This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 20 - Scoreboard [8 of 8 Games Completed]

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/SB10Final_zpsd6087778.png.html][/URL]

Please note that we are using the % scoring system for this MGL. The highest score in each game will receive 100 points/percent and each player below that score will receive a % of the highest score. The maximum therefore that anyone can score after all eight games are completed is 800 points for 8 wins.

16-Feb-2014:

After Game 1, Black Tiger brought out the best in most players as they hit new PBs and the old AA record "bit the dust".
    Many players haven't played all three games yet and many first scores are in Games 2 and 3.
    A lot to play for yet ... 7 games to go!

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/SB1_zps9298f04c.png.html][/URL]

Last edited by OOO; 6 April 2014, 08:10 PM.

MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

It's early in the league but I have already proven that I am not a contender..... oh well, I'll just have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Another Rat View Post
      It's early in the league but I have already proven that I am not a contender..... oh well, I'll just have fun with it.
      Don't worry about it too much. I was convinced before my first MGL that I would crush everyone with my arcade skills - haven't even managed a top 3 finish after about 8 MGL's - some of these guys grew up in arcades - it's all about having some fun and doing your best - which you already are Just look at the points table and see if you can move yourself up over the person one in front of you.

Comment

To be great at anything takes practice, practice, practice, learning, patience, skill refinement, thinking outside the box and fun.
        If you put the fun and effort in, you will be rewarded.
        And if you play for fun and improve your skills, hit PBs and enjoy this community, well you're a winner in my books ...

Comment

You might be surprised. It only takes a high score in 1 or 2 games to really move up the table. Hang in there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbo View Post
            You might be surprised. It only takes a high score in 1 or 2 games to really move up the table. Hang in there.
            Especially if a game comes up where you can absolutely crush all before you - you'll get 100% and the next best might be 50, 25 or even less The only game where I think I can crush most people, I still have to content with that Macauley character posting a massive score also.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
              Especially if a game comes up where you can absolutely crush all before you - you'll get 100% and the next best might be 50, 25 or even less The only game where I think I can crush most people, I still have to content with that Macauley character posting a massive score also.
              Who? Moi? Surely you jest. Nothing further on jumping jack from me. I'm in Sydney without any mame access until I get home late Sunday night. And I suck at q'bert

Comment

After Game 2, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

The Top 3 have made a mini break from the rest of the group.
                From positions 4 to 10 lies only 34.79 points difference, a very close bunch, yet only 84.5 points at worst from the lead.
                From positions 11 to 25, it's early days only, so much yet to be played for ...

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/SBAfterGame2_zpsfe31512a.png.html][/URL]

As chrisbo posted earlier, a good score will make a huge difference and take you near the top ...
                Originally posted by chrisbo View Post
                6 games to go and the games to come will be quite a surprise ...

Also there are 21 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after games 1 and 2, if they play all 8 games.
                Last edited by OOO; 23 February 2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Exciting stuff. But im in trouble only getting 3-4 k on qbert lol. Keep jumping off the edge.
                  Pinballs Wanted -----------> Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett2280 View Post
                    Exciting stuff. But im in trouble only getting 3-4 k on qbert lol. Keep jumping off the edge.
                    Are you playing with joystick or keyboard? If keyboard, you may need to remap the keys - using the arrows sucks balls with Q*Bert.

Comment

Are you playing with joystick or keyboard? If keyboard, you may need to remap the keys - using the arrows sucks balls with Q*Bert.
                      It doesnt take long to get used to. I just use the arrow keys

My stream - - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

I dare say this is the first time Rob hasn't been in the top 3 after 2 games played, have the gods of the selection process thrown a curve ball at you? I know you're doing well in in Tiger Heli, but it looks like Q*Bert isn't a favorite of yours. Could the massive run of first place finishes end?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Barra View Post
                        It doesnt take long to get used to. I just use the arrow keys
                        Yeah but you're a gaming freak - thanks to you and Chrisbo, I thought I was gonna score some decent points in JJ - ended up with only 56 points for finishing 4th, I'm never ever cheering for NZ in the cricket again

Comment

Yeah but you're a gaming freak - thanks to you and Chrisbo, I thought I was gonna score some decent points in JJ - ended up with only 56 points for finishing 4th, I'm never ever cheering for NZ in the cricket again
                          Its all Chrisbo's fault - he made me play it again!

Wait, you cheered for us in the first place?! I support two teams: NZ, and anyone playing Australia

My stream - - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Using an upright arcade cabinet. I dont have any games on my computer. Bought the cabinet off ebay.
                            Pinballs Wanted -----------> Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by Barra View Post
                              Its all Chrisbo's fault - he made me play it again!

Wait, you cheered for us in the first place?! I support two teams: NZ, and anyone playing Australia

I only cheer for NZ in the cricket because I loathe every other nation

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Brett2280 View Post
                              Using an upright arcade cabinet. I dont have any games on my computer. Bought the cabinet off ebay.
                              So you've got the control set up as Brad suggested? You need it on diagonal I believe - unless you can rotate the joy to 45 degree's you may find it easier playing with MAME on your PC. Just my guess though

Yes I did nominate this game, but honestly, MGL say's the game should be playable on 4 or 8 way, 2 or 3 buttons max - we never ever made mention of games having to be played with joys set to 45 degree's - in all honesty this game is probably not suited to a cab unless you can get your stick set at 45 degree's - sure you can learn, but it's just not natural.

I've never played an original Q*Bert, I'd think the controls would feel rather weird just going for the diags

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X