5f9ef509467e95e060a6add.png

Absolute nightmare playing with an 8-Way, have to change the stick tonight, then maybe, just maybe a reasonable score.

This is probably the major problem with having Q*Bert - it is a 4 way game, but you really need your joystick rotated 45 degree's which I'm guessing is a major hassle for most.

I play everything on keyboard, so it's not an issue for me. This is how I set up the controls, and it seems to work fairly well on keyboard:

qcontrols.thumb.png.9ebc6f731f23058c86d0c48f5251db2e.png

remapping is a good idea.. the buttons on my cab are laid out similar to your 1256, tho there is one side effect to that, if i do remap the controls to something that makes more sense and i still suck at qbert then i've got nothing left to blame but myself..